App dating gone wrong: Ladyboy student attacked by WeChat man she turned down

snoop1130

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2 March, 2017 at 8:33 AM, Bluespunk said:

The choice isn't yours to make.

If a person wishes to be addressed by a particular personal pronoun , then that choice should be respected.

No.  You are advocating deceit. The attempt to change  the manner in which gender is described is unscientific and dishonest. Gender always was  determined by genetic makeup and the physical attributes of the physical being. There are males and females and hermaphrodites. Your logic holds that a female asian who identifies as an african male must be treated as  such.

10 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

No.  You are advocating deceit. The attempt to change  the manner in which gender is described is unscientific and dishonest. Gender always was  determined by genetic makeup and the physical attributes of the physical being. There are males and females and hermaphrodites. Your logic holds that a female asian who identifies as an african male must be treated as  such.

No I am advocating understanding, tolerance and respect for another's choices.

Just as I expect the same in return.

As for someone of Asian birth who obtains an African passport, then yes they can be considered African.

Or are you advocating ethnicity determines nationality?

Edited by Bluespunk

25 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No I am advocating understanding, tolerance and respect for another's choices.

Just as I expect the same in return.

As for someone of Asian birth who obtains an African passport, then yes they can be considered African.

From a different context:   Consider a person was born in San Diego, but the parents are from Korean ancestry, does that make that person an American?

Socialization is the factor.  Did the children assimilate into American Culture, did they keep their parent culture at home?

A very interesting thesis...

Edited by Rhys

1 minute ago, Rhys said:

From a different context:   Consider a person was born in San Diego, but the parents are from Korean ancestry, does that make that person an American?

Socialization is the factor.  Did the children assimilate into American Culture, did they keep their parent culture at home?

A very interesting thesis...

No, I'm advocating that a person's identity choices are theirs to make. 

No one else's. 

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

No, I'm advocating that a person's identity choices are theirs to make. 

No one else's. 

Indeed I agree.... Sorry but I but in the case of ethnicity vs nationality and a view points of some Thais, that same Asian  (Korean) American person is view by some Thais as Korean and not American. That has been observed and expressed by some.

5 minutes ago, Rhys said:

Indeed I agree.... Sorry but I but in the case of ethnicity vs nationality and a view points of some Thais, that same Asian  (Korean) American person is view by some Thais as Korean and not American. That has been observed and expressed by some.

Yeah, well, the Thais have no say in a Korean Americans choice as far as I'm concerned. 

Nationality isn't the same as ethnicity. 

Just now, Bluespunk said:

Yeah, well, the Thais have no say in a Korean Americans choice as far as I'm concerned. 

Nationality isn't the same as ethnicity. 

Agreed...yet many Thais do not get it.  It is the impact of the possible discrimination and bias that may arise from this misguided ideology.

Thanks for the insight... It is just odd at times, my Asian American friends, are told by some Thais,  oh you're not really American...your from Asia..

On 3/2/2017 at 0:43 PM, LazySlipper said:

A transgender university student was brutally attacked and robbed near Chok Chai 4 Market in Bangkok this week by a man she met on WeChat app who “didn’t look like his photos.”

Shivers down my spine!!!!! A transgender IMHO is never a she but rather an it. Sorry... not a PC guy here...

Looking at another human being like s/he is an object, tells a lot about the self hatred you are dealing with on a daily basis. 

My heart goes out to you.

All jokes aside do any of you know what this app actually is?

Back in its inception in the tecchie labs of Tencent ( Shenzhen China) also perpetrators of QQ it virtually revolutionized the way of communication in the mainland and HK. Better by far than any farcebook or other social media debacles because it was convenient, instant and could access anything on the planet, and it still can. Free international calls, voice, vids, pay system, transfer international funds..

The lesson to learn is never share anything on it. The function known as 'moments' is private but what you share in 'groups' goes viral...and it is circles.

Back when this started a small group formed called CCJ ( China Circle Jerk) now they number in the hundreds. They are a WeChat police of sorts as the app has no privacy controls. Cyber crime as well as the useful functionability of the app took another twist. hundreds of stories in the media of people being stalked, set up, whatever you name it, it happens because there are no controls. All linked via a mobile number which is traced you may argue but how many simply have a throw away number.

I feel for the person in this story but there are thousands same, same.

Edited by Minnie the Minx

On Friday, March 03, 2017 at 0:01 AM, SiamBeast said:

Stop using "she".

The guy still didn't have the right to beat this person and treat this person like that. But it's a man who tried to fool someone.

You are right of course. Only the military are allowed to beat up on innocent people and then blame the deceased for being unable to withstand excessive levels of torture.

My guess would be that she was the one that was doing the misleading. The report only gives her version of events. I'm not saying that she deserved to be assaulted, of course not, but if she did mislead someone into meeting her by failing to reveal that she was once a man, shouldn't she at least be guilty of fraud? But what could the guy do? The cops aren't gonna be interested so In reality he could do nothing, so perhaps he decided to take matters into his own hands...  I'm certainly not condoning that, but I'm not buying her story of "He didn't look like his pics..."

Here's a true story of what happened to a buddy of mine, and I was with him during the build-up so I know how this went down. He's a single guy who uses all the apps to meet women - Badoo, WeChat, Tinder, as well as the local dating sites/apps such as dateinasia... thaifriendly etc... So this girl on Tinder said hi to him and so he checked out her profile, and for those who don't know, these sites are chock-full of LB's, many of whom do not say so in their profile but will usually mention it once you start chatting or possibly not until you arrange to meet them. As a result, apparently it is necessary to ask the question as soon as you start chatting with a girl and that question is not always well-received... "Why you ask if I am ladyboy??? You think I look like ladyboy???" that kinda thing. So this girl from the Philippines said hi and this was her profile:

58e28fa2946a6_LyingLBonTinder.jpg.c9b31592bc0a5137a68a30ba17b89f26.jpg

So he reads the text and it seems she is adamant she is a real lady, not an LB, and u'd better not ask the question or else she'll block you.... so he took her word for it and arranges to meets her. They go to a hotel and she apparently asks for the money up front, which he figured was maybe because she was from the Phils and not Thai... So he paid in advance and when they got naked she apparently had an appendage (albeit kinda shrivelled up from all the hormones she was taking) that he was not expecting to be there... Whatever happened next is anyone's guess but he certainly didn't assault her, and the following day he felt very upset about the deception that he had fallen victim to and the fact that there was essentially nothing he could do about it, other than report her to Tinder, who doubtless would've taken no action whatsoever.

So to Robblok, it does happen... Probably just that most people never get to hear about it.

Before every action you do, there is a question you must ask yourself: "What outcome do you expect this to generate?"

If you clearly write that you are a ladyboy, then you can expect a lot of people swiping left and ultimately finding one person who will accept.

If you clearly lie about it, then you can be expect to end up in a room alone with a VERY angry guy that is likely to hit you. Not advocating violence, but that doesn't mean that you can't prevent it.

Or, if you decide to be smart and accept your manhood, the outcome will be finding a wife, having a family, and living like any man in the world should do.

22 hours ago, jimmybkk said:

My guess would be that she was the one that was doing the misleading. The report only gives her version of events. I'm not saying that she deserved to be assaulted, of course not, but if she did mislead someone into meeting her by failing to reveal that she was once a man, shouldn't she at least be guilty of fraud? But what could the guy do? The cops aren't gonna be interested so In reality he could do nothing, so perhaps he decided to take matters into his own hands...  I'm certainly not condoning that, but I'm not buying her story of "He didn't look like his pics..."

Here's a true story of what happened to a buddy of mine, and I was with him during the build-up so I know how this went down. He's a single guy who uses all the apps to meet women - Badoo, WeChat, Tinder, as well as the local dating sites/apps such as dateinasia... thaifriendly etc... So this girl on Tinder said hi to him and so he checked out her profile, and for those who don't know, these sites are chock-full of LB's, many of whom do not say so in their profile but will usually mention it once you start chatting or possibly not until you arrange to meet them. As a result, apparently it is necessary to ask the question as soon as you start chatting with a girl and that question is not always well-received... "Why you ask if I am ladyboy??? You think I look like ladyboy???" that kinda thing. So this girl from the Philippines said hi and this was her profile:

58e28fa2946a6_LyingLBonTinder.jpg.c9b31592bc0a5137a68a30ba17b89f26.jpg

So he reads the text and it seems she is adamant she is a real lady, not an LB, and u'd better not ask the question or else she'll block you.... so he took her word for it and arranges to meets her. They go to a hotel and she apparently asks for the money up front, which he figured was maybe because she was from the Phils and not Thai... So he paid in advance and when they got naked she apparently had an appendage (albeit kinda shrivelled up from all the hormones she was taking) that he was not expecting to be there... Whatever happened next is anyone's guess but he certainly didn't assault her, and the following day he felt very upset about the deception that he had fallen victim to and the fact that there was essentially nothing he could do about it, other than report her to Tinder, who doubtless would've taken no action whatsoever.

So to Robblok, it does happen... Probably just that most people never get to hear about it.

Boo hoo, your friend used a dating app to find someone to pay for sex and got a LB. 

Sorry, but zero sympathy or concern here. 

Edited by Bluespunk

On 4/3/2017 at 7:57 PM, A1Str8 said:

Looking at another human being like s/he is an object, tells a lot about the self hatred you are dealing with on a daily basis. 

My heart goes out to you.

Thanks for the free psychoanalysis. I will be sure to do some soul searching tonight thanks to your expertise. 

BTW this thread is almost a month old. Which rock have you been hiding under? 

There are a number of TV folks who are sadly behind the times, and display a sad propensity for bigotry. Just really not an attractive quality.
This is the twenty first century. If you must harbor nineteenth century attitudes, then why not keep them to yourselves?
Thai people are much more accepting of transgender people it seems. If you cannot abide by the societal norms here, then why not go back to whatever barbaric backwater you hailed from originally?
I agree with the post about those who protest too much... often closet gays themselves. It is seen on a regular basis in the US where violently anti gay pastors and politicians are caught in flagrante delecto with a gay lover.
I feel very sorry for this young woman. 

21 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

There are a number of TV folks who are sadly behind the times, and display a sad propensity for bigotry. Just really not an attractive quality.
This is the twenty first century. If you must harbor nineteenth century attitudes, then why not keep them to yourselves?
Thai people are much more accepting of transgender people it seems. If you cannot abide by the societal norms here, then why not go back to whatever barbaric backwater you hailed from originally?
I agree with the post about those who protest too much... often closet gays themselves. It is seen on a regular basis in the US where violently anti gay pastors and politicians are caught in flagrante delecto with a gay lover.
I feel very sorry for this young woman. 

Dude, you are behind the times. This post is dying in spider webs. And... don't PM me anymore... debate things here out in the open. 

Edited by LazySlipper