Betta Fish - food substitute?

A friend has just given me a lovely Betta (Fighting Fish) as a surprise gift. Unfortunately, the Betta fish food didn't come with it. What can I give as a substitute that won't see it off until I can get to an aquarium shop? It's spat out my Koi pellets and, despite my best efforts, no mosquitoes have had to be slapped away this evening :laugh: Anything? It keeps eyeing me and pointing at it's mouth. Thanks.

After having fagged down to local Supercheap 'no have' yesterday, ended with yet another schlep to fish shop this morning and purchased two small packs of 'Betta 'Bpla Gut' food which comprises 'artificial mosquito larvae', which fish has again turned his nose up at. Have been searching about for the fresh ones in various water containers about the grounds, but apparently not mosquito breeding season. A search threw up they like brine shrimp best 'no have' and blood worms 'no have'. Big fish shop on Chao Fa West yet another business folded. Am now toying with the idea of just chucking the bloody thing in with Big Koi Fish rather than watch it waste away. Waddayathink?

Archived