US Attorney General Jeff Sessions quits Russia probe

webfact

Sen. Franken simply asks Sessions if there is any evidence of communications between the Trump Campaign and the Russian Government, what would he, as Attorney General, do about it?

Answer: "I did not have communications with the Russians" 

Offering up a defense for a question that was not asked of him... :blink:

Edited by iReason

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please stick to the topic and abide by forum rules.  Snowflakes is a term that can be construed as derogatory.  Please, use it with discretion and within our forum rules.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/nov/28/snowflake-insult-disdain-young-people

‘Poor little snowflake’ – the defining insult of 2016

Once again Rachel Maddow provides incredible leads that will have investigative journalists salivating. This is a MUST watch. Stick with it, you need the first 15 mins of preamble before she beautifully brings everything together with the type of conclusion that will have you choke a little on your cornflakes (i advise no eating from 15 mins on  also stay away from young children as you are likely to mouth some expletives under your breath ). This woman deserves an investigative journalist award for sure. She is the Trump administrations nemesis.

11 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Once again Rachel Maddow provides incredible leads that will have investigative journalists salivating. This is a MUST watch. Stick with it, you need the first 15 mins of preamble before she beautifully brings everything together with the type of conclusion that will have you choke a little on your cornflakes (i advise no eating from 15 mins on  also stay away from young children as you are likely to mouth some expletives under your breath ). This woman deserves an investigative journalist award for sure. She is the Trump administrations nemesis.

It is great!  Unfortunately it's 20 minutes beyond the attention span of many, but not a majority, of American voters.  No offense intended.  I'm just saying.......

Edited by ricklev

3 minutes ago, ricklev said:

It is great!  Unfortunately it's 20 minutes beyond the attention span of many, but not a majority, of American voters.  No offense intended........

I hope you have seen it already, as you posted only 8 mins after I did :biggrin:

18 hours ago, dunroaming said:

To be fair it was when Pence was governor of Indiana and not in his current role and on it's own it is very small beer. Just funny given how Trump (with a little help from his friends) made so much out of Clintons email issue.

You have made a fair point. I should have not limited my comment to Federal Officials; my comment applies to all government officials. Thanks.

29 minutes ago, ricklev said:

It is great!  Unfortunately it's 20 minutes beyond the attention span of many, but not a majority, of American voters.  No offense intended.  I'm just saying.......

Beside convincing those who hate Donald Trump to keep hating him, what does this prove? And yes, I did view from beginning to end. 

ps. For the record, I voted for neither Ms. Clinton nor Mr. Trump.

Edited by Ramen087

21 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

Beside convincing those who hate Donald Trump to keep hating him, what does this prove? And yes, I did view from beginning to end. 

ps. For the record, I voted for neither Ms. Clinton nor Mr. Trump.

It will ultimately prove that Trump is lying through his teeth when he claims he has no ties to Russia. The whole 'Russia' thing is what will lead to Trumps inevitable impeachment. It is not 'if' but 'when'.

2 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

It will ultimately prove that Trump is lying through his teeth when he claims he has no ties to Russia. The whole 'Russia' thing is what will lead to Trumps inevitable impeachment. It is not 'if' but 'when'.

"Inevitable impeachment"?  Time will indeed tell. 

2 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

Incredible.  Skip to 16:30 for the punch line.  It boggles the mind.  Wilbur Ross, the new commerce secretary, is the largest shareholder of a bank in Cyprus, which is the nexus of a billion dollar money laundering scheme from Russia.  With the guy who bought Trump's empty house for 100M.  60M more than what Trump paid 2 years before.  All via Ross' bank. 

Hmmm....another scandal in the making.  Thanks Donald.

18 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Incredible.  Skip to 16:30 for the punch line.  It boggles the mind.  Wilbur Ross, the new commerce secretary, is the largest shareholder of a bank in Cyprus, which is the nexus of a billion dollar money laundering scheme from Russia.  With the guy who bought Trump's empty house for 100M.  60M more than what Trump paid 2 years before.  All via Ross' bank. 

Get's a lot worse....

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/27/commerce-nominee-wilbur-ross-bank-of-cyprus-putin

30 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

'money laundering'?  justify that please

15 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Some background here:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article135001474.html

It seems Trump's election campaign and new cabinet has more connections with Russia than any President back to Reagan.

seems a lot of connections but what has all these vids to do with sessions dun u think we are offtopic

15 minutes ago, binjalin said:

seems a lot of connections but what has all these vids to do with sessions dun u think we are offtopic

IMHO, yes and no.  Off topic in that we're talking about other politicians.  On topic in that we're talking about connections to Russia.  These connections seem to be a common theme among the Trump people.

2 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

IMHO, yes and no.  Off topic in that we're talking about other politicians.  On topic in that we're talking about connections to Russia.  These connections seem to be a common theme among the Trump people.

it nothign to do with this guy session and that is what this thread is abiout 

1 hour ago, binjalin said:

What part of "Russia Probe" does not include all of these others who are clearly neck deep in the swamp? Why on earth would you object to the truth coming out? Might it make Donald look worse than he already does?

6 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Craig, there is more! You will like this one, only 5 mins BUT many more pieces of jigsaw being put on the table here. Back to the King of Fertiliser!  When it is all finally uncovered this will be a fascinating story I am sure. I wonder how DJT will get on in jail? This is what happens when you attack the press...........they attack back. This was aired a few days after the story above. MSNBC are keeping busy and progressing every day!

Edited by Andaman Al

If you haven't heard the name Rachel Maddow, then she's worth checking into on Youtube specials. She's always several steps ahead of politicians and other newscasters.  This applies, right now, to the Trump/Russia connections.   She takes some focus, because her dissertations are around 10 minutes, rather than the brief sound-bites that other newscasters (and Trump) put out.

She weaves a lot of interesting background data into her segments.   This latest one shows clearly; some of Trump's deep connections with VIP Russians.   The more she reports, the more entangled Trump and his goons are shown to be.  In a similar vein, a recent US Ambassador to Russia, didn't even mince words.  He said straight-out:  Russia had many connections with Trump's people during the campaign.  I predict Trump will be called up on money-laundering, among several other of his law-breaking activities.

I notice Ulysses hasn't piped into T.Visa discussions about Trump for several weeks.  He would often be the lone voice in a crowd, trying to justify the many things Trump lied about.  Did he see the light, or just get tired of being proven wrong so often?

added note:  I posted the above without reading the prior several posts.   I now see that money-laundering (allegations against Trump) was mentioned several times in recent hours within T.Visa, so I'm not the first to mention it in these posts.  Oh well, good to see so many people following breaking news.  

Trump is already in deep shit, and he's sinking deeper by the hour.  I'm going to have another brandy mixed with fruit juice to celebrate (note: for 40 years, I didn't drink any fermented sugar drinks.  Only started recently.  I figured: I got to have at least one vice, don't I?).

Edited by boomerangutang

7 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

If you haven't heard the name Rachel Maddow, then she's worth checking into on Youtube specials. She's always several steps ahead of politicians and other newscasters.  This applies, right now, to the Trump/Russia connections.   She takes some focus, because her dissertations are around 10 minutes, rather than the brief sound-bites that other newscasters (and Trump) put out.

She weaves a lot of interesting background data into her segments.   This latest one shows clearly; some of Trump's deep connections with VIP Russians.   The more she reports, the more entangled Trump and his goons are shown to be.  In a similar vein, a recent US Ambassador to Russia, didn't even mince words.  He said straight-out:  Russia had many connections with the Trump and  his insiders, during the campaign.  I predict Trump will be called up on money-laundering, among several other of his law-breaking activities.

I notice Ulysses hasn't piped into T.Visa discussions about Trump for several weeks.  He would often be the lone voice in a crowd, trying to justify the many things Trump lied about.  Did he see the light, or just get tired of being proven wrong so often?

I think Ulysses (a Chiang Mai resident like myself) probably got bored with the Dem spin and propaganda you guys are spurting out as am I  

History will decide

If there really was evidence of a Russia plotting with Trump, surely the Obama administration would have released the evidence a log time ago. And here's the reason why:

Trump, citing no evidence, accuses Obama of ‘Nixon/Watergate’ plot to wiretap Trump Tower

President Trump on Saturday angrily accused former president Barack Obama of orchestrating a “Nixon/Watergate” plot to tap the phones at his Trump Tower headquarters last fall in the run-up to the election.

Citing no evidence to support his explosive allegation, Trump said in a series of five tweets sent Saturday morning that Obama was “wire tapping” his New York offices before the election in a move he compared to McCarthyism. “Bad (or sick) guy!” he said of his predecessor, adding that the surveillance resulted in “nothing found.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/03/04/trump-accuses-obama-of-nixonwatergate-plot-to-wire-tap-trump-tower/?utm_term=.270ce676ed04

I've found the opposite of Donald Trump.   Trump is like a bratty little kid who tweets ridiculous tirades at all hours.  180 degree different is Ralph Nader, a knowledgeable, wise, caring individual who has a long history of doing tangible good things for people.

If in doubt, check out this recent Nader interview where he shreds Trump: 

53 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

I think Ulysses (a Chiang Mai resident like myself) probably got bored with the Dem spin and propaganda you guys are spurting out as am I . History will decide

I think you mean TRUTH.     Truth, in relation to harmful-to-America dufuses in the White House.   What does Chiang Mai have to do with it?  I'm sure there are many reasonable farang residing in Chiang Mai, who can tell the difference between shit and Shinola (a brand of boot polish from your grandpa's time).

26 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

If there really was evidence of a Russia plotting with Trump, surely the Obama administration would have released the evidence a log time ago. And here's the reason why:

Trump, citing no evidence, accuses Obama of ‘Nixon/Watergate’ plot to wiretap Trump Tower

President Trump on Saturday angrily accused former president Barack Obama of orchestrating a “Nixon/Watergate” plot to tap the phones at his Trump Tower headquarters last fall in the run-up to the election.

Citing no evidence to support his explosive allegation, Trump said in a series of five tweets sent Saturday morning that Obama was “wire tapping” his New York offices before the election in a move he compared to McCarthyism. “Bad (or sick) guy!” he said of his predecessor, adding that the surveillance resulted in “nothing found.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/03/04/trump-accuses-obama-of-nixonwatergate-plot-to-wire-tap-trump-tower/?utm_term=.270ce676ed04

Keep it going, Trump, you stupid dufus.  You have zero credence.  ZERO.  Here, I'll hand you a bigger shovel so you can dig yourself deeper in the bullshit.

I strongly suggest that members stop bickering and baiting.   Stay on topic or face a suspension.   The topic is about Jeff Sessions.  

Some, but not all, off-topic posts have been removed.  

7 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

7 hours ago, binjalin said:

Well since The US Attorney General is now recused from investigating his own links to Russia one assumes he ain't going to be looking under Donald's bed anytime soon. In short he is a dead duck within one month of being appointed. Nice work son!