Minivan driver burns to death in his seat after hitting tree in Suphanburi

webfact

Minivan driver burns to death in his seat after hitting tree in Suphanburi

3am.jpg

Picture: Thairath

SUPHANBURI: -- A minivan driver on his way home hit a tree head on and burned to death in his seat.

Other motorists on the Suphan to Chainat Road looked on in horror as the van exploded.

Police medics and fire fighters attended and the blaze was extinguished. Inside the vehicle was the charred body of 35 year old Suphanburi native Thanaphon Worarungratana. His legs were pinned under him by the force of the collision, reported Thai Rath.

Sam Chuk police said he had tried to get out but was trapped as flames engulfed the vehicle. He was on his way home and there were no passengers in the vehicle.

He normally plied the Suphanburi to Mo Chit route, they said.

A motorist who was alongside the van at the Sam Chuk intersection lights before the accident said that subsequently the driver started weaving all over the road before losing control and smashing into the tree.

He stopped to help but was prevented from doing so as the gas tank exploded.

Police believe the minivan driver fell asleep at the wheel.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-16

35 minutes ago, trogers said:

Does the driving test for commercial vehicles include driving techniques for the sleepy?

to technical, it seems all you need to get a  licence is be a total and utter pratt with no regard for not  only others  life but your own...................one less outta  the way

1 hour ago, berybert said:

Looks like they will have to change the tomb stone on the Right to 110.

How did he manage to fall asleep seconds after leaving the lights ? 3am.jpg

what lights  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

21 minutes ago, mallyrd said:

What a sad bunch of prats most of you are.  Whatever happened the driver died trapped in the mini-bus. he does not deserve to be de-humanised by you lot.

Yeah, we don't even know if it was his fault, if he had survived he could probably have told the tale of how the tree cut him off.

"...the driver started weaving all over the road before losing control..." So I guess "weaving all over the road" implies driving normal style, under control per van standards?

I would guess extra gas tanks under the seats might lead to explosion, especially if partially empty so get that good fuel/air mixture.

RIP.

2 hours ago, mallyrd said:

What a sad bunch of prats most of you are.  Whatever happened the driver died trapped in the mini-bus. he does not deserve to be de-humanised by you lot.

I bet you'd change your tune if your family were in the minivan as his passengers...

3 hours ago, mallyrd said:

An ordinary day on TV :saai:

3 hours ago, mallyrd said:

Its hows what i have said for years  the people on here that come here for sex are the dregs of society . Would not expect less from these lowlifes . Nobdy knows what happened except a man had a horrible death and he and his family deserve sympathy not obscene abuse

12 hours ago, mallyrd said:

Yes, he does! Exactly like most of the rest driving theese cars. Was as usual on my motorbike today. 2 minivans and 2 hihspeeding ones, that I) have to go on the side of the road for.
Next time you execute a stupid comment like that, make sure you have enough years in Thailand and that you have enough on your feet to not sink when the storm comes.