Soldiers and transport officials arresting illegal minivans in Pattaya

webfact

Soldiers and transport officials arresting illegal minivans in Pattaya

AA.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News

PATTAYA: -- Soldiers and Land Transport department officials were out in force yesterday arresting illegal minivan operators outside Central Marina in North Pattaya.

In a sting operation one minivan operator called Phayap Wangcharoen, 34, had to pay up to the tune of 2,000 baht for operating without a proper license, Pattaya News reported.

Another called Bunmark Thongloi, 52, was found to be operating a van that had irregularities in its registration paperwork. He was fined 1,000 baht.

Both vehicles were confiscated for three days.

The inspectors then moved on to Beach Road to make sure that taxis were stopping to pick up passengers in the designated areas.

No law breaking was found in this regard, reported Pattaya News.

Source: Pattaya News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-09

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Yeah, and while you're at it, arrest those mafia taxi drivers who refuses

to put the meter on and will not budge for fares less

than few hundreds of baht for a short drive.....

The fact that they ignore this tells you everything - namely nothing has changed here. Money and Influence still hold sway.

They should just torch the minivans as a warning to others. 2000/1000 baht fine is useless.

Do you think that the Drivers paid for they own money 1000/2000? Sooner or later, they will recover more money from the tourists and end out they have no loss but still making money.

This kind of issue will never come to the end

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

41 minutes ago, Anthony Loh said:

Do you think that the Drivers paid for they own money 1000/2000? Sooner or later, they will recover more money from the tourists and end out they have no loss but still making money.

This kind of issue will never come to the end

Difficult to get money from the tourists when the van is a burnt out wreck, do you not think ?

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Wow big fines, thats the way , you show them you are serious about  stopping illegal mini vans.

3 days with no van, then back to normal.

And I thought I knew some good jokes! Then along came these "authorities". Sheesh.

Difficult to get money from the tourists when the van is a burnt out wreck, do you not think ?

"Difficult! the van is a burnt out wreck" He can anytime become a driver and drive a taxi, tuk tuk or a motorcycle taxi that's a lot of way!