Moving to Thailand

Jeff756

Hi,

My cousin in Ontario is planning to shift to Thailand(most probably in June). And I know this is the best platform where I can ask about the shift to Thailand. Is it good to shift in this season of the year? Though it is difficult to change the time of shifting as he has already arranged the shifting with a moving service company. But, I need to confirm about few things before he moves with his family. Hence, your suggestions and guidance will be highly appreciated.

How is the weather conditions in Thailand? Any safe measures need to be taken before the journey?

Thanks in advance

Edited by ubonjoe
changed to link to commercial website to text (advertising ?)

-Check with your local health unit re suggested inoculations, especially for the children.

- if you have driver's licences that will expire shortly after your departure, consider delaying your departure until after renewal of those.

- for anyone coming from Canada, Thailand is always hot. But in June, the worst will be over for the current year. It will be beginning to get cloudier, as we move into the rainy season.

In general Thailand is always hot. But in June it is rainy season. 
Thai street food is abundant, high quality and astoundingly cheap. But it can also be a fast track to food poisoning. Eat where there are crowds; a faster turnover means fresher food. And don’t drink the tap water. Mosquitoes are everywhere.  Use a spray-on repellent with at least 50% deet during the day (100% at night) and treat clothes with a permethrin spray as soon as you arrive in the country.

Visiting an open-air market is a must-do and it is here that you will find the best goods  and never forget to haggle)
P.S. As for the airline tickets, my advice is to use  https://www.iflyfirstclass.com/  ))