Airport rail link breaks down during Monday rush, passengers trapped

Airport rail link breaks down during Monday rush, passengers trapped

By Khaosod English

arl.-696x644.jpg

Passengers aboard an Airport Rail Link car in a 6:35pm tweet. Photo: @ThongThongZa / Twitter

BANGKOK — Passengers were stranded aboard the Airport Rail Link on Monday evening when the line broke down following the sound of an explosion, according to social media reports.

The airport-bound train reportedly stopped running between the Ratchaprarop and Ramkhamhaeng stations at about 6:30pm. Passengers stranded in the train said they had to break open emergency exit for air, as air conditioning in the carriages also stopped working.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2017/03/13/airport-rail-link-fails-monday-rush-hour/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-3-13

13 minutes ago, fruitman said:

For how long were they trapped in that train?

Not sure, I think I was in the train immediately after this one and my journey took around fifty minutes longer than normal. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a few missed flights this evening. 

1 minute ago, lamyai3 said:

Not sure, I think I was in the train immediately after this one and my journey took around fifty minutes longer than normal. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a few missed flights this evening. 

Few months ago there was an maintenance engineer who claimed those trains were not safe. His manager said that was nonsense.

And look now....an explosion even.

At fear of repeating myself,

SRT could not run anything properly & do not know the word "maintenance" 

They are the worst Government Department in Thailand.

Our esteemed leader is going to charge them to run high speed rail .....Dangerous