Olympic boxers lucky after accident at bend in Ratchaburi

webfact

Olympic boxers lucky after accident at bend in Ratchaburi

5pm.jpg

Picture: Thai News Agency

RATCHABURI: -- Two famous Thai boxers who won medals at the Olympics in 2004 crashed in their van in Ratchaburi yesterday. But thankfully they were both unhurt.

Woraphot Petchkhum, 36, who was driving and passenger Suriya Prasathinphimai, 37, failed to negotiate a bend in the road in the

Khu Bua sub-district, Thai News Agency reported.

The pair were on their way back to Bangkok after an army boxing meet in Ratchaburi.

Woraphot said that his Toyota Alphard's GPS system took him to a road he was unfamiliar with and it was getting dark too.

The red plate vehicle ended up on its side narrowly missing several tamarind trees. The insurance company towed the pugilists back home to Bangkok.

Woraphot won silver at the 2004 Olympics in Athens, Greece, while Suriya won a bronze. Both boxers won gold at the Asian games.

Source: Thai News Agency

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-08

" Woraphot Petchkhum, 36, who was driving and passenger Suriya Prasathinphimai, 37, failed to negotiate a bend in the road in the road..."

this car has two steering wheels?

" Woraphot said that his Toyota Alphard's GPS system took him to a road he was unfamiliar with and it was getting dark too."

wow three things to blame in one accident!

GPS, the road, and the sun in the sky.

the though of slowing down never really entered into the equation?

Edited by NCC1701A

I recall driving thru there many years ago.

The outside lane was worse than a clay/dirt road, yet the inside lane was smooth as silk, so I drove on the inside lane.

RIGHT AT the end of that bad patch of pavement/roadway, a cop ran out in the road in front of me.

200 baht for driving in the lane where my teeth wouldn't get rattled out of my head.

Woraphot said that his Toyota Alphard's GPS system took him to a road he was unfamiliar with and it was getting dark too. It's always something or somebody else's  fault ,

regards worgeordie

"Woraphot said that his Toyota Alphard's GPS system took him to a road he was unfamiliar with and it was getting dark too."

If the GPS mistakingly points you towards a cliff, you will drive off it? Idiotic Thai-style excuses. Just slow the hell down if the road is unfamiliar. And, if you were really following the GPS, you'd know from the digital map that there is a bend ahead.