Is Penang Visa Friendly?

I am going to Penang to try for a Non Imm 'o' Visa, i have a copy of my Kids birth certificate, my bank book with well over A Milion Baht in it, i am 48. I know i can get one in Australia, will i have a problem in Penang? I called Sharma Travel in Penang, they said it would be ok with the paperwork i have, but then again , they would, i will use their shop.

Anyone got any first hand experience in Penang recently?

Take the wife or a copy of her ID card with you and to be sure a letter that you are still together. Are you going to get and non immigrant single entry and they start the extension process? If so should not be a problem in Penang. If you require multi entry type it is better to obtain in OZ or your home country from recent reports.

I am going to Penang to try for a Non Imm 'o' Visa, i have a copy of my Kids birth certificate, my bank book with well over A Milion Baht in it, i am 48. I know i can get one in Australia, will i have a problem in Penang?  I called Sharma Travel in Penang, they said it would be ok with the paperwork i have, but then again , they would, i will use their shop.

Anyone got any first hand experience in Penang recently?

They hate issuing multi's in Penang. With your bank accounts get a single there and get a 12 month extension in Thailand. Get a multi re-entry permit too. Thereafter it is an annual renewal. No need to get another visa.

an agent costs 300 baht. how you gonna go wrong using one? let them deal with the insanity of traveling to and fro consulate and save you cab fare and waiting in line. my time aint worth 300 baht. please gimme a break

Thanks Guys, i think i will apply for the Muliti and make do with the single Entry that i will no doubt be offered, so if i say i have a Thai kid, Money in Thailand, i am 49 this year and would like to start the process for long term Visa's and i have a good bank balance. I should have no Problem?

I do not have a copy of the Mothers id card in her original name, although i still support my son, she is married to another farang, i have a copy of that ID, but i am wondering if it's a good idea to show that, as she has a name change, and the change is not to my name.

So i will have , copy of Boys Birth certificate and copy of Bank Book and a passport that will show that i do not stay in Thailand permanently but work overseas, and return to Thailand when my job allows me to, which is often.

Anyway i will go this week, i will let you know what happened.

Thanks.

No need to use a visa agency....they just rip you off :o

Easy to do this by yourself :D

I don't think 300 Baht is a rip off at all, those people provide a good service, i would probably pay more in taxi fares and do i want to queue up at the consulate?

No, 300 baht is incredibly good value for a door to door service.

No need to use a visa agency....they just rip you off  :o

Easy to do this by yourself :D

I don't think 300 Baht is a rip off at all, those people provide a good service, i would probably pay more in taxi fares and do i want to queue up at the consulate?

No, 300 baht is incredibly good value for a door to door service.

and you can enjoy an icy cold beer istead of standing in line. Money well spent :D