Can't sign in to Yahoo Mail

chiangrai

I can't sign in to my Yahoo Mail account.

They are saying something about security issues and my password is invalid.

I've followed the links to "Help" and "info" but can't make head nor tail out of it.

Does anybody know what to do.

When I try to put in my old password  it sais it's invalid.

Then when I try to change the password I'm asked to  give the recovery address.

The email account that I gave them 10 years ago hasn't been used for years

and the say they don't recognize it.

Does anybody know a way around this.

All my links get redirected to Corporate Partner (due to my past interactions),

This probably doesn't go to the same 'issue resolution' group as the above link, but still, it 'might' allow you to connect with a live person:

Need assistance with a Yahoo product? Let's see how we can help.

io.help.yahoo.com

No guarantees though. Not having kept your contact/recovery info up-to-date will most probably keep you from reacquiring access to the account. 

• 11 months later...

Might as well bump this thread. My Yahoo Mail has been playing up for over a week now. I cannot access my Emails. I sign in with my address, and then the password, and get 'Invalid password. Please try again'. I then go through the recovery procedure of having an SMS message sent to  my phone. No message arrives.  Has anyone else been having this problem, or am I the only one?

Just a though on SMS not arriving. I've had this problem more than once on different sites.

The answer, in my case, was to turn on the data service on the phone. Mostly, you don't need to do this to receive SMS but, it seems, sometimes you do. No idea why and this may not be relevant to your problem anyway but it's quick and easy to try. Turn on the data service then request that the SMS be sent again.

• Like 2

On 3/16/2017 at 5:35 PM, chiangrai said:

When I try to put in my old password  it sais it's invalid.

Then when I try to change the password I'm asked to  give the recovery address.

The email account that I gave them 10 years ago hasn't been used for years

and the say they don't recognize it.

Does anybody know a way around this.

1. Use your new password, if the old didn't work.

2. The e-mail address that you've used for a backup might be easily accessible. have you tried that with certain questions? It's not Astrophysics.You should remember some 'special questions', perhaps Maiden name of mom, etc.

It worked well for a friend, I can't give guarantee. : https://www.lifewire.com/recover-yahoo-password-1174485 Best of luck, any experience is good!! 

Edited by jenny2017

I note that nobody has mentioned the past data theft incidents of Yahoo accounts, which were reported in the press more than once.  I'm not suggesting it's the cause of Chiangrai's problem, but it may be worth noting, if even to remind members here to change their Yahoo passwords.

One concern that I have had for others with Yahoo accounts that were created prior to the Yahoo data theft, is that passwords were made available within the leaked data, enabling others to log into those Yahoo users' accounts.  Obviously changing the password recently will eliminate that concern though.  I don't want to worry you, Chiangrai, since if you changed your password more recently, then it clearly won't be the cause here.

41 minutes ago, sicky said:

I don't want to worry you, Chiangrai, since if you changed your password more recently, then it clearly won't be the cause here.

ChiangRai's OP was from last year.

Rally123 did a threadjack with his 'bump'. So he's the one with the current issue.

But, yes, as documented in this Wikipedia entry: Yahoo! data breaches

There were at least TWO database thefts of 500 million Yahoo! user accounts in late 2014, and then over 3 billion account in 2016. 

Specific details of material taken include names, email addresses, telephone numbers, encrypted or unencrypted security questions and answers, dates of birth, and hashed passwords.

Further, Yahoo! reported that the late 2014 breach likely used manufactured web cookies to falsify login credentials, allowing hackers to gain access to any account without a password. [ OUCH!! ]

So all that data is available for sale somewhere on the 'net, waiting for someone to buy, trade, or steal it.