Thailand and Japan discuss universal healthcare

webfact

Thailand and Japan discuss universal healthcare

BANGKOK, 9 March 2017 (NNT) – Thailand has struck up cooperation with Japan to develop sustainable universal healthcare and methods to accommodate its aging population. 

Minister of Public Health Dr. Piyasakol Sakolsathayadhorn has held a discussion with Japanese Minister for Health, Labor and Welfare Yasuhisa Shiozaki as part of a tour of Japan’s universal healthcare program. The meeting is part of a cooperative program between the ministry and other relevant agencies in Japan. 

Dr. Piyasakol acknowledged Thailand and Japan’s long standing relationship as well as their individual health successes. He said the latest discussion was on how to make universal healthcare sustainable and let on both countries will share their experiences and aid each other in developing new health insurance practices. The work will extend from Thailand to all of ASEAN. 

Both countries also plan to work on developing their capabilities in the field of world health, especially in terms of accommodating an aged society.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-03-09

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

That's the obvious direction to go for any advanced nation or nation wanting to be an advanced nation. 

The only assumption that can be made by not having it, is that you want the poor, poorer and sicker.  There is no compassion watching kids, elderly,  and poor people suffering and losing everything.  The people making the laws have no right to make decisions that destroy people's lives, their dignity, and causes suffering.  And, most of them say they are Christians!

27 minutes ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

I think most here forget that this same Minister and his junta friends wanted to shelve the B 30 scheme. Only civil resistance stopped them.

So what we have here is a country with some of the finest medical universities sharing with a country that more then half the medical practitioners bought their way into the profession. Yea when pigs fly.

8 minutes ago, sanukjim said:

So what we have here is a country with some of the finest medical universities sharing with a country that more then half the medical practitioners bought their way into the profession. Yea when pigs fly.

Japanese do EVERYTHING perfect and Thai always cut corners....or even drive against traffic.

Guess the Japanese will learn Thai language soon to communicate with them.

14 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand has struck up cooperation with Japan to develop sustainable universal healthcare and methods to accommodate its aging population. 

The first clue is that Japan spends about 10x more than Thailand per capita for healthcare.

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH.XPD.PCAP

As far as the details of Japan's healthcare system, Thailand currently lacks legislation and discipline to duplicate Japan's system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_system_in_Japan

The Tarai mawashi reason given in the article is just double-talk.  It isn't low-risk patients in the ambulances who are rejected,  it's the HIGH RISK patients who are rejected.  If a hospital believes that the patient's care will be problematic or long-term then the patient stands a high chance of being rejected.  If, however, a patient is already an outpatient at a particular hospital (eg. The University of Tokyo Hospital) then he/she is likely to be accepted.

On 3/9/2017 at 4:11 PM, sanukjim said:

Why Redline you live here and can't use any health care from there ?

I have good insurance here and in the USA, and I am very healthy.  I hope that answers your question?

The USA does not have universal health care like every other developed nation.  And, some not so developed.

Me and my wife will be going to live there for a few years, as I have a business there.  What is your insurance situation sanukjim?

Edited by Redline