Mazda Thailand have announced recalls on five models that have faulty airbag parts

webfact

Mazda Thailand have announced recalls on five models that have faulty airbag parts

3am.jpg

Image: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- Letters have been sent to customers to have them take their cars in for servicing as soon as possible.

The main vehicle affected by the recall is the popular Mazda 2 that needs checks on the front passenger airbag for all models produced from 2009 - 2014.

Some 101,436 cars are affected.

Other models are:

Sport RX 8 2004-2007 models 20 cars (Passenger and driver airbags)

Mazda 6 2007 models 4 cars (Passenger and driver airbags)

CX9 2007-2012 models 126 cars (Passenger side only)

BT50 pick up 2006-2011 models 710 cars (Passenger and driver airbags)

Mazda can be contacted online at www.mazda.co.th/vincheck. Or Bangkok customers can call 02 664 4888 or for upcountry customers 1-800-226-408.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-08

2 hours ago, Foexie said:

More airbags from Takata ???

If so how can that company keep going on? Last years they already had millions of bad airbags sold to many manufacturers.

My concern is why it took so long to replace the stuff.

Models going back to 2006!

Thailand last in the food chain after BMW etc.?

From an article in German language of Feb 2017:

There is suspicion that car manufacturers were aware of the risk ( Toyota, Ford, Honda, Nissan, BMW). And Mazda?

Millions of airbags still have not been replaced.

2 hours ago, Foexie said:

If so how can that company keep going on? Last years they already had millions of bad airbags sold to many manufacturers.

Go figure I think they made a settlement dollar wise on their case and the stock jumped in Japan. Actually I think they should have declared bankruptcy as no one will trust them ever again. Same with VW after the huge scandal they managed to overtake Toyota as the number one car brand in sales. I gave up trying to figure out my fellow man years ago. 

2 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Actually I think they should have declared bankruptcy as no one will trust them ever again

Fully agree.

They faked test reports to cover the problem.

Criminals!

On 3/8/2017 at 1:08 PM, Foexie said:

The motor manufacturers cannot do without them take their market share out there's nobody to replace them drastic cutback in production waiting lists for new vehicles due to supply and demand, TV MF filled with postings about not being able to go into a showroom and being able to get a reasonable delivery date:whistling:

9 hours ago, ChesneyHawkes said:

There will be more Takata issues in the future. Even the recent Civic is using them because otherwise they wouldn't be able to sell any cars. The issue appears after a period of time so they're just gonna have to recall all these cars down the road.

I would presume that the issues have been solved.