Video: ER worker attacked by patient's relative after he forbids entry to ICU

webfact

Video: ER worker attacked by patient's relative after he forbids entry to ICU

4pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

TRANG: -- Video from a government hospital in Trang shows an emergency room worker being assaulted by the relative of a patient in ICU.

The worker - Thotsapon Chumnuan, 29, went to the media armed with CCTV evidence after he claimed nothing was being done to help him, reported Sanook.

The footage shows a young man swiping Thotsapon twice around the head.

He said that a patient had been transferred from a private hospital earlier with a brain hemorrhage. When relatives arrived he tried to prevent them from going in the room where the patient was being treated.

But they ignored his request. When they came out after he was attacked.

Thotsaphon told the media that he felt scared and didn't want to go into work for fear of a repeat attack. He reported the matter to police and the hospital but little seemed to have been done to back him up. He said he was only doing his job and was an employee of the state.

Sanook.com said that when their reporters went to the hospital they were denied access and the director refused to speak to them saying he would investigate what happened first.

But local police said that a man has been summonsed to appear on a charge of assault.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-09

Ignorant buggers, patient in ICU with a brain hemorrhage, last thing the patient needs is crazy (dirty ) family members contaminating things.

When i was in ICU,, my wife had to don protective clothes/mask/overshoes, before being allowed in for only 30 minutes.

Thais don't think of rules as actually being rules. They see them more like guidelines, that can be ignored at any time for convenience.

Entering an ICU is as perfectly natural to them as jumping the lights. They simply can't process the fact that their actions could have "consequences."

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Ignorant buggers, patient in ICU with a brain hemorrhage, last thing the patient needs is crazy (dirty ) family members contaminating things.

When i was in ICU,, my wife had to don protective clothes/mask/overshoes, before being allowed in for only 30 minutes.

If that was after she stabbed you, I hope they also frisked her in case she came to finish the job!

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Thais don't think of rules as actually being rules. They see them more like guidelines, that can be ignored at any time for convenience.

Entering an ICU is as perfectly natural to them as jumping the lights. They simply can't process the fact that their actions could have "consequences."

And even if the do accept that there are consequences then they'll simply deny the cause, refuse responsibility and most definitely won't be at fault.

Looks like some local thug not used to being told what he can and cannot do.

Likely police will do nothing too.

There is enough evidence to charge him with assault and he should be banned from the hospital.