US Attorney General Jeff Sessions quits Russia probe

webfact

Why is Sessions still able to draw a salary?  He lied under oath to Congress and the American people.

It brings to mind one of The Divider's many stupid statements:  "I know the best people. I'll appoint the best people, believe me."

Or another gem; "I only win. We're going to win so much, you're going to get tired of winning!"

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Why is Sessions still able to draw a salary?  He lied under oath to Congress and the American people.

It brings to mind one of The Divider's many stupid statements:  "I know the best people. I'll appoint the best people, believe me."

Or another gem; "I only win. We're going to win so much, you're going to get tired of winning!"

And some fell for this BS.  Still do.

Sessions has not been proven guilty of anything yet.  Under investigation, yes, but not guilty yet.  That's one good thing about the US judicial process.  You are innocent until proven guilty.  Though for many in Trump's cabinet, the hammer seems about to fall.

22 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

And some fell for this BS.  Still do.

Sessions has not been proven guilty of anything yet.  Under investigation, yes, but not guilty yet.  That's one good thing about the US judicial process.  You are innocent until proven guilty.  Though for many in Trump's cabinet, the hammer seems about to fall.

luckily none of it will rely on tvf posters and hopefully the truth will out soon 

On 04/03/2017 at 11:26 AM, Ramen087 said:

Beside convincing those who hate Donald Trump to keep hating him, what does this prove? And yes, I did view from beginning to end. 

ps. For the record, I voted for neither Ms. Clinton nor Mr. Trump.

Watch It again

2 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

Apology accepted; thank you.  I have seen it more than once. I agree the actions are less than optimal. But I see no illegality nor cause for impeachment, as many have asserted. If a person were anti-Trump, you're in heaven (I guess) viewing this.  It's well know Trump was a businessman with global contacts.  The minutiae of what will make an impeachment attempt worthwhile is for lawyers.  Unless a person is totally wrapped up in the 'by any means necessary' crew, you're likely to not give a toss.

According to the reports, his campaign staff was in repeated contact with Russian intelligence officials.  What sort of business is that?  Monkey business?

11 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

According to the reports, his campaign staff was in repeated contact with Russian intelligence officials.  What sort of business is that?  Monkey business?

As previously stated, it'll likely be up to the lawyers, if it gets that far.

10 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

Apology accepted; thank you.  I have seen it more than once. I agree the actions are less than optimal. But I see no illegality nor cause for impeachment, as many have asserted. If a person were anti-Trump, you're in heaven (I guess) viewing this.  It's well know Trump was a businessman with global contacts.  The minutiae of what will make an impeachment attempt worthwhile is for lawyers.  Unless a person is totally wrapped up in the 'by any means necessary' crew, you're likely to not give a toss.

Exactly!

To the vast majority of the world (not to mention half of Americans) watching the progress of the newly elected President of the United States being thwarted at every step by the 'any means necessary' crowd it has become tiresome.

8 minutes ago, KhunOr said:

Exactly!

To the vast majority of the world (not to mention half of Americans) watching the progress of the newly elected President of the United States being thwarted at every step by the 'any means necessary' crowd it has become tiresome.

So you are maintaining that Trump's program is overwhelmingly popular worldwide?  Really?

1 minute ago, Ramen087 said:

I would not presume to know what the vast majority of the world knows or feels... I just offered my two cents.  I do recall the Trump comments about Obama... what's your point?

The point being that it's massively hypocritical for Trump to be claiming he's the target of unfair media attention especially when the current media attention is based on solid reporting whereas his nonsense was based on nothing but bigotry.

And where's your evidence for criticism of trump being so unpopular?  

Here's something to think about:

Poll: Majority finds Trump 'embarrassing'

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/320922-poll-trump-gets-41-percent-job-approval-rating

1 hour ago, Ramen087 said:

Apology accepted; thank you.  I have seen it more than once. I agree the actions are less than optimal. But I see no illegality nor cause for impeachment, as many have asserted. If a person were anti-Trump, you're in heaven (I guess) viewing this.  It's well known Trump was a businessman with global contacts.  The minutiae of what will make an impeachment attempt worthwhile is for lawyers.  Unless a person is totally wrapped up in the 'by any means necessary' crew, you're likely to not give a toss.

You miss the point. By accepting an unexplained over valuation, has Trump exposed himself to pressure from another state. Why would there be a over payment of 55M without some quid pro quo. Do you honestly believe such dealings are acceptable for the POTUS?

54 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

As previously stated, it'll likely be up to the lawyers, if it gets that far.

So you don't believe in people doing the honourable thing? You know, resigning to avoid embarrassment and bringing America into disrepute

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

So you don't believe in people doing the honourable thing? You know, resigning to avoid embarrassment and bringing America into disrepute

If I believe in it, will it change anyone's behaviour?  The only time resignation happen is when it mitigates a greater loss.  I don't see honor being a consideration in a high stakes political or business environment. 

Edited by Ramen087

6 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

I believe deals like this have been, can and will be made by men who are power players.  It's not what is known, it's what can be proved.    

And that is where you and I differ

You seem to have no idea of morality and that is sad

You do realise that American justice is the best that money can buy?

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Quite judgmental of you to claim I have no idea of morality. I simply asserted that in high stakes biz & political climates honor is not a consideration in resignations. That is, in my view, the reality of the situation.  Also...If justice can be bought, how can you be sure justice has rightfully been served? or that it is actually justice?

7 minutes ago, Grouse said:

http://www.margaretthatcher.org/document/104911

The attached contains Lord Carrington's letter of resignation. He didn't have to resign, he felt it was the HONOURABLE thing to do. We seem to have lost much of that in the UK; have you ever had it?

To quote Come Carpentier De Gourdon:

"Many top politicians in America are notoriously bought and paid for by either private interests not committed to the country’s welfare or by foreign governments, “friendly” or not. The Clintons have long benefited from huge contributions made to them, directly or indirectly by oil-producing and other countries, and the Zionist lobby controlled by Israel is well known for bankrolling a large number of senators and congressmen.

China, among other states, is also generously and regularly funding influential US (and European) statesmen and bureaucrats. The globalisation of the American empire has, as a corollary, the increasing internationalisation of the US political system, which is infiltrated and pulled hither and thither by anonymous and not-so-hidden foreign puppet masters.

The real question is not so much whether Trump is his own man or is under obligation to President Vladimir Putin, but rather how he is going to tackle the massive challenge he is facing from a rival gang, whose leaders are both Republicans and Democrats, joined by common interests and paymasters."

5 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

Quite judgmental of you to claim I have no idea of morality. I simply asserted that in high stakes biz & political climates honor is not a consideration in resignations. That is, in my view, the reality of the situation.  Also...If justice can be bought, how can you be sure justice has rightfully been served? or that it is actually justice?

I am reacting to your statements

You seem to assert that anything goes unless it can be proved to be wrong. Where is the morality? The honour?

I do not think Trump is either honourable or moral and is therefore unsuitable to be POTUS. I have never felt this way about previous presidents even though I disliked their policies.

Edited by Grouse

I believe in US politics and business at the high stakes level it (honor, above board behaviour, whatever you might call it) is missing. What could be construed as legal will always win out over what is ethical at the highest stakes level.

Edited by Ramen087

7 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I do not think Trump is either honourable or moral and is therefore unsuitable to be POTUS. I have never felt this way about previous presidents even though I disliked their policies.

It is obvious you want Trump out.  So what?

Just now, Ramen087 said:

It is obvious you want Trump out.  So what?

Support investigative journalism

Make congressmen realise that they are likely to lose their seats if they continue to turn a blind eye to Trumps antics 

Do the right thing ?

43 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

The point being that it's massively hypocritical for Trump to be claiming he's the target of unfair media attention especially when the current media attention is based on solid reporting whereas his nonsense was based on nothing but bigotry.

And where's your evidence for criticism of trump being so unpopular?  

Here's something to think about:

Poll: Majority finds Trump 'embarrassing'

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/320922-poll-trump-gets-41-percent-job-approval-rating

put it with the other Polls - the other day 78% found Trumps Congress speech inspiring and during the election the Polls pointed to a huge defeat so your HUGE FONT polls point is of no relevance

lets wait for an investigation

Just now, Grouse said:

Make congressmen realise that they are likely to lose their seats if they continue to turn a blind eye to Trumps antics 

Do the right thing ?

Support Investigative Journalism

wait until an investigation  :smile:

4 minutes ago, binjalin said:

Support Investigative Journalism

wait until an investigation  :smile:

There will never be a formal investigation until it is forced as a result of investigative journalism or whistle blowing

4 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Do the right thing ?

Support investigative journalism?  It was the previous administration that investigated reporters who were looking into their actions as government officials, which included reading person and professional emails.  

Were you as upset then as you are now?

Remember, the rights and actions you support either through speaking or remaining silent when your preferred candidate holds the highest office will apply to his successor, even if you think your candidate's successor should not hold the office.

Just now, Grouse said:

There will never be a formal investigation until it is forced as a result of investigative journalism or whistle blowing

Let's go for it. Did you see my Rubio link?  hope more info comes out soon

1 minute ago, Ramen087 said:

Support investigative journalism?  It was the previous administration that investigated reporters who were looking into their actions as government officials, which included reading person and professional emails.  

Were you as upset then as you are now?

Remember, the rights and actions you support either through speaking or remaining silent when your preferred candidate holds the highest office will apply to his successor, even if you think your candidate's successor should not hold the office.

I don't agree with breaking the law. Investigative journalism should be as thorough as possible without breaking the law.

However, you are side stepping the main issue. If Trump or Sessions or anyone else had done something immoral or risks bringing the country into disrepute they should step down; it is the honourable thing to do. 

In in many ways this is circular, if people are not honourable, they are unfit and should step down ?