I Already Have Wp And 1-year Multi B: Wana Hire Me?

Hi, I have a 1 year Multi Entry B visa, and the one year was issued by a Thai embassy abroad and not by immigration. Thus, this same B visa can be used for any other jobs other than my original company. I also have a Work Permit already.

I'm looking for extra work. I can teach English very well and it was my first language, although I am not "white".

(I actually owned my own small English school in another Asian country before moving here).

I can also do editing and proof reading, because I used to teach English term paper writing in that same Asian country.

Here in Thailand, I run a small company related to production advertising. However, in my line, business is sometimes good, but sometimes dead. I'm looking for extra work to supplement my income during the "unstable" periods. (Preferably part time, because I run my other business as well. However, my other business has a flexible schedule).

You may send me a private message, or email to <snip>

Cheers!

David

Edited by Jai Dee
Email address deleted

Hi, I have a 1 year Multi Entry B visa, and the one year was issued by a Thai embassy abroad and not by immigration. Thus, this same B visa can be used for any other jobs other than my original company. I also have a Work Permit already.

Are you sure about this? My understanding was that the visa and WP where job/company linked and that you could only do one thing for one company at a time. If you change a company then you lose the WP and in many cases the Visa as well.

Are you sure about this? My understanding was that the visa and WP where job/company linked and that you could only do one thing for one company at a time. If you change a company then you lose the WP and in many cases the Visa as well.

Yup, sure I'm sure. It depends on how you get your 1 year Multiple entry. If you get a 90 day B visa from an embassy abroad and then use your work permit to change to a 1 year by going to immigration inside thailand, then the 1 year visa and the Work Permit are linked.

However, if you get the full 1 year B visa from a Thai Embassy abroad (as in my case), then the one year visa is not linked to my WP and I can use it for other jobs easily.

Cheers,

David

The WP must be linked to a company because you can only get them here

If you use them after your contract is terminated or do not give them back to the authorities you are breaking the law......and it will have consequences for a new workpermit

Up to you

J

The WP must be linked to a company because you can only get them here

If you use them after your contract is terminated or do not give them back to the authorities you are breaking the law......and it will have consequences for a new workpermit

Up to you

J

Well, I already have a job, and am looking for another (hopefully part-time) to add- on to the same work permit booklet without quitting my current job. My lawyer (Sunbelt) says I can do this.

I never had any intention of quitting and then "illegally holding" on to the WP booklet of my "former" job.

What Sunbelt also said is that if I got my one year Multi B visa from an embassy abroad (and i did not merely extend a 90-day to a 1-year by going to immigration), then the same Multi B can be used for other jobs.

Hope they're correct...

Cheers,

D

No, you can apply for a multiple non-imm B (with a company's sponsor letter) which is valid for 1 year. Usually to research business oportunities etc. Every time you enter Thailand you will be granted 90 days' stay as long as the visa is valid.

Once you apply for extention of stay all the tax, employees etc. have to be shown.

No, you can apply for a multiple non-imm B (with a company's sponsor letter) which is valid for 1 year. Usually to research business oportunities etc. Every time you enter Thailand you will be granted 90 days' stay as long as the visa is valid.

Once you apply for extention of stay all the tax, employees etc. have to be shown.

Thanks Axel :o