DLT, police meet to discuss seat belt order measures

snoop1130

DLT, police meet to discuss seat belt order measures

By The Nation

a77604d66137b810fb38783f4a20c7f3.jpeg

Photo via: https://www.mpi.mb.ca

Representatives from the Department of Land Transport, Royal Thai Police and state-owned Krungthai Bank met Thursday at police headquarters to discuss how to implement the government’s new seat belt order.

Assistant national police chief Pol Lt-General Wittaya Prayongphan told reporters after the meeting that a new system would be set up to allow the three agencies to work together more efficiently. 

Krungthai Bank would be a partner in accepting traffic fines from violators, he said. 

“We need about a month to complete the technical matters,” he added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30310089

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-3-23

"Krungthai Bank would be a partner in accepting traffic fines from violators, he said." 

So this is a revenue generator, not an injury prevention measure? Seriously Thai logic! Make money from the problem, rather than solving the problem.

Stupid driving that creates the accidents to start with.

Edited by darksidedog

So just a few days before the carnage starts, stock up and hide the keys for a week here we will enjoy the same old road safety that works to keep use safe with seatbelts being law for, I forgot how long is it. time for a guess 473 or can we hit the 500 not long now until the answer.

Seatbelts and bib doing there job less that 100, can't have that can we

Krungthai Bank has had a ibanking selection for quite a while where you can pay traffic fines.   You could also pay at the bank in person.   This isn't new.   

I love the OP picture....looks like three half Thai, half farang HiSo kids with one long haired farang girl thrown in happily complying with the revised seat belt law ...or should I say the Section 44 dictate.

And each year during the holidays close, detailed coverage of driving accidents and deaths approx 83% is attributed to motorcycles.   Motorcyclist accidents/deaths cause by DUI, no helmets, more than 2 people on a motorcycle, and just a whole host of Stupid Is As Stupid Does motorcycle accidents.    You don't see a lot of media coverage of these accidents because many happen out on the back roads in provinces or are quickly cleaned-up before the press can arrive to get video for the evening news.  What is the govt doing to reduce this carnage?  

12 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Those six in the bed can jump out easy in case of emergency...the driver can't do so.

jump out???!!!  More like thrown forward into the back of the cab like a watermelon being dropped on concrete or thrown over the cab and landing like a watermelon on concrete....killed just as fast as the folks inside the cab.   And those in the bed are less likely to have a split second to prepare for a crash as they don't see what's occurring in front of them....like a head on collision into another vehicle, tree, etc.

9 hours ago, Pib said:

Krungthai Bank has had a ibanking selection for quite a while where you can pay traffic fines.   You could also pay at the bank in person.   This isn't new.   

I love the OP picture....looks like three half Thai, half farang HiSo kids with one long haired farang girl thrown in happily complying with the revised seat belt law ...or should I say the Section 44 dictate.

And each year during the holidays close, detailed coverage of driving accidents and deaths approx 83% is attributed to motorcycles.   Motorcyclist accidents/deaths cause by DUI, no helmets, more than 2 people on a motorcycle, and just a whole host of Stupid Is As Stupid Does motorcycle accidents.    You don't see a lot of media coverage of these accidents because many happen out on the back roads in provinces or are quickly cleaned-up before the press can arrive to get video for the evening news.  What is the govt doing to reduce this carnage?  

"I love the OP picture....looks like three half Thai, half farang HiSo kids with one long haired farang girl thrown in happily complying with the revised seat belt law ...or should I say the Section 44 dictate."

You have a good imagination, but in reality they are four young Canadian people out in daddy's left hand drive SUV, minivan and all of them completely oblivious to Section 44 and all that it entails. As good road users, they comply with seat belt regulations because penalties for failure to "buckle up" are severe and expensive..

https://www.mpi.mb.ca/en/Rd-Safety/Occupant-Protection/Seatbelts/Pages/seatbelts.aspx

2 minutes ago, Pib said:

Actually, I think the kid on the left hand side of the picture in the front seat is Mr Spock's kid....maybe Mr Spock had some shore leave in Thailand years back.

You think too much. He's second generation Canadian from Winnipeg, his grandparents immigrated to Canada from Haiti in the 1950s.:saai:

9 hours ago, Pib said:

There is an article in today's/28 March Bangkok Post which talks road deaths in Thailand since 1 Jan 17.  It titled "Call for year-round campaign against drunk driving."   The article said since 1 Jan 17 road accidents have claimed the lives of 2,901 people.  And just on Monday/27 March alone 64 lives were lost.  It does not go into specifics and locations of the accidents, but I bet around 80% was out in the provinces and involved motorcycles.