TAT to attract Chinese tourists from South Korea and Japan markets

webfact

TAT to attract Chinese tourists from South Korea and Japan markets

tat.jpg

BANGKOK, 27 March 2017 (NNT) – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) plans to attract more Chinese tourists from South Korea and Japan, due to advantages in Thailand's tourism scene this year. 

The TAT Governor Yuthasak Supasorn has revealed the TAT will be promoting Thailand’s unique tourism products to attract groups of Chinese tourists who generally travel to Japan and South Korea in wake of a 12 percent drop in spendings in Japan among this tourist group, and missile defense system's deployment in South Korea definitely reduce the number of visitors. 

He has said theses conditions push Thailand into becoming one of the top destinations for Chinese tourists, while Thailand also has an advantage from its good variation of tourism products such as foods, attractions, and the good relations between Thailand and China where racial discrimination does not exist between both peoples. 

The TAT governor has said as this will be a different tourist group, it is very likely the number of Chinese tourists visiting Thailand will increase from last year, while other markets have been performing positively. The South African market has seen over 110 percent growth, the Indian market expanded by 20 percent, and the European market has also been growing constantly.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-03-27

I have mixed feelings about this.   I recently made a couple of trips through HK and there was a tour group from China on both flights.   They were obviously mainland Chinese as they were not speaking Cantonese.   One group was reasonably well mannered.   They were dressed like they had done their shopping at the local Thrift Store, but other than that, they were pretty presentable and pretty well behaved.  

The other group was so loud and obnoxious in the airport that the staff asked them to be quiet and finally asked them to move.   They were sitting in the vicinity of where i was, but they refused to move, even though they were sitting in the seats for the first and business class passengers.  

They were obnoxious enough that the staff asked if I would like to pre-board, so I could avoid sitting in the area with them any longer.   I did.

I also stayed at a couple of hotels which had a lot of Chinese tourists.   These were mostly younger tourists and couples, not with tour groups.   They tended to be a bit loud when coming in/out of the hotel and in the hallways, but were otherwise reasonably well behaved.  

In contrast, several years ago, I actually left a hotel because of a group that was so loud and obnoxious that it was almost impossible to get any rest.  

Hopefully, Thailand will attract the better groups of tourists.  

He is right about one thing, there is a huge drop in Chinese tourists to S Korea. The Chinese gov is on a propaganda spree to curb tourism and consuming of Korean goods / entertainment.

Those Chinese will go somewhere else. That is a fact. If they can lure them here or not is another story. 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s unique tourism products

3 hours ago, webfact said:

attract more Chinese tourists from South Korea and Japan

Let me guess....not Fukushima tainted (yet), and no missile defence system (needed) here. :coffee1:

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) plans to attract more Chinese tourists from South Korea and Japan, due to advantages in Thailand's tourism scene this year. 

So TAT plans to attract more Chinese tourists who live in South Korea and Japan? Or Chinese tourists of Korean and Japanese ethnicities? 

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

What? why? is there shortage of Chinese in China that they have to poach tourists from other countries and boast about it? what an arrogant, full of his self person that governor is.....

Hey ezzra next time you go to the race track take him with you. Winners guaranteed.