Phuket ‘Table for Two’: Army wants a date with MaAnn over beach restaurant

snoop1130

Phuket ‘Table for Two’: Army wants a date with MaAnn over beach restaurant

The Phuket News

1489574082_1-org.jpg

PHUKET:-- The Commander of the Royal Thai Army unit assigned to Phuket wants to meet MaAnn Samran, chief of the Cherng Talay Tambon Administration Organisation (OrBorTor) to hear why a beach club restaurant has been allowed to place dining chairs and tables on the sand at Bang Tao Beach.

Gen Santi Sakuntanak, Commander of the 25th Infantry Regiment and the highest-ranking army officer stationed in Phuket, told The Phuket News he was seeking an audience with Mr MaAnn after he led an inspection of Bang Tao beach on Monday (Mar 13).

“I want to talk with the Cherng Talay chief about the restaurant with chairs and tables on the beach… He well knows about it, but he has done nothing to arrest these people. Bang Tao beach is one of the nine beaches under the ‘beach management’ policy,” Gen Santi said.

“I have informed the Palad (Cherng Talay OrBorTor Chief Administrative Office) to inform the chief that he must must come to talk with me.

“I want to find out what he wants and what businesses want at that beach. I want their conclusions reported to me. I will pass on my report to the Army and the Phuket Provincial beach management committee,” Gen Santi said.

Mr MaAnn came under further pressure on Monday when local vendors petitioned him to set up 10% zones and allow them to work on Surin Beach, which is also within Mr MaAnn’s geographical area of responsibility.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-table-for-two-army-wants-a-date-with-maann-over-beach-restaurant-61398.php#8zlkGBTfheZTUrRv.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-3-15

Where has this commander been ? everybody all over Thailand knows how chairs etc get onto beaches in forbidden areas. Instead  of asking foolish questions they should be arresting the culprits. In this case MaAnn Samran. Then squeeze them till the pips pop out to squeal and drop their supporters in it to, usually the BIB.

Edited by whatawonderfulday

This has always been one of my favorite places to go for a late lunch... a nice ride along the coast ( excluding a couple of obvious bad areas)

have a swim, whilst waiting for lunch.

develop a salt rash riding home ? Then have an evening massage to recover ?

It would be a real shame to see the removal of all these businesses... regulate them, sure... but please don't remove them all ?

9 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

Where has this commander been ? everybody all over Thailand knows how chairs etc get onto beaches in forbidden areas. Instead  of asking foolish questions they should be arresting the culprits. In this case MaAnn Samran. Then squeeze them till the pips pop out to squeal and drop their supporters in it to, usually the BIB.

As recently proven, squeeze hard enough and someone ends up hanged by their shoelaces in a jail cell.