Dog need help : what can i do ?

noopin2014

I’m terribly heart broken when drive in a soi of Krabi town. There is a young dog live in small cage with a very short leash under the sun in front of a water tank shop. The owner use it like an alarm and he must replace the dog quite often because no one can live long time in these very bad conditions. Is there anything i can do ?

Thanks for your help

I would do the same to the owner. Whatever you do to others is what you want for yourself.

But if you are nicer than that, than call the cops for animal torture. Then he will be fined. Then he will get another dog. Then call the cops again. I would also pay them to do the same to him after being arrested. I am positive that he would rethink his pathetic ways after that. 

If you buy the dog he will just get another and it will be treated in exactly the same way.

I don't have an answer for you, but maybe a suggestion.

The owner is unlikely to listen to your plea to treat the dog better, especially if you are a foreigner. You need to find someone who the owner will listen to and who can persuade him to change his ways without him losing face. It would have to be someone respected by him (maybe a community leader or a monk?)

You may have a problem finding someone who will sympathise with the dog, a lot of people here do not.

Is there a Soi dog/stray dog type charity in your area that you could contact for advice?

25 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

If you buy the dog he will just get another and it will be treated in exactly the same way.

I don't have an answer for you, but maybe a suggestion.

The owner is unlikely to listen to your plea to treat the dog better, especially if you are a foreigner. You need to find someone who the owner will listen to and who can persuade him to change his ways without him losing face. It would have to be someone respected by him (maybe a community leader or a monk?)

You may have a problem finding someone who will sympathise with the dog, a lot of people here do not.

Is there a Soi dog/stray dog type charity in your area that you could contact for advice?

True no real solution the police would just laugh in your face, like chickenslegs says not many here who take care of dogs well and would just buy another and it would be treated the same. Got pups coming up for the second time now and it will be the last, mine are going for the snip and I will try my best to find a good owner to take care of them rather than passing them on to family but  I will keep one. Your only real choice is to do like I said before go buy the dog and look after it yourself, don't bother listening to go lock the owner up and treat him the same you will end up dead, forget about the monks or any hiso around cos they treat their dogs much the same. Only other option is forget about it.

Go over one time and say introduce yourself to the dog and owner (tell him you love dogs), take the dog some food. Then occasionally drop over to check the dog has water and provide some shading over the cage. Offer to take the dog for a walk sometime.

Seeing this example and seeing the dog happy will change his thinking.

Take it one step further and train the dog some simple commands, the owner will be amazed. These types of neglected dogs are very eager to learn from a caring (but firm) handler.

When you are on more friendly terms with the owner remind him that a dog needs a lot of water and can die in a few hours without it, and dehydrated dog is bad for his watertank business .

7 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

I would do the same to the owner. Whatever you do to others is what you want for yourself.

But if you are nicer than that, than call the cops for animal torture. Then he will be fined. Then he will get another dog. Then call the cops again. I would also pay them to do the same to him after being arrested. I am positive that he would rethink his pathetic ways after that. 

Actions speak louder than words.

Get on down there then.

1 hour ago, Hedghog said:

Actions speak louder than words.

Get on down there then.

Get on where lol. I am not even in Th now. That's why I suggested he does it. Plus he asked for advice. What are you moaning about.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived