Anyone who extended their METV to 9 months, have(Q)

Note: Did not receive any reply's in METV folder. Move post here.

Hi.

Last year I received my first METV. Stayed in Thailand for 6 months, went to Cambodia for a month. Applied for a SETV in Phnom Penh and finished a 50 day stay in Thailand in December. I regularly go to Cambodia for a month during my SEA visit.

Will apply for a METV in April 2017.

This year, I have a slight back injury. Depending on how I feel after 6 months in Thailand I may want to just extend my visit to 9 months. As previously posted, I get a new 60 day when I enter on or before the enter before date.

(Q)

1. When your doing a second boarder run after 6 month stay, via agency or yourself (prior to entered date expires). Upon the second visa run, will you get questioned/hassled by immigration doing your 2nd one day in/out per year. Can they revoked your new 60 day.

2. Applying for your 3rd 30 day exemption after staying 8 months.

Can you be refused by immigration having 2+ 30 day extensions in one year?

I guess my concerned is, members taking advantage of using 9 months to stay, get any unwanted questioning from immigration? Or maybe some immigration officials not fully understanding how METV can be extended to 60 days each time you leave/return to Thailand.

TC

I assume you are asking what you should do to protect your final 60-day entry, received just before the visa expired. If you want to make a trip to Cambodia after the visa expired, but when most of the 60 days on your final entry is still remaining, you have the option of getting a re-entry permit to keep it intact. Should you not do this, the previous possession of an METV become irrelevant. You are then asking what the policies are on use of visa exempt entries at your chosen entry point.

7 hours ago, tomx2 said:

1. When your doing a second boarder run after 6 month stay, via agency or yourself (prior to entered date expires). Upon the second visa run, will you get questioned/hassled by immigration doing your 2nd one day in/out per year. Can they revoked your new 60 day.

2. Applying for your 3rd 30 day exemption after staying 8 months.

Can you be refused by immigration having 2+ 30 day extensions in one year?

I guess my concerned is, members taking advantage of using 9 months to stay, get any unwanted questioning from immigration? Or maybe some immigration officials not fully understanding how METV can be extended to 60 days each time you leave/return to Thailand.

1. Since you will have a valid visa for entry there will be no questions asked or problems when you enter the country. The only restrictions on entry is for visa exempt entries not if you have a valid visa for entry.

2. If want to to stay for an additional 30 days you can extend your last 60 day entry for 30 days at an immigration office.

After that you could get a 30 day visa exempt entry as long as you have not gotten 2 previously this year at at a land border crossing.

You are not extending your METV when you get a new 60 day entry. You are just using your visa to get a new entry. There is no limit on the number of entries you can get from the visa as long as you do it before the enter before date.

@BritTim On my final 2nd 60 day + 30, I will remember to do a 1 day in/out visa run before my visa expires to get a new 60 day. Thanks.

@ubonjoe

Just for my clarification, if I get stamped a new METV  on April 1, will my Enter Before Date be stamped September 1 or September 30. (For this exercise, just pretend every month has 30 days).

30+30+30 (1 day boarder run) 30+30+30 (1 day boarder run) (30+30+30) + (30 days visa exempt).

2 hours ago, tomx2 said:

@ubonjoe

Just for my clarification, if I get stamped a new METV  on April 1, will my Enter Before Date be stamped September 1 or September 30. (For this exercise, just pretend every month has 30 days).

30+30+30 (1 day boarder run) 30+30+30 (1 day boarder run) (30+30+30) + (30 days visa exempt).

I am not sure why you are using 30 + 30 +30.

t would be a 60 days for an entry from your visa plus a 30 day extension. Which is 60+30+60+30+60+30. Or it could be 60 + 60 + 60+ 60+ 30 with only an extension of the last entry. Then after all entries and extensions you could get a 30 day visa exempt entry plus a 30 day extension of it.

The METV is valid for 6 months from the date of issue. If issued on the 1st of April the enter before date would be September  30th.