Thai Transport fines 18 Uber Taxi drivers in a single day

webfact

On 3/7/2017 at 1:20 PM, webfact said:

He said the agency must try to make Thais understand that if any accident happened, a customer would receive less protection under the law.

Who do they think they are dealing with?
3 year old toddlers?
What protection has any Thai got ever under the law in the case of an accident with a taxi?
Incredible that such people can held a carreer at top level.

As long as UBEER actually pays the fines , as have been stated before ,  I don't see how they can stop it .  UBER will always be there , 2000 baht fines is not enough . 

9 hours ago, balo said:

As long as UBEER actually pays the fines , as have been stated before ,  I don't see how they can stop it .  UBER will always be there , 2000 baht fines is not enough . 

If they can use section 44 to make all the internet providers in Thailand block the uber servers... AIS, True, DTAC, 3bb, TOT, etc.. Then it's over unless Uber keeps switching their server IP's etc.

On 08/03/2017 at 10:46 AM, Happyman58 said:

Ok anybody taken a taxi in Australia They are way over the top for what they charge. The government there also is not letting uber drivers operate but is some states they do  Depends how much the taxi drivers donate to the Liberal government there to keep the uber drivers out. Is that corruption you think ?Maybe that is happening here also. But you are right I went with a taxi here the other day Wow he did frighten to living daylights out of me the way he drove I have also been with a Uber driver they tend to drive more careful because they own the car I was very happy the way he drove.My question is Why are they not allowed to operate when most of the taxi drivers i have been with have no license also?

BS. I drive cabs part-time in Brisbane, and my licence number is my log-in ID. As 90% of work is via the computer, working without a valid log in would be a waste of time. A suspended, cancelled or expired licence will not be accepted. A photo plate with the licence number must be displayed at all times, and to get that licence I had to undergo, and pay for, medical criminal and driving history checks.

Next time you get a Uber, ask him if his vehicle is registered as a commercial vehicle carrying passengers for fare. Because that is the basis for his TPPI insurance, which covers injuries to you in an accident. Hopefully his underpaid insurance would still cover you, or you may well be relying on a lawsuit against somebody with few assets.

5 minutes ago, halloween said:

BS. I drive cabs part-time in Brisbane, and my licence number is my log-in ID. As 90% of work is via the computer, working without a valid log in would be a waste of time. A suspended, cancelled or expired licence will not be accepted. A photo plate with the licence number must be displayed at all times, and to get that licence I had to undergo, and pay for, medical criminal and driving history checks.

Next time you get a Uber, ask him if his vehicle is registered as a commercial vehicle carrying passengers for fare. Because that is the basis for his TPPI insurance, which covers injuries to you in an accident. Hopefully his underpaid insurance would still cover you, or you may well be relying on a lawsuit against somebody with few assets.

Ok BS Back Mate I was talking about the taxi drivers here Not the ones In Australia I know they have to have a  license to drive a cab in Australia but not here ok Calm down mate and read carefully ok I know what you have to do to get because i drove a taxi for a year also  Only problem with cabs in Australia they are pricing themselves  out of the market That is why Uber are moving in . But that not your fault you only drive for wages its the companies that own the cabs that are making the bucks