Brian the Cameroonian English teacher gets a D minus - deportation minus a job.

rooster59

Brian the Cameroonian English teacher gets a D minus  - deportation minus a job.

teacher.PNG

Image: Daily News

Khon Kaen immigration yesterday announced the arrest and detention of a man called Brian from Cameroon.

He had high hopes of coming to Thailand to teach English and was in fact waiting for a job at his flat in Nong Reua district when immigration came calling.

He had made the mistake of having somebody else's visa in his passport.

Immigration had been alerted by airport staff who had carried out some belated checks and given their counterparts the tip-off that his visa was fake.

Brian Etiennedem, 28, admitted everything and was detained ahead of deportation back to Africa.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-11

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had high hopes of coming to Thailand to teach English and was in fact waiting for a job at his flat in Nong Reua district when immigration came calling.

Maybe he was just too high? 

1 minute ago, davehowden said:

Which one is Brian?

Difficult to say, because they all look like Cameroonians to me. A typical Name in Cameroon, I wouldn't be surprised if the teacher dreamer was Nigerian traveling with someone else's passport.

But here are the ones who'll make him some bigger problems. Ce La Vie, Brian. 

Thre life of Brian. 

blog-mobc-stonedtodeath.jpg

How do you have someone elses visa in your passport? How did immigration not notice it when he first arrived?

And why did they suddenly decide to pay him a visit? Lastly, why do we so often only get half the story?

25 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

How do you have someone elses visa in your passport? How did immigration not notice it when he first arrived?

And why did they suddenly decide to pay him a visit? Lastly, why do we so often only get half the story?

Did you read the story, 

nah! didn't think so. 

54 minutes ago, ezzra said:

A Cameroonian to teach English, yeah right, and than everybody asks

why is Thai students English sucks.....

It's because they're cheap. Lots of money left over for the next merc or next big house for the director.

Please be aware there are a lot (In the hundreds) of very competent English teachers of African origin working very successfully in Thailand.

Most, if not all of them are better educated and vastly more competent than I will ever be!

Sadly the small number of West Africans that are involved in illicit activities, have had a tendency to tar the whole race. This is  something these teachers have to deal with everyday! 

This is something that is straight out racism and yes it is racial profiling! 

Sadly, as we all know it is has become more difficult to obtain a visa to come to Thailand and it is because of this agents in neighboring countries offer a quick fix which comes back and bites you!

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Pity about all these racist comments. In fact, teachers from Cameroon, and there are many in Thailand speak very good English, and some French too, due to a Colonial history in their country. Certainly, far better than any Thai teacher I have ever heard. Their main problem with working here will concern racial prejudices, which is unfortunate. The ones I have met, have been nice people with a lot to offer.

46 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

Pity about all these racist comments. In fact, teachers from Cameroon, and there are many in Thailand speak very good English, and some French too, due to a Colonial history in their country. Certainly, far better than any Thai teacher I have ever heard. Their main problem with working here will concern racial prejudices, which is unfortunate. The ones I have met, have been nice people with a lot to offer.

Ahh, now I finally understand why they always insist on "native English speakers".

Most Africans I have seen or met in Bangkok have indeed, a lot to offer. Drugs and ladies of the night, mostly.

Oz just had a doctor,   who , would you believe  practiced for 10 years on someone else's stolen identity from England,  so good ol Brian from Cameroon was in there with a chance for awhile, who knows he might have ended up as the best Engish teacher Thailand has ever seen......................................:cheesy:

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

It's because they're cheap. Lots of money left over for the next merc or next big house for the director.

no... one more thing.  a very important thing.

Thai students see a Foreigner.. especially a Farlang Foreigner... working at the school.

would it not help them "think" 'hey, maybe this is what schools are'.... even if it ain't. 'the farlang is working here and is the same as the other teachers'. and has a Thai Teachers License (after a 2 day Thai culture course plus some paperwork).

and...... works for Tea money so the CS can hit the Fingerprint Machine with the car engine still running.  

Edited by maewang99

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

ezzra said:

Dinsdale, ezzra's comment was overtly racist, but safe in this Thaivisa den. You sanctified it with a wrong, guising response most want shaped as an answer.It wasn't.

It is a race to the bottom for some posters on racial issues here. 'Game of likes'. Shame the lax permissibles of people like yourself allowed for this.

5 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

six people to interview 1 guy . They must be very busy at this immigration office!

Well, due to "Brian" only speaking English this is a very complicated interview. 

FB_IMG_1489202493979.jpg