VFS Bangkok...

A Couple of questions I Need answers to......

1, Their Phone Number in Bangkok ??

2, How Long D'Ya Reckon I Should book appointment ( In Advance ) to RENEW My British Passport ??

3, Can I Pay the Fees on my U.K Debit Card ??

Any Help would be appreciated ..........Thanks..

I'm not sure they have a phone number, they certainly don't publish it on their website.

i booked my appointment 3 weeks in advance and it was fine, remember you give then 3 dates, I gave my dates a week apart and they gave me the first one.

your U.K. Debit card should work fine.

UK Visa Information - Thailand - Home Page - Vfsglobal.co.uk

www.vfsglobal.co.uk/thailand/
VFS Global manages visa application centre for UK Visas and Immigration in Thailand where you submit your completed visa application form, supporting ...

1 hour ago, Lamkyong said:

UK Visa Information - Thailand - Home Page - Vfsglobal.co.uk

www.vfsglobal.co.uk/thailand/
VFS Global manages visa application centre for UK Visas and Immigration in Thailand where you submit your completed visa application form, supporting ...

Very handy for a passport application.

47 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

yes also for the address /number detail  as per op request

You won't get them on the phone; all phone contacts are for the UK.

In any event phone contact is unnecessary as the links provided give comprehensive information about the process (there are also numerous threads on Thai Visa about sundry issues such as evidence of address).

Don't leave renewal too long - HMPO will 'credit' up to 9 months unexpired term on the new passport.

Download the card authority, you will see that the debit card is fine.

After doing a " Border run " on March 7th & Re-Entering into Thailand the same day, I'm now stamped in until June 4th,I Have now got 3 Empty pages in my passport,My Non-Imm " O " Expires on June 6th,So SHOULD I Do another border run Say June 2nd & return SAME Day which will take 2 of the pages up but give me a further 90 days,Or Should I Apply for my NEW Passport before THIS 90 Days Expire,  Or go to Savanakhet & get another New Non-Imm " O " & Later get it transferred to the NEW Passport at TI......Just to make it clear my CURRENT Passport is GOOD Until 2021.....

The VFS Helpline is 02118 7100 or +662 118 7100 if ringing from overseas. It might take a while, but someone will answer the phone.

VFS will only accept Credit Cards or Cash.

They will not accept Debit Cards. I found out the hard way and had to pay THB 193 K in cash, as I only had several Debit Cards.

19 minutes ago, Northpoint said:

The VFS Helpline is 02118 7100 or +662 118 7100 if ringing from overseas. It might take a while, but someone will answer the phone.

They will not accept Debit Cards. I found out the hard way and had to pay THB 193 K in cash, as I only had several Debit Cards.

For a new passport you can not pay in cash, and they do accept debit cards for a new U.K. Passport, not sure what you paid 193 k for but it certainly was not a new passport which the op was requesting about.

Edited by Doiger

1 minute ago, Doiger said:

For a new passport you can not pay in cash, and they do accept debit cards, not sure what you paid 193 k for but it certainly was not a new passport which the op was requesting about.

The THB 193 K was the application fee for a partner visa for my wife to migrate to Australia. I would have saved a fair bit of money if I could have paid in Aussie $ with an Aussie Credit Card.

It must be acceptable then to pay with a Debit Card for a new passport. Cheers.

2 hours ago, Northpoint said:

1 hour ago, Northpoint said:

The THB 193 K was the application fee for a partner visa for my wife to migrate to Australia. I would have saved a fair bit of money if I could have paid in Aussie $ with an Aussie Credit Card.

It must be acceptable then to pay with a Debit Card for a new passport. Cheers.

I appreciate that you are trying to be helpful; but as this topic is about applying for a British passport, the contact information for the VFS office which deals with Australian visa application and the rules for Australian visa applications are totally irrelevant!

VFS are handling agents who act for many governments throughout the world. What they can and can't do is up to their client, not them. Including contact and enquiry methods and in which forms payment of fees will be accepted.

The VFS office which acts for the UK do not answer enquiries; as Jip99 said

8 hours ago, Jip99 said:

You won't get them on the phone; all phone contacts are for the UK

HMPO accept passport application fees payment by credit or debit card.

UKVI also accept payment of UK visa fees by credit or debit card. As these are paid direct to UKVI as part of the online application process, VFS are not involved at all, they do not collect any money from UK visa applicants.

Unless applicants want to take advantage of one or more of the user pay services offered by VFS.

• Like 2