M-Society removes more homeless people from streets of Bangkok

webfact

M-Society removes more homeless people from streets of Bangkok

BANGKOK, 2 March 2017 (NNT) - The Ministry of Social Development and Human Security reached out to homeless people in Bangkok in an effort to improve their lives. 

A group of officials, police officers and city rangers traveled to Sukhumvit Soi 4 and 8 after a few homeless people were found wandering the streets. They spoke to a 40-year old homeless man who told them he was originally from Khlong Toei. He was later taken to Lumpini Metro Police Station for further questioning. 

Further, a handicapped man was found begging for money on the footpath in the area. He was taken to the same police station where he was asked to provide personal details. 

Both men will be assisted by the Ministry of Social Development and Human Security and will be required to undergo a rehabilitation program. 

More than 4,500 beggars and homeless people have so far been taken off the streets since the ministry began a series of visits across Bangkok and its vicinity. Around 800 others at Sanam Luang also received help from the Ministry of Social Development and Human Security.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-03-02

well its a start in the right direction instead of ignoring the problem I think ! take a look at some neighbouring countries they are not dealing with this problem very well and look what happens ! they at least will be cleaned up and fed and maybe get some medical attention and counselling to re integrate into society again how ever crude that might be its better than begging and starving and dying in the gutter ! 

what do you mean northern boy  Think it is what others call by another name ? 

please enlighten us ! 

Whomever they take off the street likely will be replaced by others pretty soon.

A lot of the street beggars and those with disabilities aren't even Thai, but rather are from other adjoining countries, and often are being "run" by local trafficking or mafia types.

19 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Whomever they take off the street likely will be replaced by others pretty soon.

A lot of the street beggars and those with disabilities aren't even Thai, but rather are from other adjoining countries, and often are being "run" by local trafficking or mafia types.

This is not just a thai thing I see it in a towns now  all over France  more and more each day 

3 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

This is not just a thai thing I see it in a towns now  all over France  more and more each day 

Talking about France..... Ever noticed when you arrive at CDG Airport,  there is loads of homeless all pushing trolleys with all their stuff....sad for sure....

On 04/03/2017 at 3:01 PM, robertthebruce said:

Talking about France..... Ever noticed when you arrive at CDG Airport,  there is loads of homeless all pushing trolleys with all their stuff....sad for sure....

Yes mate for sure France is slowly draining away into a mire of filth ..I take a lot of my clients to hotels in paris and always try to avoid the worst areas when possible  cardboard citys and a meter high refuge is not the most welcoming site  sad very sad