Do many Thais hate us, because they feel we've much more than them?

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I think they hate us because many are European, smoke too many cigarettes, don't shower often enough (or with enough soap), and many have stupid looking man buns.

Well I qualify but they don't hate me....:stoner:

On 4/15/2017 at 0:30 PM, IMA_FARANG said:

Touching a person's head with your feet is considered an offense to that person by most Thais.

My girlfriend says this is an old superstition. I was sitting on the couch and she was down on the bed propping her feet up which were nearly in my face. When I pointed out that this was supposed to be offensive to Thais, she laughed and reminded me that she was a college grad and that the "foot thing" was superstition. I learned something from that encounter.

1 minute ago, Chip Allen said:

My girlfriend says this is an old superstition. I was sitting on the couch and she was down on the bed propping her feet up which were nearly in my face. When I pointed out that this was supposed to be offensive to Thais, she laughed and reminded me that she was a college grad and that the "foot thing" was superstition. I learned something from that encounter.

Or been around farangs tooooo long...........:shock1:

21 minutes ago, transam said:

Ocenonsense....Perhaps your problenms tell you that...

It seems you have caught the "Issaan fever" by reading some of your posts of late. Maybe you should get away from your PC and "enjoy" real life more.

I agree though that "my" problems make me somewhat biassed. On the other hand....why should I INdeed bother about some young Innocent kids who are being abused, brainwashed, manipulated and faulty conditioned....to serve their purpose to "The Family". 

6 minutes ago, benalibina said:

It seems you have caught the "Issaan fever" by reading some of your posts of late. Maybe you should get away from your PC and "enjoy" real life more.

I agree though that "my" problems make me somewhat biassed. On the other hand....why should I INdeed bother about some young Innocent kids who are being abused, brainwashed, manipulated and faulty conditioned....to serve their purpose to "The Family". 

So at the "moment" I have a great Isaan wife and know a few that don't I should not post....?

AND, my life is what I/we make it, perhaps l am lucky. Ten years in Isaan enjoying our life may be different to many, but that ten years enables me to talk TRUE....Whether like or don't like it doesn't bother me because l have seen and dealt with both sides of the coin..

13 minutes ago, transam said:

So at the "moment" I have a great Isaan wife and know a few that don't I should not post....?

AND, my life is what I/we make it, perhaps l am lucky. Ten years in Isaan enjoying our life may be different to many, but that ten years enables me to talk TRUE....Whether like or don't like it doesn't bother me because l have seen and dealt with both sides of the coin..

At your blessed age, I would want to be blind for the truth as well. Bless you !

2 minutes ago, benalibina said:

At the time when one keeps making allowances. No age INvolved. Thought you knew that too.....my bad !

Well I do know that..You posted "at my age", was a bit confused with that, but it might be my age...:laugh:

Milage differs.... for the most part it seems the majority of foreigners *(Westerners) here enjoy fairly normal lives and understand that Thai's in generally don't give us a great deal of passing thought. 

Some, however, appear to have quite negative views and project their negative views of Thai's on to their impression that Thai's have negative views of us. 

Outside of tourist areas they don't - it actually seems quite arrogant to think we play a role of any significants at all in the mindsets of a nation.

It seems this opinion varies and depends on attitude which itself may depend one where and whom you are surrounded by. 

11 hours ago, benalibina said:

Dont believe they hate us but if not for monetary gain, we mean absolutely nothing overhere.

that is absolutly true.

no thai hates a farang because they have more money, they pity us, because we are stupid, boorish, barbaric aliens, who stink and dont know how to behave politely, if one hates a falang, its mostly, because he lost face for any reason.

16 hours ago, pattayahenry said:

that is absolutly true.

no thai hates a farang because they have more money, they pity us, because we are stupid, boorish, barbaric aliens, who stink and dont know how to behave politely, if one hates a falang, its mostly, because he lost face for any reason.

Or she.

On 17/04/2017 at 4:21 AM, pattayahenry said:

that is absolutly true.

They

We

People are individuals not groups of identical people

On 17/04/2017 at 1:21 AM, pattayahenry said:

that is absolutly true.

That is absolutely NOT true at all. I may well apply in some cases but certainly not in all cases. It may apply to you but it doesn't apply to me.

Over the years I have pent in Thailand I feel that most of the problems that farangs have depends on where they live and their attitude towards the Thai people and life in general. I don't seem to have problems with Thais being jealous of me because I have more money than them.

Out here in rural Khampaeng Phet I probably do have more money that the average farmer or 7/11 worker but there are also quite a few Thais who own their own businesses who are richer than me. I am not jealous of them and AFAIK the poorer Thais are not jealous of me.

On 17/04/2017 at 4:21 AM, pattayahenry said:

that is absolutly true.

If one hates a farang or a thai it's probably because she/he is a douche and nothing to do with money.

On 16/04/2017 at 5:26 PM, transam said:

Where in isaan do you live?

1 hour ago, bartobar said:

Do you have a th gf?

Are you married to th?

Have you been to is.....n

I will answer your questions.

I used to have one for 7 years, but not any longer.

The reason for that is that I married her 17 years ago this month.

I used to work in Issan for 4 years.

Now we live in rural Khampaeng Phet and have done for 13 years.

Happy now?

This evening my Thai family and many friends held a traditional Songkran ceremony. As the eldest (and the only farang here) I was the first and guest of honour as it were.

Were the Thais jealous and did they hate me?

Not in the slightest.

And now I must go back to the party.

I am sorry if my experience and that of Transam and so many of us farangs is so different from the many among the posters who seem to have a problem with living in Thailand and among Thai people.

Live is what you make of it and how you live it.

I love it here and want no other place to live.