Remark on tourist visa. Need update on information!

I've just got my 4th tourist visa for 60 days (plus 30 days extension). And I got the remark in black ink saying that I may be refused visa in the future. All my visa runs were done in Vientiane (Nong Khai border crossing). I have read all threads about this remark and that with this remark you can still go to Savannakhet or Malaysia to get another tourist visa and that this remark is only for Vientiane. Since the threads with this information are about one or two years old, I would like to get an update. Has anything changed? Will I be able to get another tourist visa of 60 days if I go to other Thai Consulates? 

Thank you!

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by BrakkaToss

28 minutes ago, BrakkaToss said:

Also has anybody tried Kota Bharu?

There are visa run companies using Kota Bharu, which is an indication, I think, that this is a reasonable location to use. You might want to track down one of those companies and see if they will help with questions you might have. There have also been threads on here from individuals who have successfully used Kota Bharu, and looking for advice on travel back to Bangkok. Note that they open Sunday to Thursday (closed Friday) unlike all other consulates in the region that are Monday to Friday.

• Like 1

This Thai immigration would have to be the weirdest in the world anywhere else if you had that stamped  in your passport , it wouldn't matter if you were from the moon you wouldn't get a renew TV, just thinking.....................................:coffee1:..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chainarong said:

This Thai immigration would have to be the weirdest in the world anywhere else if you had that stamped  in your passport , it wouldn't matter if you were from the moon you wouldn't get a renew TV, just thinking.....................................:coffee1:..

Don't put these ideas into heads.......

• Like 1

I have many Tourist visas and I would never consider going over 3 tourist visa entries  from more than one location one after another.

The third one is usually a warning from any location.

If you try for more than 3  tourist visas from the same location they will very likely refuse you when you apply for number 4.

• Like 1

Just returned from Penang to Krabi by air with a SETV marked income and residence proof required NEXT TIME. I had been reading TV so showed a copy of my lease and a recent ATM stub to the agent from the Hotel and he took those with him, no mention of a ticket out of Thailand within next ninety days. Passport went in Tuesday AM and returned Weds. afternoon by the agent , no problems at all. On returning to Krabi once again a very thorough scrutiny and a lot of punching computer keys and consultations before I was given stamp and allowed to enter.

Just for info no mention of extra fees for agent and with the proof I mentioned the attitude was Passport back at 3PM tomorrow, seems like all is OK 

• Like 1

I think what the immigration is focusing on is why are people staying in Thailand on tourist visas for up to a year or more?

Basically some people are living in Thailand on tourist visas.

So the solution is more on the immigration standpoint, creating a 1 year non immigrant visa or further implementing the 6 month METV visa as a necessary for long stayers.

At first I was a bit turned off on the sudden change of rules and regulations, but now I'm gathering a different view on it. 

A lot of people are/were abusing the system. 

If your on a "tourist" visa, you should be a tourist and not stay indefinitely in Thailand.

• Like 1

Some are just in perpetual denial insisting it's somehow reasonable if not actually their "right" to use tourist visas to remain in Thailand indefinitely.   Not saying it hasn't and can't be done, for awhile, but it simply gets riskier the more back-to-back (or nearly so) SETVs you have.  (And before anybody raises the always-asked question, No, renewing the passport doesn't matter a bit. And managing to get a consulate somewhere to issue you another visa doesn't guarantee your being permitted entry at an immigration check-point either.)  First it was the out-and-in visa-runners getting visa-exempt stamps at the border they went after, then the ED visas, then they tightened the screws a little more on the border visa-runners, then they declared war on the overstayers, and now they've graduated to the tourist visa holders.  If you're not married to a Thai, or have a legitimate job in Thailand, or over 50, 'seems like your options are steadily being whittled down to the Elite visa if your intent is to stay in Thailand ...  if you've got money to burn on something so ridiculous that is.

Edited by hawker9000
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, PJPom said:

once again a very thorough scrutiny and a lot of punching computer keys and consultations before I was given stamp and allowed to enter.

[...]

seems like all is OK 

Past tense. All was OK. Enjoy your time. Be Prepared.

• Like 1

I do plan to stay here for quite a while, so might as well get sorted a long term visa and plus learn the language. Coz when u think of it, this tourist visa deal is not what I want to do every 90 days with this uncertainty always bothering my mind.
Thank You for all of Your answers! [emoji1308]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

37 minutes ago, BrakkaToss said:

I do plan to stay here for quite a while, so might as well get sorted a long term visa and plus learn the language. Coz when u think of it, this tourist visa deal is not what I want to do every 90 days with this uncertainty always bothering my mind.
Thank You for all of Your answers! 

Just recognize that an education visa is not a long term solution these days. Apart from the up front cost and procedures to get the visa in the first place,  you will likely be dealing with uncertainty over the 60-day extensions. An education visa is good for those enrolled at university. For those who just want to learn the language, it is usually better to use a different type of visa.

• Like 1