Gay pickpocket rounded up preying on tourists at Jomtien Beach

rooster59

1 minute ago, geisha said:

LOts of things going on in Jomtien. Ladyboys between  the market and soi 9 waiting to rob you. One   tried to " touch" my thin  silver  chain. Girls and boys on the thin pavements soliciting near soi 5 and on the prom. The market is kept quite clean but the roadsides and pavement are filthy, full of trash. Overflowing bins from the beaches stink to high heaven.Second road pavements are death traps with holes everywhere and again full of trash, wastelands full of abandoned rubbish bags. 

At night, bike gangs, pick ups ,park  and party playing music blasting out and spoiling the trade of the restaurants opposite. Speeding cars, no policing. And this is supposed to be the " nice"side of Pattaya. 

U exaggerating somewhat try walk along the Jomtien beach road i see farangs and thai families kids etc walking ,sitting eating socializing in groups enjoying their freetime.Ofcourse it is not problem free town but how about your hometown?Just now they made a simple playground for young children and its packed.They still try improving.u talk about gangs with music but i see thai youth enjoy (thai) music and hang out they much friendlier than groups of youth in my home town i tell u that.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOts of things going on in Jomtien. Ladyboys between  the market and soi 9 waiting to rob you. One   tried to " touch" my thin  silver  chain. Girls and boys on the thin pavements soliciting near soi 5 and on the prom. The market is kept quite clean but the roadsides and pavement are filthy, full of trash. Overflowing bins from the beaches stink to high heaven.Second road pavements are death traps with holes everywhere and again full of trash, wastelands full of abandoned rubbish bags.  At night, bike gangs, pick ups ,park  and party playing music blasting out and spoiling the trade of the restaurants opposite. Speeding cars, no policing. And this is supposed to be the " nice"side of Pattaya. 

They do have policing on beach Rd near Soi 5 on a regular basis.

Surely a couple of low class hookers same soi corner is hardly a comparison to Pattaya.

The music is a problem occasionally but most tenants are no where near it and the ruskies in the hotels across the road are so high on vodka they actually dance to it lol

The only contact I had with a lady boy in jomtien in 6 months was when one followed me into soi 12 on her bike and offered a BJ right there. I politely declined and LB sped off.

Jomtien is still a very nice alternative to Pattaya

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Gay or not, he is definitely stupid. He had the fellas wallet away and then hung around waiting to be arrested. Didn't even take the cash out and chuck the wallet. He deserves whats coming.

I consider "smart" thieves to deserve being arrested as much as the stupid ones

15 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Whilst loving the new pointing pose... I'm wondering how he can be so sure if he's pointing at the right person, given he didn't know that his pocket had been picked.

He was obviously shown his wallet by the BIB, and where they had found it!  And well done the BIB for a change!

Edited by sambum
Word deleted

8 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Whilst loving the new pointing pose... I'm wondering how he can be so sure if he's pointing at the right person, given he didn't know that his pocket had been picked.

If the fingered guy had a smart lawyer he could easily claim a 10% finders fee from the elderly deplorable farang?Omg he is only 41?.

3 minutes ago, Mitker said:

I consider "smart" thieves to deserve being arrested as much as the stupid ones

Oh definitely correct - but the "smart" thieves are more likely to get away with it, which is what I believe darksidedog was implying.

6 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

If the fingered guy had a smart lawyer he could easily claim a 10% finders fee from the elderly deplorable farang?Omg he is only 41?.

Lol... there you go.... a new get out of jail free card, much like the tried and true "brake failure" excuse ???

8 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Ah... right... of course.... the BiB told him who to point at ?

Indeed - as always! But, seriously, in this case I believe that there was a tiny bit of "pro active" policing involved e.g. suspicious behaviour from the culprit, and possibly recognising him from his previous exploits! i.e. :-

"Police soon discovered this was nonsense as Bunchuay had a string of offences for pickpocketing and theft at the resort as well as drugs offences for which he had served time"

And re the "pointing finger", as supposedly the BIB have  been told to stop pointing fingers at suspects, it appears that the victims are now being told to do it instead!

Edited by sambum
Additional text

2 minutes ago, sambum said:

Indeed - as always! But, seriously, in this case I believe that there was a tiny bit of "pro active" policing involved e.g. suspicious behaviour from the culprit, so "let's check it out, boys"

Yer... true.... but I'm still lmao!.... loved destinies comment ???

Political Correctness (PC) is way over done in developed nations, and now frangs have brought it to Thailand?

Just like changing the label/name on Darkie toothpaste to Darklie, when Thailand was a liberty port for the U.S. Navy.

I expect Thai people got a real laugh out of this silliness.

This must be progress!

3 minutes ago, KenKadz said:

Political Correctness (PC) is way over done in developed nations, and now frangs have brought it to Thailand?

Just like changing the label/name on Darkie toothpaste to Darklie, when Thailand was a liberty port for the U.S. Navy.

I expect Thai people got a real laugh out of this silliness.

This must be progress!

How is calling out the sexual orientation of an accused pickpocket a case of PC?Seems to me it's the opposite, as the guy's sex life is totally irrelevant to the incident. 

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

How is calling out the sexual orientation of an accused pickpocket a case of PC?Seems to me it's the opposite, as the guy's sex life is totally irrelevant to the incident. 

Well i do not mind some revealing background information from the journalist about the case?

33 minutes ago, lungnorm said:

Why is the victim pointing at the thief ? The report said he was unaware he had been robbed so how would he know who to point at ???

So you don't read any of the other posts - just the headline?

10 minutes ago, sambum said:

So you don't read any of the other posts - just the headline?

I read enough to know he was not aware he had been robbed. And I do not need to be corrected like a schoolboy. Go back to your Chang!!!!

13 minutes ago, lungnorm said:

I read enough to know he was not aware he had been robbed. And I do not need to be corrected like a schoolboy. Go back to your Chang!!!!

Bit touchy aren't you? I didn't correct you like a schoolboy - just pointing out that you don't appear to have read that the perpetrator was a known criminal, was acting suspiciously so the police (quite rightly as it turns out) searched him and found the stolen wallet in his possession. They then saw the victim nearby who was unaware that he had been robbed, and probably informed him that his wallet had been found in the possession of said criminal - hence the victim pointing the finger at the accused! And by the way, I find that Chang gives me a terrible hangover - won't touch the stuff!

Edited by sambum
Additional text

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

Well i do not mind some revealing background information from the journalist about the case?

About as relevant as saying the accused is left handed.

Second thought, that could actually be much more relevant in some theft cases if the victim claims a right hand was used. 

Edited by Jingthing

...but protect his identity as to not affect his 'career'.....???

...he could use any name...but people might be able to remember a face....

...such as some of his previous victims...

....I really cannot follow this 'reasoning'......

On ‎25‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 0:00 AM, soihok said:

Nice pointing pose.

Can't believe the guy in the photo is 41. Must have had a long paper round.

The name is not correct either so no surprice that the numbers doesnt fit.

Guess the correct numbers  should have been 4100thb and 60 yrs...;)