Fully manual Honda Wave (do they exist)

JaiMaai

Do fully manual Honda Waves exist? That is, with a proper hand operated clutch. I'm sure I've heard of them but it may just be a figment of my imagination.

Secondly, if they do exist, would they be a good bike to learn to ride on for someone who's been driving a twist and go auto bike for years?

Thanks

The Honda Wave models only come with a semi-automatic clutch, roll back the throttle and you can change gear… Some other manufacturers have step-thru models that come with a more traditional transmission and manual operating clutch lever...

Plenty of manual Waves with a proper clutch on the S/H market, mainly drum front brake models. Sold new up until 4-5 years ago. Always 4 odd k cheaper new than a semi auto disc brake model. Local independent mom'n'pop corner m/c shop will also convert a manual to semi auto and vise versa for about 2k inc parts.

Plenty of manual Waves with a proper clutch on the S/H market, mainly drum front brake models. Sold new up until 4-5 years ago. Always 4 odd k cheaper new than a semi auto disc brake model. Local independent mom'n'pop corner m/c shop will also convert a manual to semi auto and vise versa for about 2k inc parts.

Could I get one for 10-15 k?

Don't care if it's beat-up as long as it runs. Only want to learn on it then sell it on again. Then I'll decide whether I want to get a decent bigger bike or not.

No problem. get a nice tidy one for 10k, a mint one for 15k.

My wife bought her stepdad a very clean one from a dealer for 21k S/H about 8 years ago, he died 3 years ago and she sold it for 10k, snapped off her hand.  In hindsight shoulda hung onto it as a working bike round the farm.

Or as i mentioned, buy an auto and convert if you can't find one, but they are about...

Archived