Leave date and re-entry

I have a 1 year Non Immigrant "O" multiple Entry Visa and the immigration officer stamped in my passport during my first entrance to Thailand the dates 07 February 2017 good until 07 May 2017.

I have to leave Thailand this first time before 07 of May 2017?

Will the Thai immigration ask me for Proof of solvency or anything else except my passport and visa during re-entrance to Thailand? 

10 hours ago, GeKoSc said:

I have to leave Thailand this first time before 07 of May 2017?

Your 1-year Multiple Entry gives you 90-days stay upon every entry up until 1-year from the date of issue.  If you enter just before the "enter before" date stamped on the visa, you can get more than 1-year out of it.  If you are married to a Thai, you can get 60-day extensions (1900 Baht) for each entry at immigration, as well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Your 1-year Multiple Entry gives you 90-days stay upon every entry up until 1-year from the date of issue.  If you enter just before the "enter before" date stamped on the visa, you can get more than 1-year out of it.  If you are married to a Thai, you can get 60-day extensions (1900 Baht) for each entry at immigration, as well.

The stamp says: good until 07 May 2017  but not leave before which is shown in the visa itself and refers to the 1 year permission to stay in the country. 

18 hours ago, elviajero said:

No they shouldn't ask for anything other than your passport, however, they can ask to see 20K cash.

How can they expect to have 20k cash in your pocket when arriving at immigration.  Should I bring with me a copy of bank account statement?

9 minutes ago, GeKoSc said:

The stamp says: good until 07 May 2017  but not leave before which is shown in the visa itself and refers to the 1 year permission to stay in the country. 

The stamp does  not say "good until", it says "admitted until".

The visa does not say "leave before", it says "enter before".

The visa does not provide a "1 year permission to stay in the country", it allows unlimited 90 days entries up until the enter before date.  It can be used to get nearly 15 months in the country.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GeKoSc said:

The entry stamp has your permit to stay date on it which is normally shown as the admitted until date.

The enter before date on the visa is the last day you can use the visa for an entry not a permit to stay date.

9 minutes ago, GeKoSc said:

How can they expect to have 20k cash in your pocket when arriving at immigration.  Should I bring with me a copy of bank account statement?

If they were to ask for it they would want to see cash. A bank statement would not be accepted.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, elviajero said:

No they shouldn't ask for anything other than your passport, however, they can ask to see 20K cash.

Immigration WILL NOT ask to see 20k cash or will they want to view a bank statement.   

Edited by hathairat2711
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

The stamp does  not say "good until", it says "admitted until".

The visa does not say "leave before", it says "enter before".

The visa does not provide a "1 year permission to stay in the country", it allows unlimited 90 days entries up until the enter before date.  It can be used to get nearly 15 months in the country.

Fine, so the "admitted until" is the date relevant for leaving the country for the first time...

20 minutes ago, GeKoSc said:

• It doesn't have to be baht. It could be another currency thats the equivalent of 20K baht. 
  • A bank statement wouldn't be accepted. but travelers cheques should be.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, hathairat2711 said:

Immigration WILL NOT ask to see 20k cash or will they want to view a bank statement.   

You cannot guarantee that! It can be asked for, at any border crossing, from anyone holding a visa as it is one of the entry requirements.

• Like 1