Missing Russian tourist - authorities turn to Koh Tao fortune tellers

webfact

Has it yet been confirmed that she is actually missing, other than by a bloke in a pub?

All the guff seen to date has stirred up a media frenzy but I have yet to see anything directly linking her family, Embassy or Interplod ('the usual channels') to any of it.

Truth will emerge shortly either way...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unbelievable, remember the real suspects in Sept 2014 murders of two UK backpackers( not the framed Burmese boys) so, go and ask them they know where the Russian beauty is: my guess is 6 feet under filled with DNA evidence and never will be found so RIP.

8 hours ago, Thechook said:

Come on, are you serious, fortune tellers to solve a case?

I rather agree with them. I butchered a chicken and read its entrails and they told me that the weather was bad that day and she liked snorkeling etc. and of course at 22  she was invincible. Life is always full of near misses and well if you let your guard down the grim reaper is waiting. I think she will wash up in days to come or the fish got her. Sad. 

15 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

I rather agree with them. I butchered a chicken and read its entrails and they told me that the weather was bad that day and she liked snorkeling etc. and of course at 22  she was invincible. Life is always full of near misses and well if you let your guard down the grim reaper is waiting. I think she will wash up in days to come or the fish got her. Sad. 

An experienced snorkeler doesn't often die a few metres from the shore, even if the conditions were pretty bad.

21 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

An experienced snorkeler doesn't often die a few metres from the shore, even if the conditions were pretty bad.

At 22 your at the living dangerously age. Sorry I did not mention a few metres from shore. 

11 hours ago, Thechook said:

Come on, are you serious, fortune tellers to solve a case?

I wonder if they got paid.

i looked at my crystal balls and came up with the same independent prognosis... but no work permit, damnit!

shes feeding the fishies.... hope the family don't get fined

4 hours ago, evadgib said:

Has it yet been confirmed that she is actually missing, other than by a bloke in a pub?

All the guff seen to date has stirred up a media frenzy but I have yet to see anything directly linking her family, Embassy or Interplod ('the usual channels') to any of it.

Truth will emerge shortly either way...

Several posts include the fact that relatives have been in contact with police.... it was also mentioned in the previous thread (sergey bugsin.... a relative...)

google verifies this. 

43 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Mate....

:cheesy:

i hope your not suggesting that the "fortune tellers" are perpetrating a scam!

Bet they are also advising Burmese clients to to leave the island for a few days...

7 hours ago, Basil B said:

Bet they are also advising Burmese clients to to leave the island for a few days...

bet there is also a burmese roti seller will be soon promoted to the grade of interprator / rtp inspector / post mortem investigator .... 

23 hours ago, smedly said:

I wonder if they are using the same ones that possibly allowed the headmans brother Mon to figure out that a hoe missing from the beach on the morning of 15 September 2014 was in fact a murder weapon - that was some real astounding detective work if he just somehow figured it out all by himself

don't forget the key point I am making here, the hoe (supposed murder weapon) was not on the beach on that morning yet Mon not only knew to go looking for it but also knew the hoe was the murder weapon even though it was nowhere to be seen and had been removed earlier by the gardener/handy man who is also now nowhere to be seen along with another key player  - the roti seller

How exactly did the headmans brother Mon (manager of AAC bar where the victims were last seen and owner of the resort where they were staying)  know that the missing hoe had anything to do with Hannahs murder..........................must have been like in this case  - a fortune teller that was around at the time 

what is going on with Koh Tao

More than 3 weeks pass since the woman goes missing before they consult the fortune tellers??!! That is absolutely ridiculous!! It should have been the FIRST thing that they did -- not alone, but along with other tried and tested methods to find a missing person, such as reading tea leaves, palm reading (assuming that they have a palm to read), and playing a good game of Clue ("the butler did it in the library"). When is Thailand going to move into the 21st Century, along with the African countries engaging in witch craft and voodoo! I have a blind Cocker Spaniel with an amazing sense of smell that they may use if they are serious about finding this women.....

I seem to remember in the previous high profile tourist case the victims were attacked / raped and then killed on the beach early in the morning. 

Has no one stopped to consider that the case bears quite striking simlarities

19 minutes ago, Thailaw said:

More than 3 weeks pass since the woman goes missing before they consult the fortune tellers??!! That is absolutely ridiculous!! It should have been the FIRST thing that they did -- not alone, but along with other tried and tested methods to find a missing person, such as reading tea leaves, palm reading (assuming that they have a palm to read), and playing a good game of Clue ("the butler did it in the library"). When is Thailand going to move into the 21st Century, along with the African countries engaging in witch craft and voodoo! I have a blind Cocker Spaniel with an amazing sense of smell that they may use if they are serious about finding this women.....

Can the cocker spaniel swim?

12 minutes ago, jonclark said:

I seem to remember in the previous high profile tourist case the victims were attacked / raped and then killed on the beach early in the morning. 

Has no one stopped to consider that the case bears quite striking simlarities

Yep.... nearly everyone, but the cops are having problems finding any Burmese.

On 08/03/2017 at 8:38 AM, dinsdale said:

Says a lot about this country. Two Burmese scapegoats on death row from dodgy evidence in a country where the police turn to fortune tellers to solve a case for them. :WPFflags:

And the young Frenchman who hung himself on Koh Tao, with his hands tied behind his back !

I have skipped a page so please forgive me if I am duplicating another post .  The missing lady has friends who are monitoring this forum , besides others .  These are desperate times for her family and friends and so I think there should be more discretion used  regarding conjecture based on little evidence  and also the inclusion of emotion characters .  This is not a time to to scoff at the Thai judicial system and it is insensitive to all involved and those who are close to her . This is a living nightmare for her family and unless there are sympathetic or informative posts they should not be published . I am all for freedom of speech and speculation but I think we all know when to back off out of respect . 

27 minutes ago, superal said:

I have skipped a page so please forgive me if I am duplicating another post .  The missing lady has friends who are monitoring this forum , besides others .  These are desperate times for her family and friends and so I think there should be more discretion used  regarding conjecture based on little evidence  and also the inclusion of emotion characters .  This is not a time to to scoff at the Thai judicial system and it is insensitive to all involved and those who are close to her . This is a living nightmare for her family and unless there are sympathetic or informative posts they should not be published . I am all for freedom of speech and speculation but I think we all know when to back off out of respect . 

Indeed desperate times for relatives.

with respect, we are not so much scoffing at the "authorities" as outright condemning them for their inactions and incompetence in dealing with these sorts of issues.

in doing so, often we wish to hilight the fact that the "authorities" need a kick in the pants, to prevent a reoccurrence.... this can only really be done by hoping that their (authorities) ineptness is revealed to the world, such that they become proactive, instead of reactive... or god forbid, resort to consulting fortune tellers, so find the truth

Archived