Do many Thais hate us, because they feel we've much more than them?

3 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

I got a few of them too. My take on it is that it must be proof that your life (or mine) is more interesting, otherwise why would they bother?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly.....Suppose I should be flattered with mine, but posting lies about myself here and there proves they are lost, and have lost.....:smile:

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, transam said:

My stalker refers to me as an Isaan refugee.......Tells all his "chums".....Well I can tell his chums that I am quite happy in my humble Isaan abode with sound systems that my far off neighbours  thoroughly enjoy my renditions............great.gif.30fd3cd8c4e7ea2c56567d651ede54cb.gif

I see the grass is looking very thin near the edges. Is that because the speakers point in that direction when trans is in full  throttle karaoke-wise? 

4 minutes ago, GoldenTriangle said:

7 yrs in Kingdom. Thais are polite and charming for the most part. Same as other countries. Most people anywhere are fine. It's always a few malcontents that make trouble. And as they say, if u dont like it, there's the door.

Polite and charming???  Is that why they do not stop for women and babies in crosswalks??? 

48 minutes ago, GoldenTriangle said:

7 yrs in Kingdom. Thais are polite and charming for the most part. Same as other countries. Most people anywhere are fine. It's always a few malcontents that make trouble. And as they say, if u dont like it, there's the door.

And as they say .... ad nauseam  . And as I have said 2  Complaining/constructive criticism and liking it here are not mutually exclusive.   

And as they say .... ad nauseam  . And as I have said 2  Complaining/constructive criticism and liking it here are not mutually exclusive.   

There is no such thing in the Thai perception as "constructive" criticism.That's why farang managers tend to dread annual performance reviews with their Thai staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You have to distinguish the dislike from the rich (Chinese) Thais and the dislike from the poor(Lao) Thais.

Most  rich Thais are more wealthy than most foreigners.

So here is the problem: Take the nightlife scene on the foreigner side. The prostitution is only about 10% of total but it is very visible and the rich Thais are ashamed of the rap Thailand has  in the world. And they blame the foreigners for this. Now take the case of a poor Thai male from upcountry who had a girlfriend who left him ( for  good reason) and hooked up with a foreigner in Pattaya or Nana. And things have gotten ugly when this said male followed her to Pattaya only to be ignored. Obviously the poor Thais dont care about Thailands reputation and the rich Thais could  care less about the sorry males from upcounty losing out.

Edited by morrobay

You have to distinguish the dislike from the rich (Chinese) Thais and the dislike from the poor(Lao) Thais.
Most  rich Thais are more wealthy than most foreigners.
So here is the problem: Take the nightlife scene on the foreigner side. The prostitution is only about 10% of total but it is very visible and the rich Thais are ashamed of the rap Thailand has  in the world. And they blame the foreigners for this. Now take the case of a poor Thai male from upcountry who had a girlfriend who left him ( for  good reason) and hooked up with a foreigner in Pattaya or Nana. And things have gotten ugly when this said male followed her to Pattaya only to be ignored. Obviously the poor Thais dont care about Thailands reputation and the rich Thais could  care less about the sorry males from upcounty losing out.

I believe fighter pilots refer to target confusion when there are multiple targets to shoot down.In this post riddled with errors and misunderstandings as well as comical logic failures, one major impression emerges.In other words many foreigners including obviously this one are simply not equipped to make generalisations on Thai society and life - because their exposure is seemingly limited to the very lowest levels.

1 hour ago, jayboy said:

I believe fighter pilots refer to target confusion when there are multiple targets to shoot down.In this post riddled with errors and misunderstandings as well as comical logic failures, one major impression emerges.In other words many foreigners including obviously this one are simply not equipped to make generalisations on Thai society and life - because their exposure is seemingly limited to the very lowest levels.

Sorry  you are so confused with the accurate analysis that addresses the OP. ( unlike your 2 bit comments) Try reading it again after some coffee . So what exactly are the errors, and misunderstanding  Mr socialologist.? Its a fact that the elite are ashamed  of the rap Thailand  has and its a fact that poor Thai males loose out to foreigners. In both cases they do not like foreigners.  Still confused ?   

Edited by morrobay

1 hour ago, morrobay said:

Its a fact that the elite are ashamed  of the rap Thailand  has and its a fact that poor Thai males loose out to foreigners. In both cases they do not like foreigners.

who established that fact and where is it published?

Sorry  you are so confused with the accurate analysis that addresses the OP. ( unlike your 2 bit comments) Try reading it again after some coffee . So what exactly are the errors, and misunderstanding  Mr socialologist.? Its a fact that the elite are ashamed  of the rap Thailand  has and its a fact that poor Thai males loose out to foreigners. In both cases they do not like foreigners.  Still confused ?   

Another fellow who sees Thailand through the prism of prostitution.Hardly surprising he is so muddled though to be fair there is the comic value of his being even sillier than most.

A choice idiocy is his contention that foreigners are unpopular with poor Thai men because they have seduced their prostitute sweethearts.

It's just bar talk nonsense.It's true that farang are less respected than thirty years ago and I suppose mass tourism has some thing to do with that.But for the vast majority of Thais both then and now there is no particular feeling one way or the other.

1 hour ago, jayboy said:
1 hour ago, Naam said:

It's just bar talk nonsense.It's true that farang are less respected than thirty years ago and I suppose mass tourism has some thing to do with that.

i did not realise any loss of respect during the last 43 years. needless to say that the respect towards my person is partially based on the printed paper in my wallet :smile:

49 minutes ago, Naam said:

i did not realise any loss of respect during the last 43 years. needless to say that the respect towards my person is partially based on the printed paper in my wallet :smile:

Try cutting down on the airconusage in ur mansion...see what happens then...:smile:

I was told that a few  days ago.

What's your opinion on it?

Someone  with over 3,000 posts (which takes a while) asks a question based on what someone else told him..........Amazing!!

He needs to get out more,

19 minutes ago, benalibina said:

Ur €500 bottle of after shave and deo will take care of that....dont sweat the little stuff mate...

my after shave is 250 Baht, i don't use any deodorant and i hate sweating. did a lot of sweating when living and working in the Arabian desert, the African bush and an Asian swamp. since i am retired i leave the sweating to those who like it. some even seem to derive a kick from sweating just by looking at their electricity bill. 

16 hours ago, Naam said:

Take a look at the Pattaya News. (for the last 6 months). Who do think is behind all this Pattaya image change??  Again, it is the elite that are ashamed of the reputation Thailand has. Where better to act on this than Pattaya. Where have you been Jim? 

5 hours ago, morrobay said:
22 hours ago, Naam said:

Take a look at the Pattaya News. (for the last 6 months).

sorry, won't take a look even if i get paid for it :saai:

1 hour ago, Naam said:

sorry, won't take a look even if i get paid for it :saai:

Voila ! So thats why its so hard to communicate with someone who asks for a reference .Then refuses to acknowledge the  references  because  they conflict with ones uninformed mindset.

By the way. Im referencing the Pattaya News in this forum

43 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

Don't worry bout the Thai's plenty of ex pats hate me cos i have more than them,some of them on Thai visa,well one in particular,he knows who i am referring too.

how did you find out that i hate you? :w00t:

2 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Don't worry bout the Thai's plenty of ex pats hate me cos i have more than them,some of them on Thai visa,well one in particular,he knows who i am referring too.

Yes lots of farang haters. All their problems are caused by others and none of the blame for their misery is due to their actions.