Nikon repair shop in Phuket (Hey Phuket Richard)

Bulldozer Dawn

Hey

Can anyone recommend a Nikon DSLR repair shop in Phuket town.

I have a D90 with a persistant ERR message.  

It is not the shutter as it works fine.

Err remains even with no lens attached.

Have tried all the usual stuff.  Reset, hard reset, change battery, change SD card, clean lens contacts.  But error message persists.

Phuket Richard have you used the shop in Phuket town for repairs ( I remember seeing one at the very western end of Dibuk street I think) with Nikon signs up.

Is a service/repair in Thailand affordable.  Or is it going to cost me 5,000 THB or more (in which case I might as well buy a new body.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

• 1 year later...

Similar problem on my D800, but different.

The aperture lever control doesn't get released properly. I gets stuck randomly and from that point on the camera thinks that the stuck position is the largest aperture. Ie the subsequent shots will be heavily underexposed until the lever gets released (again randomly)

I need to have this replaced:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Nikon-D800-D800E-Aperture-Control-Unit-Repair-Part-Digital-Camera-Part/252039894849?hash=item3aaebf9741:g:ZCMAAOSw9N1VtxzM

Is Niks Co Ltd the go to place for such repairs Richard? Thanks.

8 hours ago, merijn said:

I don't believe that there is a Nikon repair shop in Phuket.

I send my Nikon to Bangkok for repairs. (Via Big Camera to Nikon Bangkok)

Just to clarify, the one PhuketRichard is referring to is a non-official service, correct?

Back in Singapore Nikon was in my office building, just 2 floors below mine and it was super easy to do check ups, focus calibrations, etc. Think they quoted around 350 SGD to fix this, but then I was in Phuket already and didn't have 3 days to leave the camera there for repairs. The component is around 90 SGD off ebay or Aliexpress, just need someone to swap it or may dedicate a day for this next month and do it myself.

10 minutes ago, Poppadom said:

Just to clarify, the one PhuketRichard is referring to is a non-official service, correct?

Back in Singapore Nikon was in my office building, just 2 floors below mine and it was super easy to do check ups, focus calibrations, etc. Think they quoted around 350 SGD to fix this, but then I was in Phuket already and didn't have 3 days to leave the camera there for repairs. The component is around 90 SGD off ebay or Aliexpress, just need someone to swap it or may dedicate a day for this next month and do it myself.

That is correct so far i know.

Niks is not the official Nikon shop.

I send mine to Nikon Thailand to repairs.

Archived