Baby Food

hucus

Where in Pattaya (or Bangkok) can I find canned baby food?

I mean food in conserves like special meat or special vegitables purre.

The brands like Beech Nut or Hipp for example.

My wife tried Tesco, Big C and Carrefour and only she got is rice and bananas.

Edited by hucus

Living in BKK, i have seen Gerber baby food in many malls .

For Beech Nut or Hipp you may find it in Villa or Foodland (im not sure)

But..sorry for my ignorance ..why you dont use homemade fresh one?In canned food has preservative substance ..and its not that fresh.

If i had my own kid,i would prepared it myself.

You can find Gerber jars in Carrefour - Pattaya. There are many flavours: Applesauce, Peaches, Pears, Green beans, Chicken & vegetables, ....

I didn't find anything at Foodland. Didn't try yet Villa Market (BKK)

If you find something else, please, let us know,

Regards,

Andre

But..sorry for my ignorance ..why you dont use homemade fresh one?In canned food has preservative substance ..and its not that fresh.

I would too. I'll try to tell my wife that.

Its not that easy my wife told me.

When a baby starts receiving usual food the food should specially prepared. It should be made as small as possible. It easy to made an apple for example but not beef (not sure how to properly explain it in English).

When a baby starts receiving usual food the food should specially prepared. It should be made as small as possible. It easy to made an apple for example but not beef (not sure how to properly explain it in English).

when i was a baby , my family fed me with boiled egg(just yolk) + boiled chicken liver + tum leung +chicken broth with Tum-leung (Coccinia grandis) and blended it with a food processor

(err... looks yucky :D)

sometime they fed me with grinded banana+orange juice

Tum Leung)

IMGP4092_resize.JPG

if you want to do it by yourself, use a food processor for making it fine

just an idea..

ps.. canned food is easier for preparing i know :o

We are in a similar dilemma, Big C it seems only sells packet stuff, my missus has been on a mission on this and her summary has been Friendship and Foodland and Tesco Lotus on Sukhumvit Road has collectively the best choice. If your baby doesn't like Chicken you are in trouble! For variety my missus has resorted to making her own food (spag bol) then blending it and freezing it for microwaving later

when i was a baby , my family fed me with boiled egg(just yolk) + boiled chicken liver + tum leung +chicken broth with Tum-leung (Coccinia grandis) and blended it with a food processor

(err... looks yucky :D)

sometime they fed me with grinded banana+orange juice

Tum Leung)

IMGP4092_resize.JPG

if you want to do it by yourself, use a food processor for making it fine

just an idea..

ps.. canned food is easier for preparing i know :o

(Quoting this post as an example of fresh food eating but the reply is to the original poster).

Carefour is packed with glass jars of baby food, for different ages (3 months, 6 months....). Tons of them.

I was so delighted that I found them. However, when I showed all the colorfull little jars to my wife, she had no idea what they were! She did not know industrial made baby food existed on this earth!

On my initiative, we bought a load of them. Already, the baby (then 8 months) had been used to fresh stuff (always available in Thailand), disliked most of the pre-made purees. More than 80% had to hit the bin a few months later (I did not want to play with expiry dates).

The prices are similar as in the West. Junking 50-60 of them could easily be a 3,000baht loss.

Edited by think_too_mut

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't started looking for Gerber yet but am glad to know it's available at Carrefour.

What about those Ensure 8oz. "complete nutrition" shakes? Anyone seen those around anywhere? Preferably available by the case.

Baby on the way and parents getting older, so will soon be in need of both products. Who knows, might have to feed the parents Gerber as well.

:o

With Cobber Jr. we would cook up big batches of a mixture of Pumpkin, Cauilflower , Broccoli , Carrots, Liver , and Pork. With the Pork we would put ribs into the pot and let it simmer until the meat would come of the bone and then put this with the liver into a blender to mash it up and then put the whole mixture through a large siv. Then put it into portions in microwave containers and freeze. It looked horrible but he allways ate it.

• 2 weeks later...

> When a baby starts receiving usual food the food should specially prepared.

> It should be made as small as possible. It easy to made an apple for

> example but not beef (not sure how to properly explain it in English).

The word you're looking for is 'blender'. Needless to say it's much better to just cook your own baby food and run it through a blender for as long as required. Many websites with food ideas on this, just google.

All you need to do is boil some vegetables plus something starchy like potato, pumpkin, sweet potato, corn etc. plus some meat/liver/fish and then put it in a blender and let it cool down. No salt or spices, though I may add a drop (and I do mean one drop) of soy or fish sauce.

I only use canned product on long flights and other times when I don't have access to a kitchen or restaurants.