Anyone else having problems with True Online on the Darkside?

giddyup

I have been experiencing nothing but disruptions with True internet where I live near the end of Nern Plubwan. Almost every day for the last few months there has been some loss of signal, no access nearly all day today, and apparently tomorrow will be the same. What really gets up my nose is that there is never any kind of reduction or rebate for the time lost on the internet, True just expects me to tolerate their appalling service without complaint. Is it only True or are all the internet providers pretty much the same on the Darkside?

I've been suffering from similar problems and it started a few months ago after some electrical fires on Sukhumvit Road (3 fires in 4 weeks time). 

After that started my True internet connection was a complete drama. 

Daily phone calls, several visits from technicians, 2 exchanges of router, line-checks, connector renewals.....BUT finally they managed to get me back online without major interruptions. 

Just be patient, phone 1686 as soon as your internet is disrupted, use the True Online Speedtest and store results with screen-shots.

Stay friendly to the call-center people (they can't do anything anyway). 

At some point I got befriended with True Online on Facebook and started to post speedtest-results there.........that speeded things up and they even started using messenger. 

Unfortunately, switching to another provider doesn't give any guarantee of a better connection; you know that and most importantly: True knows that as well. 

True is not so stable anymore, But the problem is not everyday maybe 2 a 3 times a week for an hour or so. Getting SMS' from True that they are still working on upgrading the network during the night and most of the time the day after there is some disruption.

Soi Khao Noi.

Had 3BB installed 3 weeks ago and its been a nightmare, service is terrible, internet constantly jumps in and out, going to get it ripped out next week....was going to get True but this sounds a similar nightmare

My True Online internet works very well after experiencing quite a bit of trouble, rarely do I see a slowdown in speeds and it hasn't dropped in almost a year. The problems we did have were about a year ago when it went down about twice a week, they would come out the next day and check the lines (away from our house) and do something to get it working again, but it would soon go out again. I have the package deal that combines True Online with Truevisions, and lo and behold, after about 4 or 5 outages and complaints, they actually lowered my bill for one month by about 800 Baht. I was quite surprised when they told me they were going to lower my bill for one month after the slew of outages. I can attest to the fact that they do indeed credit your account if you're experiencing a lot of problems. 

Finally they did something that fixed the problem once and for all, and it hasn't gone out in almost a year. I was very close to switching providers, but as long as it keeps working well, I'll stick with them. 

1 hour ago, scoooooby said:

Had 3BB installed 3 weeks ago and its been a nightmare, service is terrible, internet constantly jumps in and out, going to get it ripped out next week....was going to get True but this sounds a similar nightmare

My experience of 3BB is exactly the opposite. True cut me off without notice to 'upgrade' to fibre, and it took them about 4 weeks to finally get it working at all. They also could not go back to the old ADSL connection. This was for the whole moo-baan (38 houses). As my internet is in use continually for work, after a week of using a mobile phone hotspot, I transferred to 3bb. They came and installed it 2 days later, and it is faster and cheaper. I have had one or two dropouts in the last 6 weeks or so, but certainly no worse than my old True connection. Since the True 'upgrade', my neighbour says it disconnects about 5 or 6 times a day, and is now going to change to 3bb.

From what I have seen on the forums the service from the various suppliers seems to be variable depending on your location. It might be an idea to check out your neighbours and get their experiences.

Yes.

I live mid Nernplapwan and have been having problems with True since the start of the year. Its been off for a few hours today (just came back on), about 5 hours yesterday and a few other times this month. they no longer send me SMS updates. January  was the worst month but they did give me a 200 baht discount (whoopee) after I suggested a refund.

2 hours ago, scoooooby said:

there instillation service is crap and the engineers blackmail money out of you to run the wire some times. stick with 3 BB but change to fiber obtive  mine perfect since i changed.

2 hours ago, scoooooby said:

17 minutes ago, catman20 said:

there instillation service is crap and the engineers blackmail money out of you to run the wire some times. stick with 3 BB but change to fiber obtive  mine perfect since i changed.

I have 3BB, it cuts out now and again/buffers more so on a W.E. I complained, they checked the system out said all good, there was cabling to the house from a previous owner so all they did was reconnect it when I got it.

Their solution, switch your Router of now and again was the answer, no difference.

Just now, jamie2009 said:

I have 3BB, it cuts out now and again/buffers more so on a W.E. I complained, they checked the system out said all good, there was cabling to the house from a previous owner so all they did was reconnect it when I got it.

Their solution, switch your Router of now and again was the answer, no difference.

i had the same problem i change to fiber obtive problem solved :biggrin:

31 minutes ago, jamie2009 said:

yes at 1200 baht a month ? I don't use the internet to warrant the cost.

i get all my tv though it tv cost me nothing and if i want to upgrade my tv programs it cost me 450 baht a month i was with that ture lot that was costing me 25,000 a year a few years ago

I'm not sure if this is going to be of any help, but....I'm on the darkside and have True internet, my internet was crap, alwys dropping out etc, anyway, I had the x wife complain and they gave me a new modem and it has improved considerably.

I don't live on the darkside but more North of town in Nong Plalai  and have been experiencing problems for 3 weeks or so. Streaming interrupted, loss of internet access for extended periods, temporary loss of internet, having to reset my router a lot. I have received a few SMS messages from them alerting me to potential loss of service, usually for a few hours in the early hours, but once for several hours  in the afternoon.

It's the perpetual aggravation that is getting to me.

I am getting fed up with True although they claim to be improving the fibre network. I actually am on cable. If they had any integrity they would give out some refunds.

I.ve HAS SIMILAR PROBLEMS. Yesterday was out most of the day. What really got up my nose is that they upgraded my system with fibre cable but when I tried to use it could not get the channels i had subscribed to, (gold), and was told i had to upgrade. I am already paying too much for their service as it is so am still using their satellite service which ceases to work at frequent intervals, especially in the rainy season when every thunder storm interrupts it, They are a shitty organisation and have so many repeat programs that there is often nothing to watch.

Just now, tigermoth said:

I.ve HAS SIMILAR PROBLEMS. Yesterday was out most of the day. What really got up my nose is that they upgraded my system with fibre cable but when I tried to use it could not get the channels i had subscribed to, (gold), and was told i had to upgrade. I am already paying too much for their service as it is so am still using their satellite service which ceases to work at frequent intervals, especially in the rainy season when every thunder storm interrupts it, They are a shitty organisation and have so many repeat programs that there is often nothing to watch.

I was talking about the True internet connection.

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I don't live on the darkside but more North of town in Nong Plalai  and have been experiencing problems for 3 weeks or so. Streaming interrupted, loss of internet access for extended periods, temporary loss of internet, having to reset my router a lot. I have received a few SMS messages from them alerting me to potential loss of service, usually for a few hours in the early hours, but once for several hours  in the afternoon.

It's the perpetual aggravation that is getting to me.

I am getting fed up with True although they claim to be improving the fibre network. I actually am on cable. If they had any integrity they would give out some refunds.

True Visions just called and somehow I have been credited with

3  months of free

satellite  tv. I can't  believe it--haven't  even  complained  about the removal of channels last few months

Been a customer for 12 years though...

10 minutes ago, cloghead said:

True Visions just called and somehow I have been credited with

3  months of free

satellite  tv. I can't  believe it--haven't  even  complained  about the removal of channels last few months

Been a customer for 12 years though...

You may not have complained but plenty have, and in fact I believe they were found guilty of breach of contract, or something like it, so I doubt your refund was out of the goodness of their heart.

Edited by giddyup

Had the same trouble last month and had good service despite losing a large number of connection days. They went out of their way to help and when I asked for a reduction in charges I was told they would see what they could do.  At the time my account was due I received an SMS advising me that they had reduced my monthly charge by B450.00 for the problem period.  I have found that patience and civility pays as Thais have long memories and they do record everything.:wai: