Do I need a lawyer to buy a condo?

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Champers, you were thinking of buying lumpini ville wasn't it? For you it seems it will be a case of heading down the land office (with or without your lawyer) and get the chanote transferred to you / you hand over the cheque.

You were quite happy with the 22/26m 1 bed? Everything close together but ok? I noticed some adds where people have beds in the main room rather than a sofa making it a 2 bed, surely a farang wouldn't do that.

Just the one bed. I know 5 or 6 people stay in some rooms from time to time. The girlfriend has occasionally slept on the floor (of her own volition).

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lumpini Ville Naklua is okay , I rented via AirBNB some time ago for 350 baht per night and up in 22nd floor. It's a huge condo , I think more than 2000 units.  

Rooms are around 25-27 sqm , with a sink in the kitchen, small balcony where you can put a washing machine. So everything is there for 1-2 persons.  And with a sea view.   But you feel like your living in a shoe box. Luxurious Asian style I guess,    

5 hours ago, champers said:

Just the one bed. I know 5 or 6 people stay in some rooms from time to time. The girlfriend has occasionally slept on the floor (of her own volition).

Speaks about the kind of community residing in the development...

On 02/04/2017 at 10:56 PM, wpcoe said:

I'm surprised a "name and shame" list of delinquent owners would be legal with the country's severe libel and slander laws.  A delinquent owner could press charges against the poster of the list for defamation.

It isn't defamation: it's a simple fact. All co-owners have the right to know which other co-owners are behind in their bills. Many Thai managements would probably want to avoid doing it though as they have a general dislike of openness and transparency.

3 hours ago, KittenKong said:

It isn't defamation: it's a simple fact. All co-owners have the right to know which other co-owners are behind in their bills. Many Thai managements would probably want to avoid doing it though as they have a general dislike of openness and transparency.

But, Thailand's defamation laws apply whether the "defaming" information/comment is true or not.  An owner could take umbrage at having their dirty laundry being posted and claim their reputation was being damaged and probably win with the bizarre laws here.

But, Thailand's defamation laws apply whether the "defaming" information/comment is true or not.  An owner could take umbrage at having their dirty laundry being posted and claim their reputation was being damaged and probably win with the bizarre laws here.

Still, its a risk worth taking to highlight the dodgy owners

6 hours ago, wpcoe said:

It isn't defamation: just a simple fact. And more importantly the debt is due to all other co-owners so I dont see how any court could find it unreasonable. "Public good" information is one acceptable defense against defamation charges.

Edited by KittenKong