Pattaya to hold traditional Songkran fair

webfact

1 hour ago, onemorechang said:

I have been to Songkran,   up country a few times,   it was ok.

Loads of kids having fun,

Pattaya for Songkran,   is shit.   unless your a newbie.

I don't know any,   long term ex-pat who likes it.

Apart from some bar/restaurant owners who get more trade due  to the influx

of  international idiots who have no idea what songkran is about.,

I suspect your a newbie. :thumbsup:

I have been to seven Pattaya songkrans, four Naklua, two Issan, and once in Hua Hin, Phuket and Samui. 

I rate the Pattaya two years ago as the equal best, City Hall went out of their way to make it huge. There are international idiots, as you say, but it really is a day when Pattaya is taken over by the Thais. 

The other equal best was Issan. I have never been sexually assaulted as much that day, and I live in Pattaya. Go to an Issan town where you are the only whitey. I highly recommend it

1 hour ago, Philthyphil said:

I have been to seven Pattaya songkrans, four Naklua, two Issan, and once in Hua Hin, Phuket and Samui. 

I rate the Pattaya two years ago as the equal best, City Hall went out of their way to make it huge. There are international idiots, as you say, but it really is a day when Pattaya is taken over by the Thais. 

The other equal best was Issan. I have never been sexually assaulted as much that day, and I live in Pattaya. Go to an Issan town where you are the only whitey. I highly recommend it

Been there done that.

as I said,  it's fun.

You been here 7 years and you still like Songkran in Pattaya,  that's just weird.

I have never been sexually assaulted as much that day,

Maybe try the side road of Soi 6, you may enjoy

the free attention :giggle:

Happy Songkran to you all.

Victor_Meldrew_is_back_from_the_grave.jpg

Both Walking Street and Soi Six bar owners were on the meeting at Pattaya City Hall. The propose of the meeting was to wrap up what to do and what to be avoided on this event. 

The important things are traditional decoration and costume including politely presentable watering. 

Edited by champa

2 hours ago, onemorechang said:

Been there done that.

as I said,  it's fun.

You been here 7 years and you still like Songkran in Pattaya,  that's just weird.

Maybe try the side road of Soi 6, you may enjoy

the free attention :giggle:

Happy Songkran to you all.

Victor_Meldrew_is_back_from_the_grave.jpg

I think you will find that 100,000 Pattaya revellers all have a good time during songkran in Pattaya. Happy people all round. 

If you read thaivisa daily, you would probably think it wasn't fun, but there are maybe 100 or so members who struggle to cope.

As far as Soi 6/1 I will leave that to you. I tried it once, but it hurt too much.

8 hours ago, Philthyphil said:

Yes they did. Check it out rather than just disagree.

Up to you to prove it. I looked in last year's Songkran thread and there are no such complaints, unless the search isn't working. Jingthing mentioned "drought" obliquely.

And there are kids everywhere during Songkran.

I'd watched a bit of that Soi 6 vid but not much as Songkran is so boring and all the idiots are depressing, including the narrator. But OK, some kids on Soi 6. I think they belong to the bar girls or their extended families but anyway their parents allow them to be there so that's their business in this country. The  fair isn't about covering up the bargirls for the kids but all about Brit tabloids and the prurient interests of their readers. What a great Songkran for the girls--not.

8 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Up to you to prove it. I looked in last year's Songkran thread and there are no such complaints, unless the search isn't working. Jingthing mentioned "drought" obliquely.

I'd watched a bit of that Soi 6 vid but not much as Songkran is so boring and all the idiots are depressing, including the narrator. But OK, some kids on Soi 6. I think they belong to the bar girls or their extended families but anyway their parents allow them to be there so that's their business in this country. The  fair isn't about covering up the bargirls for the kids but all about Brit tabloids and the prurient interests of their readers. What a great Songkran for the girls--not.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/909546-forget-the-drought-thailands-national-water-fight-is-on/

You are argumentative and seem to write what you want to believe or imagine rather than the reality. 

You think wrong, not all the kids in Soi 6 during songkran as children of prostitutes. Soi six is actually a thoroughfare from second road to the beach, the first one you come across if you don't include 6/1, from Pattaya Klang. Hundreds of kids will use it. 
And none of them read the English newspapers you refer to. I think you are over imagining you self importance.

I think maybe my original post hit a chord with you.

Maybe that is why you find the songkran so "boring and depressing."
Feeling a bit left out?

On Friday, March 24, 2017 at 9:14 AM, Philthyphil said:

Oh here we go again. 

Last year Thaivisa haters of songkran jumped on a false report that their would be a drought and that Songkran should be cancelled to "help the poor farmers"

This was despite the Thai weather bureau stating there would be no such drought. And they were right.

I think  a lot of the negativity here comes from people with no friends who feel a bit left out and hate seeing the Thais have so much fun. The grumpy old Farang who are scared of a bit of water can just stay inside for a few days, you won't be missed.

Getting the the soi six girls to dress a bit less slutty on a day where Pattaya is full of children is a reasonable idea. They had trouble down there last year when a Farang was filmed performing a sex act on a drunk Thai women on the street, they probably don't want a replay performance. Kids don't need to see this sort of thing, it is not the sort of thing you would ever see a Thai male doing in public.

Hardly a 'little bit of water' is it though?

Frankly you can shove Pattaya Songkran where the sun don't shine, I tried it once many years ago, it was a novelty the first time around, now I avoid it like the plague, far too many ignorant idiots about who think it's funny to soak people going to work or going home after a hard days graft.

It would be nice to go back to the original reason and time frame (about 3 days) of what this festival is all about, I have in the past buggered off to other countries to avoid the sheer stupidity of it all, and I have also experienced it up country where the true meaning is still adhered to.

This year we will go shopping just before it kicks off, get the supplies in and batten down the hatches for the duration, we will venture out on the Dark Side for meals and to see friends but as far as going into town is concerned - No chuffing way :thumbsup: