Black anti carbon masks?

RickG16

After a bout of pneumonia I've decided to try and minimise the bad air I'm breathing in while in BKK.

I've purchased one of those anti carbon masks from 7/11, but I don't like the colour....I think black would be far more fetching! Anyone no where I can get my hands on a black colour mask in BKK?

Also... how / how often do they need to be washed?

Cheers

Are these special masks or just the standard cottong face mask many people wear?

If the latter, then be advised that they dont block much of pollution. A professor at Hongkong University tested them and apparently they block only up to 25% of fine dust, particles, etc.

That also is only the case if the mask is completely tight, which when you wear it, isnt.

On 4/3/2017 at 6:08 PM, wakka said:

Are these special masks or just the standard cottong face mask many people wear?

If the latter, then be advised that they dont block much of pollution. A professor at Hongkong University tested them and apparently they block only up to 25% of fine dust, particles, etc.

That also is only the case if the mask is completely tight, which when you wear it, isnt.

Interesting.. I had doubted their effectiveness. Wonder where you can get good ones from....