AIS mobile internet package options

bluesofa

I’ve been an AIS postpaid customer for over ten years. I have an i-Mobile smartphone, but so far have only used it on the internet at home with my WiFi.

I thought I’d look into some of the cheaper AIS mobile options, but am having trouble understanding them.

Are you restricted to a monthly download limit is my first question?

I’m asking this, because on the page for the “On-Top Package” in the first column it lists “Max Speed Internet”, then immediately underneath says “Volume”. To me, “volume” signifies the amount I can download - or have I misunderstood it?

There’s a 3Gb package there for 399 Baht/month.

However, there’s another package, embarrassingly called “Love Love” which has a “Non-stop Internet” max speed of 3Gb (and free calls) for 99 Baht/month.

That looks like it's a hell of a lot cheaper for the same thing?

Is 3Gb a reasonable speed for mobiles, or is it slow?

Can anyone suggest a cheap package - that I can also understand clearly what it offers?

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:32 PM, JamJar said:

in the Ts and Cs it says -

"Service rates: 0.99 baht/min for voice calls to any network, 3 Baht/SMS and 4 Baht/MMS."

Does this mean that the "free" calls actually get charged at .99baht plus vat every time you make a call?

Also OP should be aware of this  -

"When the 3G/4G allowance is reached, customers can continue using the non-stop internet at the max speed of 128 Kbps"

Thanks for the replies.

I called AIS and asked specifically what the packages included.

For the Love Love 99B package, you specify ONE number you can call for free, plus 3Gb download limit.

A better one looks like the "On-Top Package" which includes:

Internet 3Mb download limit 399B for 30 days. Inc. 150 call minutes throughout Thailand.
After d/l limit reached, restricted to 128Kb d/l for rest of month. Will receive SMS if monthly d/l limit is reached.

If choosing a lower download limit, then have to still pay for a "main subscription", plus lower download limit 1Mb/2Mb package cost. (Not sure on cost per call, if calls go over 150 mins?)

At present I'm paying 200B/month for 200 minutes calls only. If I change to another package, I cannot go back to this one, as it's no longer available.

A lot depends on what you want to do on your phone with internet .

Most of the AIS packages reduce speed when hit the download limit and then drops down to 128 Kbps which is really slow.

For example:

I had a 89 baht package with unlimited internet for 7 days but download speed of 512 Kbps which is still a bit slow for playing a YouTube video for example. ( need to wait for buffering)

I currently use a 99 baht u/limited for 7 days with speed of 1mb and its enough for my needs.

I've also tried 5gb for 30 days at 499 baht and 4 gb for 30 days at 399 baht but when the limits were hit then speed reduced and I found I was limiting my usage for the last week.

I suggest you decide how much you gonna use before signing for a 12 month cycle.

I'm happy with my 99 baht ( 106 with tax) 7 days, 1 mb speed unlimited internet.

Mine is prepaid, just top up at machines outside 7-11. Any additional money can be used for phone calls, but I rarely use it as a phone nowadays, can make calls using iMessenger or WhatsApp or FaceTime free on my internet.

19 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Thanks for the replies.

I called AIS and asked specifically what the packages included.

For the Love Love 99B package, you specify ONE number you can call for free, plus 3Gb download limit.

A better one looks like the "On-Top Package" which includes:

Internet 3Mb download limit 399B for 30 days. Inc. 150 call minutes throughout Thailand.
After d/l limit reached, restricted to 128Kb d/l for rest of month. Will receive SMS if monthly d/l limit is reached.

If choosing a lower download limit, then have to still pay for a "main subscription", plus lower download limit 1Mb/2Mb package cost. (Not sure on cost per call, if calls go over 150 mins?)

At present I'm paying 200B/month for 200 minutes calls only. If I change to another package, I cannot go back to this one, as it's no longer available.

Since rates are rarely about 1 baht per minute anyway, your postpaid package doesn't appear to be particularly good value.

Archived