Koh Tao murders: David Miller family confident Thai court "made correct decision" by upholding guilty verdict

webfact

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

who puts a smashed phone in a plastic evidence bag

and chucks it out of their back window?

Ask Wei Phyo and his mate. 

Who goes swimming at 2 am in the rain? 

Who gets up at 4am to go back to the beach, with only 2 hours sleep after a drunken  nite on the booze.

Who puts a smashed phone in a plastic bag and hides it.

Wei Phyo says he did all of the above.  

5 hours ago, berybert said:

You don't believe a story about missing clothes as told by 2 Burmese boys.

You don't care about Hannah's missing clothes that would have been covered in the murderers DNA.

These are clothes that were in the custody of the RTP that you have 100% faith in.

How do you know for even one half second that Hannah's clothes would have been covered in DNA from the Murderer? Unless you were the murderer yourself. You assume that because they did not find any DNA of the Accused on her clothes then they are innocent and the police are hiding something.

Let me give you another scenario!

Hannah was found naked from the waist down. She could have been told to remove all of her own clothing then putting some back on when she was murdered after the rape. In that case the murdered would not have even come close to here clothes let alone having his DNA all over them.

Odd you didn't mention the blonde hair in Hannah's hand that went missing also. That was big news at first. But it was another item that wasn't missing and was tested. It just didn't match any of the suspects. So why is that? Could it be the hair belonged to Hannah?

Or the Murder Weapon, the Bloody Hoe, which did not have the DNA of the Accused on it therefore for sure they must be innocent. What if they dropped the Hoe in a salty ocean while fighting and someone picked it up and laid it down when the handle was wet and dripping with water. How much DNA would be left on it? Besides the Gardener the next day when he picked it up to use in his garden.

But when they find DNA of both the Accused inside of Hannah, in the form as a Sperm Sample, then this DNA Automatically becomes tainted, or falsified, or lost, or stolen, or misplaced, or incomplete, or covered-up, or misrepresented, or mutated, or copied, or duplicated, and the list goes on and on. 

I even heard once that Hannah was a willing partner. Or the one going around still is she wasn't raped at all, just left naked as the autopsy in the UK didn't reveal that to the media. Or that she wasn't a willing partner, and the UK autopsy didn't indicate a rape, but the Thai Autopsy discovered 2 sperm samples form both of the Accused inside her. Gosh! How about something simple. Like the 2 Accused Raped Hannah and their sperm was discovered in Hannah afterwards, which was later matched to them, and thus why they were charge as they must be the ones who did it.   

All I know for sure is that they had their day in Court and had fare representation. The Defense was given every opportunity to rebuttal any charges against them and contradict any of this damning evidence, including DNA Evidence. In my view the trial was held fairly and the Defense was even given extra time to plead there case. But lost! They lost to the Appeal Court also. Now it is up to the Supreme Court, and if they will even hear this case, but on Capital Punishment Case, I believe they will.   

1 minute ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

How do you know for even one half second that Hannah's clothes would have been covered in DNA from the Murderer? Unless you were the murderer yourself. You assume that because they did not find any DNA of the Accused on her clothes then they are innocent and the police are hiding something.

Let me give you another scenario!

Hannah was found naked from the waist down. She could have been told to remove all of her own clothing then putting some back on when she was murdered after the rape. In that case the murdered would not have even come close to here clothes let alone having his DNA all over them.

Hannah was found with her dress on which was pulled up. That was the dress that went missing.

Please keep to the facts and stop making stuff up.

10 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

I believe they are guilty because I don't believe the made up story they came out later after they first admitted to being guilty.

Sitting at the beach all night and even going for a swim near the murder scene but not seeing anything or anybody all night. Missing clothes from their late night swim, when everyone is in bed, which makes you also wonder who would steel some old clothes or flip flops, which they must have thought turned up at the murder scene. Remembering everything that night except what time they got home, as they said they were too drunk.

Not seeing anyone all night long but being able to spot a Black Cell Phone in the Sand at night time, which turns out to be David Millers. Yet with both of them being quite poor, they decide to give this expensive cell phone to a friend based only because he has helped them in the past. But this story gets better and is my favorite one. How does this Friend show his appreciation to the Accused for getting such and nice expensive gift like that for doing nothing?

Their Friend tries the cell phone but it doesn't work. Does he: 1) Try to get fixed so he can use it later? 2) Give it back to his Friends with a Thank You for the gift but sorry it doesn't work. 3) Put it on a shelf and forget about it. No to all answers! What their Friend does is he puts it in a Plastic Bag, takes out a hammer so he can smash it up to small pieces, then throws it in the jungle in his back yard never to be found again. The Police only knew he had it because the Accused told them, when they first confessed.

Believe that if you want to but I don't. For the court case it was other evidence as well they claim to have, like DNA, which they felt was far to overwhelming and enough evidence to convict them. The Appeals Court agrees to that verdict. Whether it is or isn't, has always been up for debate. But it is what it is.

I think somebody needs to develop a slight sense of scepticism for what is reported in Thai police accounts to the media, or next they'll be believing there is no prostitution in  Bangkok (once reported by a senior Thai cop) and that Thai police never use torture to extract confessions from suspects. :whistling:

20 minutes ago, berybert said:

Hannah was found with her dress on which was pulled up. That was the dress that went missing.

Please keep to the facts and stop making stuff up.

And Hannah's Panties were where?

Making stuff up?

It was you the reported that this dress was missing and covered with the Murders DNA. I only asked how do you know this?

Did the Police Report to it was missing and covered with the Murder's DNA? Or did you get this news form some other Crack Pot Site?  

So much trolling in such a few posts, and now ThaiVisa's uber-troll has joined the conversation - which is understandable with his beloved junta being up to their necks in this stitch-up. By the way, one family believes the Thai police lies, the other one reserved judgement (though their second daughter was repeatedly threatened with the same fate as her sister by supporters of the real killers. And she was also threatened with prosecution by the corrupt Thai police force when she went public with her family's ordeal).

1 hour ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

And Hannah's Panties were where?

Making stuff up?

It was you the reported that this dress was missing and covered with the Murders DNA. I only asked how do you know this?

Did the Police Report to it was missing and covered with the Murder's DNA? Or did you get this news form some other Crack Pot Site?  

Using your logic maybe David was wearing Hannah's panties on his head ?

On 3/3/2017 at 1:28 AM, smedly said:

yes they were told the DNA was a match 100% they did it - little do these people know about these things, they believe what they were told and from experience back home were police and the system generally want to see guilty people brought to justice - they bought it, I can understand that because that is what they are used too, standards are high in the west - we expect the police to follow procedures and protocol to make sure that what they claim is irrefutable and proven beyond doubt and will also stand up to the highest scrutiny that a defence team can throw at it, unfortunately such standards do not exist in Thailand, the claim - the DNA was a match scribbled on a piece of paper and claimed tests carried out in a police lab were people are told what the outcome must be or else, that is how it is, standards are none existent - critical procedures and protocols are not followed, why do the police use their own lab instead of the CIFS which operates under the justice ministry - well simple - they cannot be manipulated and do follow international standards and cannot be bought bribed or threatened as has been proven time and time again  - the police hate them because they are independent and cannot be influenced which is how it should be  

so let's get this right....

the parent's were told it was a 100% DNA match - but you were privvy to information they weren't??

or you think somehow the parents didn't have a closer eye on the media than yourself?

how are you more of an expert on this case than them?

35 minutes ago, Dagnabbit said:

so let's get this right....

the parent's were told it was a 100% DNA match - but you were privvy to information they weren't??

or you think somehow the parents didn't have a closer eye on the media than yourself?

how are you more of an expert on this case than them?

A 100% dna match is technically impossible with forensics, which means that the police lied.

yes they were told the DNA was a match 100% they did it - little do these people know about these things, they believe what they were told and from experience back home were police and the system generally want to see guilty people brought to justice - they bought it, I can understand that because that is what they are used too, standards are high in the west - we expect the police to follow procedures and protocol to make sure that what they claim is irrefutable and proven beyond doubt and will also stand up to the highest scrutiny that a defence team can throw at it, unfortunately such standards do not exist in Thailand, the claim - the DNA was a match scribbled on a piece of paper and claimed tests carried out in a police lab were people are told what the outcome must be or else, that is how it is, standards are none existent - critical procedures and protocols are not followed, why do the police use their own lab instead of the CIFS which operates under the justice ministry - well simple - they cannot be manipulated and do follow international standards and cannot be bought bribed or threatened as has been proven time and time again  - the police hate them because they are independent and cannot be influenced which is how it should be  

3 hours ago, plachon said:

I think somebody needs to develop a slight sense of scepticism for what is reported in Thai police accounts to the media, or next they'll be believing there is no prostitution in  Bangkok (once reported by a senior Thai cop) and that Thai police never use torture to extract confessions from suspects. :whistling:

because my many years as a city bus driver gives me a little more knowledge of these matters than an average family, I also understand exactly how average families with no expertise in such things generally believe what they are told and have faith in the system and authorities telling them the truth and doing their job by the book - well in the UK that is 

8 hours ago, Khun Han said:

A 100% dna match is technically impossible with forensics, which means that the police lied.

Or the person that wrote the English news article/blog post/forum post you read, simply got the translation wrong.

It's not as if you were there listening to it in Thai were you?

8 hours ago, smedly said:

because my many years as a city bus driver gives me a little more knowledge of these matters than an average family, I also understand exactly how average families with no expertise in such things generally believe what they are told and have faith in the system and authorities telling them the truth and doing their job by the book - well in the UK that is 

You have no idea what was said in court in Thai. It could well have been closer to 'beyond reasonable doubt', right?

All you have is second hand reports in a different language.

The thought that all you armchair detectives are privvy to better information than the parents is laughable.

So much trolling in such a few posts, and now ThaiVisa's uber-troll has joined the conversation - which is understandable with his beloved junta being up to their necks in this stitch-up. By the way, one family believes the Thai police lies, the other one reserved judgement (though their second daughter was repeatedly threatened with the same fate as her sister by supporters of the real killers. And she was also threatened with prosecution by the corrupt Thai police force when she went public with her family's ordeal).

The sister was in the UK when these threats happened? if so then the Thai police would have no chance of prosecuting anyone?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

1 hour ago, roo860 said:

The sister was in the UK when these threats happened? if so then the Thai police would have no chance of prosecuting anyone?

You would need to take that up with Pol Gen Chaktip, the big boss of Thailand's police, who announced that he'd asked his police force to look into the possibility of prosecuting Laura.

You would need to take that up with Pol Gen Chaktip, the big boss of Thailand's police, who announced that he'd asked his police force to look into the possibility of prosecuting Laura.

I really couldn't see the UK government extraditing her to Thailand to face criminal charges, could you?