Got NON O Multi from Savannakhet without any problems

Want to inform, that NON O Multi is still possible without financial proof in Savannakhet.

Got my NON O Multiple - Marriage - from  Savannakhet without any  problems. Arrive there around 9:45am, and was the only one person on the counter,  so all was done in 1 minut. No financial proof needed. Next day pick up another 1 minut. So easy done. I saw there only few peole for pick up, not more than 15.  

• Like 1

Hi all is there anywhere local to Thailand that i could get a multiple non O retirement with proof of money in uk bank account as the uk£ is s--t at the moment. Or say part Thai baat 200k plus the rest in uk bank account. Best regards Mike

4 minutes ago, pluto1956 said:

Hi all is there anywhere local to Thailand that i could get a multiple non O retirement with proof of money in uk bank account as the uk£ is s--t at the moment. Or say part Thai baat 200k plus the rest in uk bank account. Best regards Mike

Could you open a Foreign Currency Deposit account here in T/L.?  You'd need enough in it based on the lower Fx, but at least you wouldn't have to change it until you need it by which time it might b higher...

No, they will only do non O multi visas based on marriage to a Thai, not retirement as far as I know.

However if you have the financials to show them I believe you can get a 90 day non O which you can then convert in Thailand with the funds to an annual retirement extension.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pluto1956 said:

You could try to get one in Penang but you would proof you are retired. For a single entry non-o visa people have used a income letter from the UK embassy.

20 minutes ago, franck1972 said:

Do you know if there is any new specific requirement for a Non 0 Single Entry ?
Any proof of funds or onward ticket requested ?

Not for a non-o based upon marriage at Savannakhet.

For being 50 or over to get a single entry non-o  you need to show 800k in the bank with proof of retirement (a income letter works for that) or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve73 said:

Could you open a Foreign Currency Deposit account here in T/L.?  You'd need enough in it based on the lower Fx, but at least you wouldn't have to change it until you need it by which time it might b higher...

No you can't.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

For being 50 or over to get a single entry non-o  you need to show 800k in the bank with proof of retirement (a income letter works for that) or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

What ubonjoe is saying here could easy be missunderstood.You dont need anything in any bank if youre monthly income equals 800 or more in a year? Is it he same rules on 1 year multi entry based on family as kids?

Thanks for the reply's  I am already on retirement extension and am now young free and single, not so young maybe. I am spending a month or 2 in different places and immigration refuses to accept my 90 day reports so I have to leave the country when 1 is due, In summery

I was looking for an alternative to renewing my extension as seems my address is only 

temporary no 90 day report accepted so obviously no extension. Guess I will be going back to tourist visas and spending less time in Thailand or................

Best regards Mike

PS I don't have enough income to qualify, but 800k bt is not

a problem even better if they can stay as UK £s

Edited by pluto1956
left something out

I tried to get mine from New Delhi, India, thinking of making it a nice trip.

DON'T DO IT !

They use an independent office to process the application, you can't even talk to anyone from the Thai embassy there.

They know nothing of what is required to process an application and only add unnecessary delay to the process.

In the end I did not even get it and only got 30 days on arrival.

New Delhi itself was no prize either.

Very nice sites to visit but the living conditions of the locals is heartbreaking not to mention dirty and very smelly.

GOOD NEW, 

If you have an official address in Thailand, you can now get the Multi, non 0 directly from your provinces local immigration office.

No need to go out of the country at all.

Many here seem to mix up the Non O Visa with the next step, the married or retirement visa.

When you apply for the Non O, you have to state the purpose but do not have to show money in a local daily bank account.

Then toward the end of the Non O year of validity you can you can turn it into a retirement or married visa to extend it another year.

That is when you have to show your bank account with the proper balance for at least 3 month before the application.

I think it is still 800k for retirement and 400k for married and this has to be done again every year you want to stay or until you can get a more permanent visa.

Edited by Bragolatch

2 hours ago, Bragolatch said:

I tried to get mine from New Delhi, India, thinking of making it a nice trip.

DON'T DO IT !

They use an independent office to process the application, you can't even talk to anyone from the Thai embassy there.

They know nothing of what is required to process an application and only add unnecessary delay to the process.

In the end I did not even get it and only got 30 days on arrival.

New Delhi itself was no prize either.

Very nice sites to visit but the living conditions of the locals is heartbreaking not to mention dirty and very smelly.

GOOD NEW, 

If you have an official address in Thailand, you can now get the Multi, non 0 directly from your provinces local immigration office.

Many here seem to mix up the Non O Visa with the next step, the married or retirement visa.

When you apply for the Non O, you have to state the purpose but do not have to show money in a local daily bank account.

Then toward the end of the Non O year of validity you can you can turn it into a retirement or married visa to extend it another year.

That is when you have to show your bank account with the proper balance for at least 3 month before the application.

I think it is still 800k for retirement and 400k for married and this has to be done again every year you want to stay or until you can get a more permanent visa.

I need to ask what a official adress is?

12 hours ago, Odin Norway said:

What ubonjoe is saying here could easy be missunderstood.You dont need anything in any bank if youre monthly income equals 800 or more in a year? Is it he same rules on 1 year multi entry based on family as kids?

I wrote about two different things.

First line was about the non-o visa based upon marriage.

Second line is about getting a non-o visa for being or over for retirement. The income requirement is 65k baht per month (780k annual income) not 800k baht. I was writing about Savannakhet's requirement to get the visa.

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Actually i'm not married yet, just father of a thai child. Does that change anything about funds or onward ticket ?

2 minutes ago, franck1972 said:

Actually i'm not married yet, just father of a thai child. Does that change anything about funds or onward ticket ?

You will only be able to get a single entry non-o based upon being the parent of a Thai. They will not ask for funds or tickets out of the country. They only want that for tourist visas.

You will only be able to get a single entry non-o based upon being the parent of a Thai. They will not ask for funds or tickets out of the country. They only want that for tourist visas.

Now this is getting more confusing ubonjoe.Are you talking about  Savannakhet now or in general ? The thai embassy from my country just told me the other day, that I can get a mulity entry 1 year based on my kid from there,as long as my name is in the birthsertificate.

Then I read this from Bragolatch just above here:

Could you set us strait here ubonjoe?

45 minutes ago, Odin Norway said:

Now this is getting more confusing ubonjoe.Are you talking about  Savannakhet now or in general ? The thai embassy from my country just told me the other day, that I can get a mulity entry 1 year based on my kid from there,as long as my name is in the birthsertificate.

Then I read this from Bragolatch just above here:

Could you set us strait here ubonjoe?

The topic is about Savannakhet so that is what I wrote about.

The only nearby embassy or consulate that will issue a multiple entry non-o based upon being the parent of a Thai is Penang Malaysia

and they want to see 400k baht in the bank when you apply.

Immigration does not issue multiple entry non-o visas for any reason.

The topic is about Savannakhet so that is what I wrote about.

The only nearby embassy or consulate that will issue a multiple entry non-o based upon being the parent of a Thai is Penang Malaysia

and they want to see 400k baht in the bank when you apply.

Thanks ubonjoe.To get one from your provinces local immigration office.is wrong then.I thought so.

19 hours ago, louse1953 said:

No you can't.

Friend has such an account, I think it was minimum 10,000 dollars to open. Somewhere in Pattaya. Gets his salary paid to it every month or a portion of and withdraws when it suits but he has to go to the bank for the money obviously.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Apparently this is not true anymore, I only got a 30 day on arrival visa, I then went to the KhonKaen immigration office but they redirected me to the new MahaSarakham office because that is where my Thai address is. 

They are the ones who told me the rules have changed, that I did not have to exit Thailand but could get a Multi Non O directly from them. They took all my paperwork and I have a pick up date, so I will be able to confirm definitely after the 31st March how well this process actually works. 

3 minutes ago, Bragolatch said:

They are the ones who told me the rules have changed, that I did not have to exit Thailand but could get a Multi Non O directly from them. They took all my paperwork and I have a pick up date, so I will be able to confirm definitely after the 31st March how well this process actually works.

You did not apply for a non-o visa. You applied for a one year extension of stay not not a visa. For it to be multiple entries you will have to apply for a multiple re-entry permit for a fee of 3800 baht.

What have now is under consideration stamp with a report back date on it. When you go back they will do the one year extension stamp.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

You did not apply for a non-o visa. You applied for a one year extension of stay not not a visa. For it to be multiple entries you will have to apply for a multiple re-entry permit for a fee of 3800 baht.

What have now is under consideration stamp with a report back date on it. When you go back they will do the one year extension stamp.

That is not what they told me but you might be right. It is very hard to get clear information anywhere lol I'll post back the actual result when I get it back.

3 minutes ago, Bragolatch said:

That is not what they told me but you might be right. It is very hard to get clear information anywhere lol I'll post back the actual result when I get it back.

When you did the application you completed two TM7 application forms that states you were applying for a extension of temporary stay.

Here is the form to look at Fillable TM7 form.pdf

I

22 minutes ago, Bragolatch said:

Not sure for retirement, but for married expats they asked me to get a Yellow book, the fareng version of the Thai Blue Book or House Registration and Resident Book

Thanks.That was the only thing I could come up with also.Damn hard to get it ,when youre not married and not retiered but nice to have for sure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2017 at 4:49 PM, ubonjoe said:

When you did the application you completed two TM7 application forms that states you were applying for a extension of temporary stay.

Here is the form to look at Fillable TM7 form.pdf

I

Nope I applied for a Non O Visa and received it today from the Immigration Office.

2017-03-31 Non O Visa  black.jpg

Edited by Bragolatch

12 hours ago, Bragolatch said:

Nope I applied for a Non O Visa and received it today from the Immigration Office.

Yours must of been a special case since local immigration offices up here in the north east normally cannot accept an application for a nonimmigrant visa.

The only other case of an application was accepted that I am aware of  was for person that could only apply for visas at an embassy or consulate.in their home country.