Property tycoon’s daughter under spotlight

snoop1130

Property tycoon’s daughter under spotlight

By The Nation

8a6099b225c2a0f40d66bda7d27c784e.jpeg

Investigators are preparing to summon Alisa Asavabhokin, the daughter of property tycoon Anant Asavabhokin, for questioning in connection with her ownership of a large land plot where a major building in the Dhammakaya Temple compound is situated.

According to the land title deed, Alisa bought eight tracts of land with a combined area of 57 rai worth Bt298 million, from Supachai Srisupak-aksorn, the former chairman of bankrupt Klongchan Credit Union Cooperative (KCUC), in 2013. The deal took place just a few days before Supachai’s assets were seized by authorities following criminal charges of money laundering and possession of ill-gotten assets.

Sources at the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) said Alisa will be questioned because the land plot was later used to construct the Boonruksa Building inside the temple compound, which became a hospital. Investigators say they have also found the money trail which shows funds were diverted from the temple to Alisa to buy the land on behalf of the embattled temple.

Nicknamed Taeng, Alisa is the middle child of Anant, the major shareholder of Land and House and Home Pro whose combined assets total Bt97 billion. Her father has long been a key supporter of the Dhammakaya Temple. 

Alisa, who got a masters degree from New York University on linguistics, said in an earlier interview that she chose not to enter the family’s business of property development.

After working for a few years at Assumption University and International Labour Organisation’s offiice, Alisa turned to do what she enjoys most: the spa and yoga businesses under the Lullaby brand.

Last year, Alisa also came under the media spotlight when her name appeared in the so-called Panama Papers as director and shareholder of Lullaby Holding Limited, an offshore account set-up in the British Virgin Islands, along with another offshore holding firm controlled by another child of Anant.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30309412

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-3-17

So she allegedly bought those land plots with money that was given to her by the temple, after which she allowed the temple to freely use the newly acquired plots while on paper she remained the de-facto owner?

I am not sure how a lawyer would twist that around, but to me this is money laundering, plain and simple.

Those wretched monks can proclaim their innocence as loudly and noisily as they want, but it is becoming increasingly clear that this temple and its corrupt inhabitants are entangled in more financial crimes than one can shake a stick at. Almost every week something new comes to light - and almost always some big-wig "follower" is somehow involved.

Shame on this abomination of a so-called Buddhist temple, in which the only thing worshipped appears to be mammon.   

Edited by Misterwhisper
rephrasing

Corrupt hi-so folk think they can do whatever they want, and are untouchable.

This saga stinks of money laundering, disgusting behaviour.

Yet they will find a bigwig lawyer who will twist things around to make it look innocent and above board.

3 hours ago, clockman said:

This temple, hiso only. Steal Buddhism from India. Then pervert it ! The lord himself. Would be turning in his grave.

Would be turning in his grave.  Figuratively maybe. Buddha was cremated, ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

According to the land title deed, Alisa bought eight tracts of land with a combined area of 57 rai worth Bt298 million, from Supachai Srisupak-aksorn, the former chairman of bankrupt Klongchan Credit Union Cooperative (KCUC), in 2013.
Investigators say they have also found the money trail which shows funds were diverted from the temple to Alisa to buy the land on behalf of the embattled temple.

This is a joke.
The ten thousand deceived savers of the Klongchan Credit Union Cooperative will be glad to hear that.
HiSo Monopoly with offshore accounts on the British Virgin Islands.
Pity, no one gives me Bt 300 million stolen money for free.

12 hours ago, colinneil said:

Corrupt hi-so folk think they can do whatever they want, and are untouchable.

This saga stinks of money laundering, disgusting behaviour.

Yet they will find a bigwig lawyer who will twist things around to make it look innocent and above board.

First, they will try to raise a stink with complaints on Facebook...a tried and tested strategy...

18 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

So she allegedly bought those land plots with money that was given to her by the temple, after which she allowed the temple to freely use the newly acquired plots while on paper she remained the de-facto owner?

I am not sure how a lawyer would twist that around, but to me this is money laundering, plain and simple.

Those wretched monks can proclaim their innocence as loudly and noisily as they want, but it is becoming increasingly clear that this temple and its corrupt inhabitants are entangled in more financial crimes than one can shake a stick at. Almost every week something new comes to light - and almost always some big-wig "follower" is somehow involved.

Shame on this abomination of a so-called Buddhist temple, in which the only thing worshipped appears to be mammon.   

This is ongoing, I met elderly lady the other day who mentioned that the temple gave them the money to purchase a large chunk of land valued near $1,000,000.00 US dollars, and that piece of land will be left to the temple once the couple die and they are both on their death beds. Now would that be money laundering since they will be inheriting the land??  

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Last year, Alisa also came under the media spotlight when her name appeared in the so-called Panama Papers as director and shareholder of Lullaby Holding Limited, an offshore account set-up in the British Virgin Islands, along with another offshore holding firm controlled by another child of Anant.

Oh what a tangled web we weave. 

11 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

Just a smart kid that got lucky or knew too much?

Funny that she would side step the family business. As I early stated once the BIB drill down into this further some big hi-so names will pop up. Her father looks high enough up the pecking order to say "leave my daughter alone move on"

1 hour ago, elgordo38 said:

Oh what a tangled web we weave. 

Funny that she would side step the family business. As I early stated once the BIB drill down into this further some big hi-so names will pop up. Her father looks high enough up the pecking order to say "leave my daughter alone move on"

Perhaps. Or perhaps her father, although extremely wealthy has backed the wrong side, and therefore will find himself making an eye-watering contribution to the governments ( rumoured to be somewhat depleted ) coffers. Otherwise his daughter may be in trouble...

Edited by JAG