Koh Tao resort accused of land encroachment

webfact

Koh Tao resort accused of land encroachment

By Sasiwan Mokkhasen, Staff Reporter

Koh-Tao4-696x464.jpg  

Photo: kingJourneys / Facebook

KOH TAO — A popular cliffside resort on Koh Tao famous for its water slide has been accused of land encroachment, authorities said Wednesday.

The Sai Daeng Resort Koh Tao, which opened last year, will be inspected to determine whether it was built legally atop its seaside perch. Forestry officials said they believe the land was granted protected status under a 1941 law.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2017/03/02/koh-tao-resort-accused-land-encroachment/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-03-02

One post containing potential defamation has been removed from this thread.

From the Forum Rules:

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

yes it appears the Island of untouchables does strike again ! my god when will they wake up and deal with the relevant corrupt person ! it wouldn't be the village elder or his sons by any chance who gave the permission to construct this ? my this family must be rakeing it in by the boat load and the local police chief perhaps working together amongst others I would wonder ! the law : all for one and one for all ! other resorts have been torn down for less so why make an exception in this case ? nature reserve or not ! that is the question get on with it.

I personally will never set foot on that bloody Island and recommend others stay well away from the place until it is cleaned up properly very dangerous for foreigners with the present officials governing there the untouchables ! LoL ! 

Archived