Three men injured, two seriously, when minivan rear-ends Phuket garbage truck

webfact

Three men injured, two seriously, when minivan rear-ends Phuket garbage truck

Eakkapop Thongtub

1489642466_1-org.jpg

Rescue workers attend to one of the injured parties at the scene. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- Three Burmese rubbish collectors were injured in the early hours of this morning, two seriously, when a minivan rear-ended their rubbish truck on Sakdidet Rd in Wichit.

At 1:45am today (Mar 16), Lt Sirinate Thairach of the Wichit Police was informed of an accident on Sakdidet Rd in Wichit where it was reported a minivan had been involved in a collision with a rubbish truck.

Police arrived at the scene with rescue workers to find three injured Burmese rubbish collectors lying in the road. Two of the men had sustained serious injuries to their legs.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/three-men-injured-two-seriously-when-minivan-rear-ends-phuket-garbage-truck-61407.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-03-16

16 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Yep, not too easy to see a garbage truck in the dark , especially with all those glaring lights.  Name of the minibus driver , oh tut tut can't tell you that. 

I don't see a reason to be collecting rubbish in the dark. It's not New York city.

A couple of months ago they suddenly decided to collect from our street at something like 1030pm. They backed up the street with motor roaring and horn blaring, departing almost immediately when they found no one had put their refuse out.

A late night, slow moving truck is just another accident waiting to happen in a place where common sense driving is in such short supply. 

Night time picking up garbage is common in Thailand as most cities are too busy in the day time for

the garbage to be safely picked up. I seen this practice in Bangkok, as well as Hua Hin. I never seen the

trucks use their horns though, most times just go down the sois, getting the waste. I think the mini van

driver was jusr another careless person, who did not watch his driving.

Geezer

Just another lame brain minivan driver!! Too may Thai drivers can not discipline themselves to drive to the conditions and not be tired when driving. But then again the Thai Government is unable to teach/enforce that either.

The Government (as a gesture for happiness of Thai peoples?) has other poor, knee-jerk solutions that do not address the problem i.e DRIVERS.  A GPS system (IF connected and turned on) will still not stop stupidity.

Thai 1.0 will never advance to Thai 4.0 !!

4 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Night time picking up garbage is common in Thailand as most cities are too busy in the day time for

the garbage to be safely picked up. I seen this practice in Bangkok, as well as Hua Hin. I never seen the

trucks use their horns though, most times just go down the sois, getting the waste. I think the mini van

driver was jusr another careless person, who did not watch his driving.

Geezer

I don't live in a city, in fact in a semi rural area. I thought I made that point in my post.

They normally collect in daylight where I am, although after 6 years I've yet to work out which day they're likely to turn up. Because of this inconsistency most people in our little community drop their rubbish at a common collection point further down the road, much to the delight of stray dogs..

They do routinely sound their horns to let the residents know they're coming. This was the first time they had come late at night.