Cost to set up thai company

What are you trying to accomplish?  A work permit? Visa? Propety? Working company?  New Career?  I had a lawyer setup up my partnership so I could own property and have a work permit... several around with an easy search.. I think it was 76,000THB and a lot of paperwork..even two rubber company stamps.  Registered with 2M THB in capital, proof of building location, rent, landlord approval, office space (desks) with four employees paying taxes and health insurance, and only then I am able to have one work permit.

Don't forget to add in the monthly/annual accountant's fees which can range from THB 8,000 to <enter large number> depending on complexity.

And the cost of disolving the company later, which ranges from 15,000 to <enter large number> depending on complexity.

I did exactly what you are planning to do a year ago. I went with a law firm to assure that everything was legal and in order. The company I used was The Kingdom Law Group Co.,Ltd. I found them on their website. I must say it was a good choice. They were competent and fairly priced. No complaints.

On 3/26/2017 at 10:46 AM, jmerrett said:

What does it cost to set up thai company

A Thai company limited will cost around 50,000 baht (+/-) in set-up, when a lawyer do the paperwork and registration for you, including fees for registration for a registered capital of 2 million baht – capital needed for one foreigners Work Permit, and the usual capital registered for co. ltd. with foreign shareholders. You shall normally receive a binder with the original Thai documents, including a tax number registration, and an English translation; the latter is very useful to understand what has been registered, and especially the "Particulars of the objective".

:smile:

14 hours ago, jmerrett said:

Thanks guys i have been offered a restaurant bar at a really cheap price it apprently includes a company and all machineey and buisness for around 5000 usd
Ate there any traps in transfering the company to my name

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

"...any traps..."
A Thai company limited is not transferred to your name, but you can have up to 49% of the shares transferred to your holding, and be director (board-member) of the company, if you get the votes.

Traps are:

Who are the 51% of the shareholders (minimum two Thais), actually owing "your" company..?

When is the co. ltd. established, and are there any proxy-shareholders, for old-time co. ltd. set-up, in the company..?

How are the voting rights, i.e. do you, or anyone else, have preferred shares..?

Status of balance and debt, i.e. any debitors or unpaid taxes, or due taxes..?

Annual report for 2016, has that been audited and filed to tax-department..?

Who hold the license for the bar/restaurant..?

For $5,000, i.e. aprox. 175,000 baht, you probably take over a lease or rent contract for a bar-&-restaurant, how long time is left; and if originally lasting more than 3-years, has it been registered at Land Department..?

If something is "really cheap", ask the question "why"..?

–there may be a good reasonable explanation, or that ("really cheap") may be "the trap"..!

Just what immediately comes to mind...:whistling:

• 3 weeks later...