Heineken cracks open a new local beer production facility

geovalin

Cambodia Brewery Ltd (CBL), a wholly owned subsidiary of Heineken Asia-Pacific, inaugurated its second brewery plant on the eastern outskirts of the capital yesterday, tripling its beer production capacity and opening a new line to produce its Dutch parent company’s flagship lager, Heineken.

CBL invested $100 million into the new facility, which will allow it to expand production of its existing beer brands including Tiger, ABC, Anchor and Crown and add Heineken.

The new plant will enlarge production capacity to about 100,000 cases per day, or 3 million hectolitres per year more than triple the company’s existing capacity.

read more http://www.phnompenhpost.com/business/heineken-cracks-open-new-local-beer-production-facility

phnom_penh_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phenom Pen Post 08/03

The beer companies will not come to Thailand anymore the last one got cheated  ( I think it was Cars berg ) Now it's called chang beer.

And I'm sure that is not the only one that got robbed of they're money and technology. Keep up your good work 

22 minutes ago, alant said:

well it does look like the Thai government discourages the  alcohol industry

Your statement implies production is moving from Thailand to Cambodia.

This is not the case. Importing and exporting alcohol between countries in ASEAN is difficult and subject to trade barriers and tariffs.

The Cambodia Brewery will not be exporting to the Thai market.

Heineken has a long-standing joint venture in Thailand called Thai Asia Pacific Brewery. It brews Heineken and a number of other beers under licence as well as producing a cheaper alternative, Cheers, for the mass market in Thailand.

As Cambodia's economy develops, it starts to attract brands for consumers with more money to spend.

19 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Your statement implies production is moving from Thailand to Cambodia.

This is not the case. Importing and exporting alcohol between countries in ASEAN is difficult and subject to trade barriers and tariffs.

The Cambodia Brewery will not be exporting to the Thai market.

Heineken has a long-standing joint venture in Thailand called Thai Asia Pacific Brewery. It brews Heineken and a number of other beers under licence as well as producing a cheaper alternative, Cheers, for the mass market in Thailand.

As Cambodia's economy develops, it starts to attract brands for consumers with more money to spend.

I suppose my statement does look like it implies the move of production, sorry. 

Thanks for letting me know that this plant would be for domestic consumption only, sensible really, no point in shipping water.

Thanks also for updating me on ASEAN and the tariffs being applied. I recall many years ago the expressions of joy as the nontariff for alcohol was supposed to happen and many were looking forward to cheaper beer Lao. The beer didn't get cheaper and now I know why.

I still can find no reason for ASEAN other than government sponsored jollies.