English sweet shop

remobb

12 hours ago, fruitman said:

No but if you tell what you want to buy we probably know where.

Hi fruitman, basically looking for boiled sweets like cough candy twist, pear drops, winter warmers etc. thanks.

38 minutes ago, remobb said:

Hi fruitman, basically looking for boiled sweets like cough candy twist, pear drops, winter warmers etc. thanks.

Well i don't know that candy by name.

Central Chidlom supermarket has the most farang products of all.

If you are desperate to satisfy your sweet tooth (and don't mind the cost) - 3 pages of UK sweets here https://www.britishcornershop.co.uk/sweets-hanging-bags-confectionery

Looks like delivery is 5.99 GBP per kilo.

Midget Gems bring back some good memories, but currently I'm into Blackcurrant and Licorice , I'm addicted !!

3 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

My sweet shop as a kid

6b079552e2e72a256a05bbef0b233dd4.jpg

They used to have a penny tray and a ha'penny tray !
My pocket money used to get spent in there every Saturday .

The place has just shut and is for sale, Mrs Robinson must be well old by now, she was old when I was a kid !!

Bloody hell, Mrs Robinson was the owner of our local sweetshop when I was a kid but from the photo not the same shop. looking at it though I think we come from the same part of the world......Does thee like yourkshire puds lad?

Siam Expat Foods,  Soi Siam Country Club on Pattaya darkside has a reasonable selection. Also NaNa Deli a bit further up and round the corner on Nernplabwhan has a more limited selection but did have Cadburys creme eggs in the other day.

There is a shop called Candyland on Theppasit Road (has a website if you google it) but I have never actually been in there.

Edited by Orac
Added more

Bloody hell, Mrs Robinson was the owner of our local sweetshop when I was a kid but from the photo not the same shop. looking at it though I think we come from the same part of the world......Does thee like yourkshire puds lad?

Ay, of course, there in me blood !