Who wanted to burn their school down as a child? These young kids did the next best thing!

webfact

Who wanted to burn their school down as a child? These young kids did the next best thing!

4am.jpg

Picture: Daily News

SISAKET: -- Two children aged 8 and 9 entered a school in Sisaket via a window and completely trashed a classroom.

And when their parents - poor construction workers - were confronted with what their children had done they collapsed to the floor in floods of tears.

They had just been asked to pay the bill of over 60,000 baht for the damage, Daily News reported.

Police were called to the Ban Nong Muang Nong Tae School in Payu district yesterday. Teachers and students had been out on a field trip for the day but when they got back to the P6 (Year 7 in the UK system) classroom they saw a scene of utter devastation.

Books and teaching materials were scattered all over the place and paint and school milk had been splattered all over the floor,  walls, whiteboard, computers and an LCD screen.

They believed it was a revenge attack. School director Suphin Singh-ngern said it looked like whoever did it gained access through windows that didn't close properly.

Local police soon rounded up two boys aged 8 and 9 (in P3 and P4) who Daily News said attend a well known school in Sisaket.

Apparently they said it had nothing to do with revenge. They just thought it would be jolly good fun.

The school and police reckoned on the bill for damage being 62,692 baht that was swiftly presented to the parents.

Daily News said they collapsed at the knees in floods of tears saying that they were poor construction workers and there was no chance they could come up with such a large sum of money.

A child welfare group has now stepped in to mediate and find a solution to the problem.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-16

A child welfare group have stepped in . :cheesy:

Now children we ask you to please be good little kiddie winkels and not be naughty.

As kwhwaibah says give them a good arse slapping, they will not do it again.

Too much b....it these days about talking to children, and not slapping them.

Never did me any harm, if i did something wrong slap, never did it again.

Daily News said they collapsed at the knees in floods of tears saying that they were poor construction workers and there was no chance they could come up with such a large sum of money.

Then re-construct the classroom back to how it was. Then find your children a new school to go to. Simple.

Yes I don't see over 60k damage either...u have been in Thai classrooms and it's like the 1960's...

nothing modern..everything cheap wood and plastic furnishings...the value will be how many computers  were destroyed...maybe a printer/copier?

and thai books? No value there...

4 hours ago, Get Real said:

And what educational state makes you qualified to make that assumption?

Books can be expensive fdor just one thing. Ever tried a book store?

school milk had been splattered all over the floor,  walls, whiteboard, computers and an LCD screen.

This is what happening all around Thailand with masses of children that are not thought what is right or wrong by their parents and basically they will end up as criminals.

The reason for this is that so many parents are just curling their children or leave them with "grandmother" and/or don't even think about responsibility:

* The lessons were disturbed a couple of times a week last semester by parents who were calling to their children (15-21 years old!), the most common question was what they wanted to eat for dinner!?

* One student asked for a scholarship for students from poor homes because he could not afford buy the school uniform (600 Baht for a white shirt, work/department shirt, 2 polo-shirts, a pair of pants and a jacket so it's not expensive). Before we can give the scholarship we must first visit the home of the student and determine if they really are poor and need the money. At this students house we found his mother playing on the latest IPhone, his father passed out from drinking Hong Thong and a brand new pickup parked in front of the house... That boy didn't get any scholarship but still after 2 years in school he didn't have a school uniform and was still sending applications for a scholarship!

* I have one 16 year old student that's been in prison 3 times already (he is in for his 3rd time now). His parents are not blaming him or them self for this, they blame the college for reporting him to the police. First time he was caught the college had a meeting with his parents but the 2nd time he was caught the college called the police... He was caught selling yaba to other students!

If you stay in Thailand as an educator then you will see many, many things like these!

This is what happening all around Thailand with masses of children that are not thought what is right or wrong by their parents and basically they will end up as criminals.

The reason for this is that so many parents are just curling their children or leave them with "grandmother" and/or don't even think about responsibility:

* The lessons were disturbed a couple of times a week last semester by parents who were calling to their children (15-21 years old!), the most common question was what they wanted to eat for dinner!?

* One student asked for a scholarship for students from poor homes because he could not afford buy the school uniform (600 Baht for a white shirt, work/department shirt, 2 polo-shirts, a pair of pants and a jacket so it's not expensive). Before we can give the scholarship we must first visit the home of the student and determine if they really are poor and need the money. At this students house we found his mother playing on the latest IPhone, his father passed out from drinking Hong Thong and a brand new pickup parked in front of the house... That boy didn't get any scholarship but still after 2 years in school he didn't have a school uniform and was still sending applications for a scholarship!

* I have one 16 year old student that's been in prison 3 times already (he is in for his 3rd time now). His parents are not blaming him or them self for this, they blame the college for reporting him to the police. First time he was caught the college had a meeting with his parents but the 2nd time he was caught the college called the police... He was caught selling yaba to other students!

If you stay in Thailand as an educator then you will see many, many things like these!

It depends where you teach. I work in a large private(RC) school ( but definitely not expensive - the fees are less than the costs of keeping a child at the more prestigious government schools). The children are no plaster saints but we have nothing like that.

Perhaps the nuns are scary...

8 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

There were many things I thought would be jolly good fun as a kid.

However, my parents taught me right from wrong at an early age ! 

In my school it was putting hydrogen sulfide gas in the air ducts.Empties out the school in a hurry and no costly damage.Life through chemistry.

43 minutes ago, JAG said:

It depends where you teach. I work in a large private(RC) school ( but definitely not expensive - the fees are less than the costs of keeping a child at the more prestigious government schools). The children are no plaster saints but we have nothing like that.

Perhaps the nuns are scary...

Yea, there are big differences between the schools, especially between city schools and schools out in the provinces.

But the best behaving students I have ever seen here were actually in really small schools up in the mountains with Hmong and Karen children... you know the ones where not even 4 wheel drive might get you all the way. At one of the schools/villages we went to we had to park the car at the road... then walk about 4 km on jungle tracks up the mountain!

I teach at a government vocational college and here the students basically only need to pay 600 Baht for the school uniform and then the rest is free: dormitory (including electricity and water), 3 meals a day and so on. We even make sure that there are jobs available for those students that want to work in the evenings or weekends so that they can earn some pocket money from that (1-500 Baht a day depending on what they do and how many hours they work), one example is cutting grass in the teacher village at 150-200 Baht per house, another example is golf caddy at the local golf course (part of the college as we have a golf course management program but last 3 years no students). They can also grow vegetables or farm animals and sell the produce in the college or at the local market, last year we had students farming crickets, chickens and pigs with the support/money of the college. The students keep 100% of the profit but they have to pay back any money they have borrowed, 2 years ago one student farmed crickets but he had to get money from his parents to pay back the college the money he had borrowed to buy the cricket eggs... he was absent for over a week so with no food or water his crickets died! Again, taking responsibility...

The average student here in the college got at least two grade 0 this semester but in most schools in Thailand no students get grade 0... even if their knowledge is equal to or less than the students here!

3 hours ago, Get Real said:

Oki Doki! No need to scream. Get it. You are frustrated.

Not in the least I just wanted to help, I understood perfectly some old grumblers members could experienced difficulties to read most OP small size characters. 

12 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Yes I don't see over 60k damage either...u have been in Thai classrooms and it's like the 1960's...

nothing modern..everything cheap wood and plastic furnishings...the value will be how many computers  were destroyed...maybe a printer/copier?

and thai books? No value there...

I think you will find that 90% of the bill would cover 'administration ' ( Director , BIB ).

9 hours ago, sanukjim said:

In my school it was putting hydrogen sulfide gas in the air ducts.Empties out the school in a hurry and no costly damage.Life through chemistry.

We were into physchological games , simple but surprisingly effective. Most of the class would together drop a pen / smile broadly / cough etc , drove certain teachers up the wall.

16 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

I do not see 60k b in damage.

Two cleaners at 300 Baht each and 59,400 in undocumented administrative fees.

Six of the best would probably deter them from doing it again.

Assuming of course, they survive the hiding they are likely to get at home.

On 3/16/2017 at 7:16 AM, Get Real said:

Good that the parents got the bill. They are the ones responsible for their childrens behaviour!

In this case the children get same smart as thier parents. Assuming that they are not the sharpest knifes in the box.

Completely agree, seems that nowadays kids do whatever they want and their actions go unpunished. Hit the parents hard and maybe the'll get a wake up call.  They are responsible for their kids'action.  Pay up and don't give us that crying crap.

12 hours ago, Gerard052 said:

Completely agree, seems that nowadays kids do whatever they want and their actions go unpunished. Hit the parents hard and maybe the'll get a wake up call.  They are responsible for their kids'action.  Pay up and don't give us that crying crap.

You got my devoted love, Bro!

Parents must be accountable for the actions of their kids. This being said, I am sure that a VERY large percentage of that 60,000 bill covers "administrative fees".

Why not ask the children to clean the place, and THEN, if anything needs money to be fixed, present the necessary invoices to the parents?