Hi guys

I'm new here, so I'm probably doing something wrong with my posting.

I was wondering if anyone could "translate" land size written i hieroglyphics.

It's ok if i just get ngan, talang met, or whatever it says. For me it looks like something my daughter did when she was 3 years old.

Thanks in advance

Land size.jpeg

British (Imperial) And U.S. System
township    0.00000429
square mile    0.0001544
homestead    0.0006178
acre    0.09884
rood    0.3954
square rod    15.81
perch    15.81
square yard (yd²)    478.4
square foot (ft²)    4,306
square inch (in²)    620,000
square mil (th²)    620,000,000,000

Take your pick from the above for 1 Ngan

Perhaps your daughter studied that system when she was two?

Or you could use METRIC, to convert the superior Thai system.

1 Ngan = 400 square metres.

1 Talang Wah = 4 square metres.

• 2 months later...
On 2017-3-26 at 8:01 AM, MalandLee said:

British (Imperial) And U.S. System
township    0.00000429
square mile    0.0001544
homestead    0.0006178
acre    0.09884
rood    0.3954
square rod    15.81
perch    15.81
square yard (yd²)    478.4
square foot (ft²)    4,306
square inch (in²)    620,000
square mil (th²)    620,000,000,000

Take your pick from the above for 1 Ngan

Perhaps your daughter studied that system when she was two?

Or you could use METRIC, to convert the superior Thai system.

1 Ngan = 400 square metres.

1 Talang Wah = 4 square metres.

A rai is 1600 Sq metres or 40 x 40 metres.  A ngan is 1/4 of a rai,  400 sq metres, say 20 x 20 metres

A rai is .4 of an acre or .4 of .4 of a hectare. (An acre being .4 of a hectare.) These figures are closely aproximate not exact.

Edited by The Deerhunter

land size written i hieroglyphics ????

No, it is just written in Thai language, witch you obviously dont master .

You also dont master hieroglyphics...........

So you only master English...........and your daughter probably speaks Thai and English fluently ?

Later ,since you are new here, you will probably réalise that your wife is the owner of your land (and ev. house),......

so be a good boy and dont make your wife angry........she knows how to read hieroglyphics .........

Maby you can start here:Afbeeldingsresultaat voor thai numbershttps://www.google.es/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj1ibyG_JXUAhXBOxoKHT4oAqcQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fblogs.transparent.com%2Fthai%2Fmath-in-thai%2F&psig=AFQjCNHTv39HaaeHGdxukxZDvM4PzQRjAA&ust=1496177067231988

It is not so difficult, your daughter can help you with these simple  things.

I wish you the best , i was just joking.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017-05-30 at 5:49 AM, lucjoker said:

land size written i hieroglyphics ????

No, it is just written in Thai language, witch you obviously dont master .

You also dont master hieroglyphics...........

So you only master English...........and your daughter probably speaks Thai and English fluently ?

Later ,since you are new here, you will probably réalise that your wife is the owner of your land (and ev. house),......

so be a good boy and dont make your wife angry........she knows how to read hieroglyphics .........

Maby you can start here:Afbeeldingsresultaat voor thai numbershttps://www.google.es/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj1ibyG_JXUAhXBOxoKHT4oAqcQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fblogs.transparent.com%2Fthai%2Fmath-in-thai%2F&psig=AFQjCNHTv39HaaeHGdxukxZDvM4PzQRjAA&ust=1496177067231988

It is not so difficult, your daughter can help you with these simple  things.

I wish you the best , i was just joking.

Sorry for a late reply.

My daughters english isn't fluent and she can't read or write Thai so well.

For me i can speak 3 languages pretty well or 5 languages if we include all scandinavian languages.

My german is not so good, but i understand if i read.

I was a bad boy and made my wife really angry. It will cost me a small fortune, but it doesn't matter if hus and land is in her name. The value is still there and it will reduce the cost of the divorce.

But <deleted>. It's worth all the money and a little bit more. Even my daughter is happy. She's 13 now and still can't understand those ancient Egyptian things ;)

2 hours ago, AndyJo said:

Sorry for a late reply.

My daughters english isn't fluent and she can't read or write Thai so well.

For me i can speak 3 languages pretty well or 5 languages if we include all scandinavian languages.

My german is not so good, but i understand if i read.

I was a bad boy and made my wife really angry. It will cost me a small fortune, but it doesn't matter if hus and land is in her name. The value is still there and it will reduce the cost of the divorce.

But <deleted>. It's worth all the money and a little bit more. Even my daughter is happy. She's 13 now and still can't understand those ancient Egyptian things ;)

thanks for confirming the content of  my reply .

Seems you dont need to know the meaning of those ancient Egyptian things anymore ,

you dont have land anymore and the only one who could understand the meaning owns the land now.

So everything went as predicted .

But you take your loss well, you are an optimist and happy, your daughter is happy and your wife is happy.

So all ends well .

You can start allover again ........

2 hours ago, lucjoker said:

thanks for confirming the content of  my reply .

Seems you dont need to know the meaning of those ancient Egyptian things anymore ,

you dont have land anymore and the only one who could understand the meaning owns the land now.

So everything went as predicted .

But you take your loss well, you are an optimist and happy, your daughter is happy and your wife is happy.

So all ends well .

You can start allover again ........

I don't need any land or any car. I just needed to get her values in Thailand so i could deduct it from the money i had to pay her.

She sent in some documents to the court (here in scandinavia) that her mother owns the house and her grandfather owns the land, so the value of the property in Thailand was zero.

So i just hired a lawyer in Thailand and got the correct papers now and told the court at home that the fraud attempt is probably not.....how to say....well, not exactly legal.

So that will probably reduce my expenses with 3,15 million Thb which could be converted in to beer, socks, eggs or plenty of toilet paper.

You should have warned me before. Just confirming the content of your reply didn't help anyone.

Now i know that i should not be a bad boy, if i want to keep my money.

5 hours ago, AndyJo said:

I don't need any land or any car. I just needed to get her values in Thailand so i could deduct it from the money i had to pay her.

She sent in some documents to the court (here in scandinavia) that her mother owns the house and her grandfather owns the land, so the value of the property in Thailand was zero.

So i just hired a lawyer in Thailand and got the correct papers now and told the court at home that the fraud attempt is probably not.....how to say....well, not exactly legal.

So that will probably reduce my expenses with 3,15 million Thb which could be converted in to beer, socks, eggs or plenty of toilet paper.

You should have warned me before. Just confirming the content of your reply didn't help anyone.

Now i know that i should not be a bad boy, if i want to keep my money.

I'm sorry i forgot to warn you in time,......