Sattahip Blackouts

sattahip

On Tuesday power at Ban Amphur was out from about 9am to 5pm.

Today we have had another blackout  from 1pm to 8pm. To check the extent I drove from Ambassador to power off at Ocean Marina to the overhead walkway at Naval Base past Bang Saray and still no end in sight.

That is very extensive and rather long in duration when you consider food refridgeration.

Can anyone tell me what is going on? It must be something major

i was told a major transformer blew on Tuesday, resulting in Ban Amphur and Bang Saray areas being out. I am guessing the same yesterday; maybe they put a dodgey one in first time around! At least it was nice and quiet! :smile:

Edited by taichiplanet

I'm on the other side of Sukhumvit (the dark side ) just across from Ambassador hotel and we had no interruption of power at all,

from other power cuts it would seem that the 2 sides are on different power grids  as when we have lost power before (quite often in a storm)

I look across at the Movenpick Sail building and Ambassador and they still have all the lights on.

We had a very short power cut on Tuesday.  Some clocks reset, some didn't.  So obviously, it didn't last very long.

Wifey read in the news a transformer blew out near Sattahip.  Here near the Ambassador, no problems at all.  None at Ocean Marina either as we've been there off and on for the past few days.

• 2 months later...

Out again today, off at 10:00, back on and off, off at 17:00 to 21:00. The times seem too precise to be random! What's going on? Had to have a candlelight barbecue, no decent or even mediocre eateries open between Ban Amphur and Sattahip Navy Base!

Just had a very short half second loss here in Na-Jomtien,
Its a regular occurrence they often have to repair or replace damaged cables,transformers explode and lighting storms cause a lot of disruption too.

34 minutes ago, johng said:

Just had a very short half second loss here in Na-Jomtien,
Its a regular occurrence they often have to repair or replace damaged cables,transformers explode and lighting storms cause a lot of disruption too.

Well that is exactly how yesterday started out.  First thing was a momentary black out that lasted a minute or less.  Once the power came back on power fluctuated so much that water pumps would not work and maintain pressure.  That continued until around 5:30 when power went out completely

Went into Bang Saray for dinner and on the way could see that the power was spotty.  For instance,  the Water Park was fully lit and so was Home Pro yet the Nong Nooch sign was dark. Half of the lights on Suk were on.   In town electricity was on everywhere but in the middle of dinner around 7:30 everything went dark and the power was not restored until close to midnight