Where in Chiang Mai to find corner brace and wood plug to repair chair

hobz

08CORBRA.gifHi guys,

Repairing a chair that i really lik20008236862717.jpge.

I've checked global house and they don't have wood plugs or corner braces.

I assume baan and beyond and homepro is not even worth checking.

Bonus question, whats a good way to get a screw into a wood without breaking/cracking it? Im thinking its best to avoid a drilling machine and just screw for hand.. 

il_340x270.548840773_s3p5.jpg

Did you actually ask in Global or show them the photos?

Anyway, I've seen both in HomePro (ok not in CM but they ought to be everywhere).

In order to avoid splitting one would normally drill a pilot hole although the tiny screws you'll likely be using for you braces (<1/2") should be fine.

Global  have them both and the wooden dowels  (well they did a few weeks ago). But they are not where you would expect them to be)

Try the area by the electrical conduit, about 4 sets of shelves with kitchen cabinet fittings.

Home pro have a selection of brackets certainly the Sansai has, not sure about the dowels.

Home Mall  on the 121 also keep all those brackets not sure about the dowels.

If you have a sharp chisel or knife you could make yourself a couple of dowels.

8 hours ago, Crossy said:

Did you actually ask in Global or show them the photos?

Anyway, I've seen both in HomePro (ok not in CM but they ought to be everywhere).

In order to avoid splitting one would normally drill a pilot hole although the tiny screws you'll likely be using for you braces (<1/2") should be fine.

1 hour ago, sappersrest said:

Global  have them both and the wooden dowels  (well they did a few weeks ago). But they are not where you would expect them to be)

Try the area by the electrical conduit, about 4 sets of shelves with kitchen cabinet fittings.

Home pro have a selection of brackets certainly the Sansai has, not sure about the dowels.

Home Mall  on the 121 also keep all those brackets not sure about the dowels.

If you have a sharp chisel or knife you could make yourself a couple of dowels.

Thanks for the replies guys :)

I showed photos and I even had a wooden plug with me and showed ... they say they didn't have them... Seems like i asked the wrong people I guess.. They didn't seem interested in helping... God I hate people like that sometimes... :(

I also looked through pretty much every aisle... ofcourse easy to miss i guess.. I will try to find the kitchen cabinet fittings next time :D What do you mean "by the electrical conduit"? You mean next to where they have the electrical conduits?

yes Global do no sell corner angles anymore..., but the good news is Home pro have several sizes but not any bigger than 100x100

if you want bigger you have to ask at the local builders yards.

the wooden dowels, they sell at Thai watsadu, they have a section dedicated to making your own kitchen units/wardrobes so they have the dowels in packets and of course the small corner brace you have shown.

Gobal these days is pretty poor for basic stuff....nails for example, forget it unless you want masonry or 2", screws forget it unless you want self tappers

I dont like TW but they have a much better selection than most

Archived